Thread: PC Upgrade, but lost FPS!

PC Upgrade, but lost FPS!

Just upgraded, went from a trusty old I7 920D, 10gb of ram (3x2gb and 1x4gb) I've upgraded to a amd 9590 black edition, with 8gb of matching ram unlike before, same gpu 680gtx.. and went from windows 7 to windows 10, I run it in 1080 window mode, with everything turned to max, and now only get 29-30fps in borealis but used to get around 70fps... so basically my performance has halved with a better CPU, is this a windows 10 issue, or amd support for the new engine? ps I also have the lastest NVidia gfx.. anyone else have poor performance with the amd setup?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Do you have the latest nVidia drivers issued via the MS Update, or via the nVidia GeForce Experience tool ?
    They're different versions currently, and people have been having issues with the one that arrives via the MS update channel.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Do you have the latest nVidia drivers issued via the MS Update, or via the nVidia GeForce Experience tool ?
    They're different versions currently, and people have been having issues with the one that arrives via the MS update channel.
    Hello mate, I've downloaded them directly from the Nvidea site, the latest ones to support Windows 10, haven't tried any other games yet but when I get back in from work I'll be trying bf4 out to, has to be drivers or Windows 10 as I have the same gpu and the cpu is running 4.7ghz...
    Quote:

Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Legion84 View Post
    Hello mate, I've downloaded them directly from the Nvidea site, the latest ones to support Windows 10, haven't tried any other games yet but when I get back in from work I'll be trying bf4 out to, has to be drivers or Windows 10 as I have the same gpu and the cpu is running 4.7ghz...
    Can you check your temperatures on CPU and check if it's throttling under load? It's a rather common issue with high-end AMD cpus and one I've had before switching to liquid cooling.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Can you check your temperatures on CPU and check if it's throttling under load? It's a rather common issue with high-end AMD cpus and one I've had before switching to liquid cooling.
    hi mate, it's got a Phanteks PH-TC14PE heatsink and fan, it's like an ice box, cpu around 30-35c idle
    Quote:

hi mate, it's got a Phanteks PH-TC14PE heatsink and fan, it's like an ice box, cpu around 30-35c idle
    Okay so no throttling then! Not that AO should get you anywhere near full load anyway

I'm running it with good, solid FPS with W10 on my FX 8350 at 4.7GHz, GTX 780 and 16GB RAM.. so it's not an AMD CPU/NVIDIA GPU issue.

Latest drivers? NVIDIA control settings in full power mode?

I'll try to think of more stuff to check but it's really weird that you're losing FPS with the upgrade.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Yeah, should be pushing out more fps even if it's single core utilization as the old i7 isn't as good as the newer i7 vs mine... the power plan was on balanced, I've changed it to high performance will check and get back to you cheers Digitalbath

PS slight improvement but still terrible lol, 19fps in ICC and 30-60fps in Borealis :s

Here's the build lol...

http://postimg.org/image/dsb6gl9bv/

SPECS;

AMD 9590 Black Edition Stock 4.7GHZ, 8GB xms3 1333mhz, Asus crosshair V Formula Z, MSI 680GTX, Corsair 750watt CM, OCZ 480SSD (2x 500 sata HD) Phantek PH-TC14PE Heatsink and fans, Corsair carbide spec 03 Case.
    Last edited by Legion84; Jul 31st, 2015 at 21:07:56.
    Quote:

Could be the "one hot core" problem causing the system to throttle. it's common on intel and amd cpus, for similar reasons.

Download http://core-temp.en.lo4d.com/ and you can see how hot each core is running., rather than a system "meadian/average" it only take one running hot and it'll trottle bottlenecking the GPU
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Could be the "one hot core" problem causing the system to throttle. it's common on intel and amd cpus, for similar reasons.

Download http://core-temp.en.lo4d.com/ and you can see how hot each core is running., rather than a system "meadian/average" it only take one running hot and it'll trottle bottlenecking the GPU
    AMD CPU's only have one temperature sensor (The "package" sensor), so you won't be able to tell individual module/core temp to rule that out.
    The issue is more prevalent on Intel systems as it's due to their IHS's TIM. Afaik, it's rather rare (never heard of it happening myself) on AMD systems, especially on the flagship 8350 variants like the 9590.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I've been off the tech forums for a while.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

While in game, using the tool you linked, it's showing 40celcius :/ on all 8 core lol so no issues
    Quote:

While in game, using the tool you linked, it's showing 40celcius :/ on all 8 core lol so no issues
    Good to know, so ok scratch thermal throttling.. hum

Try downloading DX-SDK as win-7/8/10 don't have all their dx9.dll files (most new titles install any dx .dll's they need to the system when you install the title) though usually this causes the game not to run at all.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Good to know, so ok scratch thermal throttling.. hum

Try downloading DX-SDK as win-7/8/10 don't have all their dx9.dll files (most new titles install any dx .dll's they need to the system when you install the title) though usually this causes the game not to run at all.
    Thanks caloss, I'll give this a try when I get in from work tonight, makes sense in what you say, could be the fix!
    Quote: