Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Dev's make a Vote for if we can get the old title system back?

Can Dev's make a Vote for if we can get the old title system back?

The players are the ones who pvp and not the dev's

We never got the option to choose to keep the old title system, we were forced to accept it many years ago.
    Pvp is a big part of anarchy online and the old title system was kinda stolen away without letting the ones who actualy pvp deside what do there.
    The dev's makes the game good and right for the player in this game, but what would the game be without the player?

Only true and rightfull way for it would be from a votepoll made by the dev's to let evry single player deside what they prefer.
    Discussing about things in forums never works, becose u have a legue of trolls who steps on evryone with a diffrent opinion.
    Wish voteing for changes would been used more in general, and i kinda hope the dev's could consider to give us a vote about the titlesystem in pvp.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Jul 29th, 2015 at 15:31:44.

Worth mentioning that if it's something to actually be done, this poll should be done in-game in a visible manner to all of the playerbase. There's a fairly huge amount of people that love this game and would love to be consulted on this kind of change that just don't use the forums at all. Blame the trolls.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

votepoll's on loginpage would be the dream about bigger changes to game.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Worth mentioning that if it's something to actually be done, this poll should be done in-game in a visible manner to all of the playerbase. There's a fairly huge amount of people that love this game and would love to be consulted on this kind of change that just don't use the forums at all. Blame the trolls.
    Yup this
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Changing pvp title system was one of the worst moves FC did, current system is a joke just one more thing to grind. They made pvp titles meaningless, I'm all for the bringing the old system back, sure even then there were some noobs grinding/farming it with on alts but most ppl earned it.

Bring the old system back, but have team titles and solo titles or something. And, the obvious thing is remove the AFK trick. If you're killed while AFK, you still lose your PVP points and the other person gains them. stop idiots from AFKing out of BS to protect their titles.... that was the stupidest thing I ever say in a game.

Well, if there was a change back to the old title system, I'd forsee people getting their friend to join the other side, and damage farm them before they were to engage in actual PvP to ensure no title loss.

If they old system were to be brought back, it would need to have an open loss/gain range, and not the 100 point range it used to have.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Back to the days of extreme BY hugging. Fun!
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Back to the days of extreme BY hugging. Fun!
    Better than the current xp based title which you could max in medsuit with enough patience ...

How about we come up with a new system instead of constantly whining about how the old broken system is better then the new and broken system?

Sure, do it. But then what, everyone would fear for their livez? And only gank whrn sure of win...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Sure, do it. But then what, everyone would fear for their livez? And only gank whrn sure of win...
    That's still mostly what happens today.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

People hide in by now to, doesnt matter.
    Old titlesytem were more fun since you were decreased titles if you playd bad and gained if you did well. How a system should work.
    As mentiond discussing it wont rly do much, i just wish funcom could let the people who actualy play deside on this topic by makeing a vote on login page.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Jul 30th, 2015 at 20:08:54.

To clarify i am all for old system. Since title reflected your pvp ability more than current, that reflects your farming skillz.

Maybe make a hybrid. But pvp title must reflect skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I'm all for it if your prevented from zoning into a 100% suppression zone while in combat. The previous lameness of BY hugging in Bor is not something to aspire to or remember fondly.

Oh better yet, if your in combat with someone and you enter a 100% suppression zone it counts as a forfeit/loss.
    Last edited by Krause; Jul 31st, 2015 at 00:37:52.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Would be nice with a block to meep if attacked by a player and zoneing.
    Becose nobady forces you to attack someone, that is 100% your own desition, and if you know that if you attack the person you cant zone, there is nothing to cry for either if you died.

I think the best way to do this is to have multiple options with the main system being a ranked system with insurance.

It's all handled with a salaried bounty system via the Unicorn Bounty Administrator. It works like this: You register with the Unicorn Bounty Administrator. You pay him 5m credits for each type of count you want, and in return he activates your PVP result counter which is a mission that is timed, and continually updates and updates upon termination.

The counter in the mission updates in a few different ways, it counts different things and provides you with a temporary title depending on how far advanced in a count you are:

1. Total kills during mission (times out after 30days)
    2. Total deaths and kills (times out after 30 days but never resets and counted together)
    3. Points based - gain/lost however the old system was (times out after 30 days, but point system is still active until you go back to the Unicorn Bounty Administrator)
    4. Encounters - which simply counts the number of people who attacked you then rates a title based on encounters (times out after 30 days and resets)

The title is kept for the duration of the mission, at which point it resets, and the mission updates to: Retrieve your bounty from the Bounty Boss (station him near the BS terminals), and he offers a range of items/rewards which vary depending on the rank you achieve in each count.

Examples:
    1. Total kills provides 1 clan/Omni token for each kill (5m bounty is returned if rank 3 is met, 20 kills)

2. Total kills/deaths provides both scaling VP packs and 1 4 hour XP stim per rank achieved up to rank 5 (5m bounty is returned if rank 3 is met 50 total death/kills)

3. Bounty boss takes a look at your rank, and says: well you did pretty well (here's your 5m activation fee back - only need to achieve rank 2 on this), would you like to get your current rank insured by the Unicorn Corporation? - there's a fee for that which scales with your PVP title (5m per rank/month) - and, they can only insure the next lowest title. If you opt to get your next lowest rank insured you get to hold that title, regardless of anything else, for the period you paid for (i.e. you can only go down one step, but can always go up).

This won't lock you out of participation but it will allow you to retain that next lowest rank or any rank above regardless of how well you fare in PVP over the subsequent months effort. The bonus on this though, and this is what makes it fun and competitive, is that you can't drop out of the PVP race entirely if you've opted to get your title insured; and you'll be giving up premium points to all opponents who kill you, in otherwords, if you opt to insure your title, you're going to:
    a. have a lot more people hunting you
    b. have a lot more opportunities for good PVP
    c. you won't lose those points
    d. if you play really well you can gain rank again at which point you can decide on whether to insure again
    e. this acts as a money sink for the guys who really want to hold on to their coveted PVP titles but you're going to be spending big bucks to insure it every month
    f. encourages re-subbing to retain your PVP title
    g. dudes who were hot stuff will have to re-prove their worth
    * the last thing here, so people don't lose their minds - ideally, your top "insured" rank is always held in reserve, so, if you leave game or whatever for a few years, then come back, you can re-buy the second highest rank you've ever achieved (as long as you insured it) for a scaling price (i.e. if you have achieved a level 10 rank, and you got level 9 insured (the highest rank insurable) it's going to cost you big bucks to re-buy that title but then you come back to game within spitting range of the top rank.

4. The survivor: 5m bounty cost is returned if rank 3 is achieved (50 or more opponents), and there are scaling/level relevant rewards of stacks of 100 stims/kits/FM's other consumables which help in battle

With a system like this, most casual players will look at the rewards and think sweet: the incentive is good, I can get some more VP just by doing what I normally do, plus XP stims are ftw. He signs up and now he's actually playing to win, but doesn't mind getting killed because it adds to his monthly quota, and hell, every kill/death means more VP at the end of it.

Seasoned PVPers will always be faced with a gamble: do I insure or do I roll on luck?

The guys who are really anal about their titles will always insure, and that will eliminate all the annoying aspects of the previous system, like guys AFKing out of BS and stuff like that, it'll eliminate a lot of the risk for a price and it'll mean that the truly hardcore PVPers will always be able to roll on luck+skill to keep themselves in the top echelons AND, even if they lose their top title to a insure-nub, they'll be easily able to get it back because they know he'll always have insured point for them.

The guys who want to hold and squeeze their top titles and never lose em? They'll have the option to pay, but it won't be cheap.

You need a tldr for that post. I couldn't bother on my phone.

I came here to point out as fun as old titles would be it would become the absurdity of hunting old titles used to be. People saving all of their perks in fear of not having dmg ready if someone shows up in title range.

I loved the old titles, but the way people went about protecting them made for some extremely selfish PvP. It least today just about anyone is game to get killed.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Tinypain View Post
    You need a tldr for that post. I couldn't bother on my phone.

I came here to point out as fun as old titles would be it would become the absurdity of hunting old titles used to be. People saving all of their perks in fear of not having dmg ready if someone shows up in title range.

I loved the old titles, but the way people went about protecting them made for some extremely selfish PvP. It least today just about anyone is game to get killed.
    People will zone just as much, we zone evrytime someone looks suspiscious on you.
    The zone blocking while flagged should be considerd, becose if you want to freaking zone then dont flag.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Jul 31st, 2015 at 13:28:45.

It's not so much the avoiding death that annoyed me. It was watching a bunch of players run around the b.s. ignoring everyone but one target within title range. People wouldn't help each other or engage in regular PvP. It was just this non-stop solo (or gank team) hunt. It was lame.

Once people just pvped to PvP again it was a lot better, no?
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast