Thread: Separate PvP from PvM

Separate PvP from PvM

I've played for years and I see a thread of crying, whining, and belly aching about "balance". But in my opinion the majority of this comes from PvP and for those of us who don't PvP, as I've seen over the years, it makes trying to build toons and play the game other than PvP a nightmare. My advy used to be my pride and rocked in the game, now i have to change shapes to throw certain nano's, why? if I'm "one with nature" and in that way mystic why can i not command monsters and "nature" without changing shape? I want to see PvP (which would include notum wars because you PvP) given it's own space or another words you have to choose playing the theme of AO or PvP and the two don't mix. Separate it into two paths of playing and end this insanity of "balance", give the folks who want to PvP what they need / want and those of us who want to play the game other than PvP the peace of mind not to listen to the whining and crying of PvP. Give me back my advy as one who communes with nature and out of PvP and the rest of my toons out of being nerf'ed because someone gripes about a 170 agent who kicked their 220 toon all over the place. Either take your arse whopping because you PvP or get out of it and play the rest of the game.
    STOP balancing, re-balancing, every year re-doing the offensive and defensive abilities of characters for the sake of PvP.
    That means expand the game so you want to PvP you've got battle station, you can PvP till you puke, notum wars and can raid each other till h_ll freezes over.
    GIVE those who could care less about PvP the missions and abilities with our characters to play PvM and quests and separate the two such as you are PvM declared you don't battle station or PvP.
    This could be such done as when you start a character you go to RK1 for playing the game or RK2 because the character you are building will be PvP.

Thanks

Unitedroid

Quote Originally Posted by freshmeat2 View Post
    as I've seen over the years, it makes trying to build toons and play the game other than PvP a nightmare.
    You can get any OFAB item without going into BS (it's certainly quicker to do BS). Towers, side XP bonus, and contracts can be had without your involvement. Tara loot can mostly be traded or had in the Collector instance.
    you have to choose playing the theme of AO or PvP and the two don't mix.
    Not so.
    someone gripes about a 170 agent who kicked their 220 toon all over the place.
    Doesn't happen.
    Either take your arse whopping because you PvP or get out of it and play the rest of the game.
    The two can, and have, existed almost exclusively for a while. There have been plenty of gripes about PvP balance, but you should see the next statement as to why it matters to people who are PvM only:
    STOP balancing, re-balancing, every year re-doing the offensive and defensive abilities of characters for the sake of PvP.
    For the sake of PvP balance and dynamics, for PvM challenge and dynamics, for avoiding a handful of optimal choices of breed/profession in either case.
    That means expand the game so you want to PvP you've got battle station, you can PvP till you puke, notum wars and can raid each other till h_ll freezes over.
    I don't understand why it is you would be forced to join in any of this.
    GIVE those who could care less about PvP the missions and abilities with our characters to play PvM and quests and separate the two such as you are PvM declared you don't battle station or PvP.This could be such done as when you start a character you go to RK1 for playing the game or RK2 because the character you are building will be PvP.
    What would a PvM server look like? No tower contracts/side XP/tower buffs, no OFAB, no Tarasque loot? Would all characters have access to all of their abilities at any time? Would it be only advies? This would fragment an already low population.
    Last edited by Waahash; Aug 2nd, 2015 at 21:24:19. Reason: Clarificationizing

#rekt

didnt read OP or first reply but it looks like it get demolished

Hell no make entire world 25%,.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I have to agree with 1 thing :
    220 pvp sux, yet FC tries to balance it and that makes things even worse
    I love TL5 and TL6 pvp and have some nice twinks in that range.
    220 pvp is something I hate with passion and any tries to ballance it does not work but at the same time nerfs/makes obsolete certain profs in pvm
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I have to agree with 1 thing :
    220 pvp sux, yet FC tries to balance it and that makes things even worse
    I love TL5 and TL6 pvp and have some nice twinks in that range.
    220 pvp is something I hate with passion and any tries to ballance it does not work but at the same time nerfs/makes obsolete certain profs in pvm
    Funcom killed tl 5 pvp thou and never lifted a finger to save it. the 207-214 twinks to be able to attack a low lev is just crazy.
    if you remeber before the 207-214 twinks came tl 5 kinda made bor overcrowded with pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    Funcom killed tl 5 pvp thou and never lifted a finger to save it. the 207-214 twinks to be able to attack a low lev is just crazy.
    if you remeber before the 207-214 twinks came tl 5 kinda made bor overcrowded with pvp
    I agree 100% but it is another problem and goes for all level ranges as there will be always some moron who will bring higher level char to fight lower level twinks.
    The only sollution would be to:
    1. Once any tower field is attacked there is an invisible wall coming up around it that prevents any characters outside level of that towerfield unable to enter it.
    2. Whenever you try to enter field that is under attack you go to "decontamination room" (same as inside BS) and all your OSB are deleted.
    3. When you first come to this "decontamination room" you have 5 minutes to buff, but you can leave earlier (if you want)
    4. When you die you are warped to "decontamination room" and have to wait 5 min before you can come back to tower field (maybe even 7-8 minutes, that would have to be tested)
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    220 pvp sux
    Too fast paced for you huh.

Why do so many players automatically associate "balance" with PVP? Balance in PVM is just as important, and unfortunately AO has had terrible PVM balance for a long, long time.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

I've played for years and I see a thread of crying, whining, and belly aching about "balance". But in my opinion the majority of this comes from PvP
    Yeah there's been absolutely no complaining when it comes to pvm balance, like enf-sold-doc-crat being the only four mandatory pvm professions while the rest are just there for the ride which has only been mentioned oh say a few thousand times on this forum. Didn't bother with the rest of your post.

Well, pvm balance is now arguably better than ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Well, pvm balance is now arguably better than ever.
    That's not saying much
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.