Thread: Update from the last 10 years pls

Update from the last 10 years pls

so its like 10 years ago when i started playin and i quit when LE came out. at this date keeper has been kinda good soloers for inf bosses and so on. at least thats what they said about keeper back then in the forums.
    had a 215 agent main and soloed a lot of that stuff with him but my keeper never grew big enought to do it, so i have no experience at all with soloing bosses as a keeper. got mine just to 203 or so....
    now i start playin again, with a new acc. want to raise my keeper as a main, since its a lot cheaper then agent and i rly loved my keeper...
    with the "new" stuff it should be even easier now to solo stuff as keeper right ? is alien city spawn doable as keeper ?
    can anyone pls tell me what in the game is doable and whats not. do ppl still see a good soloer in keeper ?
    is holy mark good for pvm at all ? i mean, does a keeper get enought evades to make em count vs big bad mobs ? i dont wanna pvp a lot i think .... from all that i have read meeles are not rly fun to pvp with... dunno.
    planning on farming pred then work my way to tier1. am lev 66 atm and not rly rich i have read here, that it should be possible to farm for pred with level 80+
    using temple wepons atm and after that the old guides say, that inner sanctum wepons are the go to way, if you cant affort an excalibur. for sure the first big thing that i will buy is this sword :-p but since then inner sanctum still ?
    the healing arua, i got it that way, that u can cast like 5 different auras with the first nano, depents on bm skill which one you cast, then u have to buy next nano for higher auras, right ?
    in which situation would it be usefull to use AAD / AAO , ward or dmg shield auras ? atm i just run AAD AAO, cause i can evade a lot in the early levels even without perks in evades, doing lot of rk missis for cash.
    cash , the next point. i just quitted playin shortly after the ingot nerf. now i see a few ways to make cash, rk missis, rk/adonis bosses (are the adonis dryades camped a lot nowdays?) or blitzing. do i miss some new stuff ?
    i would rly like to test the battlefiled pvp thing. but i am totaly gimped, running around in 79 carb and dont know if i would piss some ppl off or if its "ok" to play that with crap gear.

i think thats it ! :-)

thank you very much for reading and in advance for you answers

<edit> whoops forgot to ask about fury, i killed sooo many mahla ahns ? dunno atm who i actually killed, but the mobs that should drop it (what auno said). is it still ... uhm .... not so ..... just ..... not so great ? :-o i am clan and when i played it did rly low dmg, but still i would like to have it , since i am a lot on rk and its a button more to push, since keepers do not push a lot of buttons usually i guess . i hunted the mobs in nasc and in ely got like 10 or more shade nanos some trader nanos and so on but no fury didnt even find it in the player shop terminal.

<edit2> aaannnndddd i forgot to ask about a damage/heal dumper. i found like 2 on the forums here that looked interesting, but didnt get any of them working. what works for me is the auno damage dumper without healing and so on .... i can see who did how much damage, but thats it. is there any cool tool that records healing too and dpm and such and works with the current version of the game ? maybe i just didnt get one of them to work because i did somethin wrong.
    Last edited by Gnuuu; Aug 5th, 2015 at 23:47:32.

update from 10 years?

last 9/10 are pretty much moot point, since 18.7 changed a lot.

Bottom line: regarding toon, play what you like, it'll work, and you can make it work. Keeper is a highly valuable prof in PVM and mass PVP, but is performing average (that's fine) in duels/BS etc. there's nothing wrong with keepers atm period. they are very good.

fury nano? get it I think in one of the gardens might be in ely sanctuary or something like that.

Don't forget wrath (upgraded fury) - do the corporal Ashley winstead quest from 4 holes.

dumper? Try tinydump

Battlestation? Everyone is scrubs unless you're twinked. If you scrubbing it, just go after anyone who looks like a scrub and have some fun - but likely there won't be many BS's running until you hit 101-150. At that point, you can go in and get your ass handed to you until the cows come home. At 150 you can twink up and play decently and then it's more fun, but still will be hard. 150 twinks are very strong.

If you can't afford Excalibur use a panther/pained panther. Epic weapon for keeper from 80-150+ if you're continuing levelling get yourself a special edition kyr'ozch sword and as soon as you're into the SL levels start looking around for a 225-300 kyr'ozch type 112 (Ideally the more you got the better, and just slap on a new one once you get req's/got a trader in team).

have fun and welcome back.

thanks for the answers. sounds great :-)

Soooo what about 220? I'm in position now trying to decide between 2he or 2x Melee energy.

Farmed 1 WU, still doing ipande regularly for Pride, but already have components for sunset swords.

My goal is to make a well rounded sexy looking pvm soloer/teamer. PVP I will only do for BS daily and thats it.

As it stands I am wielding 259ql Excal at 213... It is greatly underperforming.

But people tell me go Pride of xan, its the best... blah blah.

Damage: 441-558(444)

vs

2x Damage: 300-350(500)

I guess melee damage is great since it syncs with perks, but dual dusks would bring me more procs, and keepers have decent procs.. also easy time sneak attack. not a bad thing at pvp at all... Duck Exp I dont even think for a moment is relevant anymore. Also faster attack speed 1/1 vs 1.4/1.4.

This then has a making of interesting comparison. 2he for posing at 12man, Melee energy for real pvm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Damage: 441-558(444)

vs

2x Damage: 300-350(500)

I guess melee damage is great since it syncs with perks, but dual dusks would bring me more procs, and keepers have decent procs.. also easy time sneak attack. not a bad thing at pvp at all... Duck Exp I dont even think for a moment is relevant anymore. Also faster attack speed 1/1 vs 1.4/1.4.

This then has a making of interesting comparison. 2he for posing at 12man, Melee energy for real pvm?
    I use 2he.

But I really don't think there's any value in it at endgame. ME got a huge boost. If I get a Wu or two and I can be bothered digging lightsabres out of the bank, I might do something about it, but as it stands, I'm really not that fussed.

Overall, i'd say ME probably outperforms 2he in PVP but slightly less in PVM, but that's just me.

The comparison for base damage should be

441-558(444) vs 46/36 *300-350(500)

(i.e. 36reg+10FA vs 30reg+10FA)

So:

min damage: 441 vs 383
    crit min 885 vs 939
    crit max 1002 vs 1086

Proc chance on sainted sanctifier is 19% at extra 1790 base damage gives you:
    36*0.19*1790 = 12243 vs
    46*0.19*1790 = 15645

proc chance doesn't do much.

one thing that's maybe a consideration is that with a 300 scope you're looking at being slightly under 1/1 with a pride even with ACDC unless you use a flurry of blows or something else adding a bit of melee init. Whereas, with dusk/dawn you'll be 1/2 almost no matter what.

I'm not really sure about the perks for melee energy, but I have noticed that the damage on transfix is pretty solid. Like, I am hitting some pretty beastly transfix damage, anywhere from 5k-8k with it, feels like a truck. Even on my 170 keeper I'm getting about 3k+ damage on it when I'm around 2k AR. Haven't really noticed any other perk damage that made me wake up and LOOK at it.

I am not sure about 1h.

With the new updated copy of excalibur u now have a sneak attack available for 2he.
    I know its a lot of swapping but combined with Supernova AS could be a viable Alpha in pvp.

The heavy perks are all in 2he-line Reaver but dont know, checking 2he vs 100% Clsc is not optimal.
    Probably u dont have a chance to land them vs moderate equipped ppl.

Guess pvm does not matter, go for the style u like!

Quote Originally Posted by Siro View Post
    I am not sure about 1h.

With the new updated copy of excalibur u now have a sneak attack available for 2he.
    I know its a lot of swapping but combined with Supernova AS could be a viable Alpha in pvp.

The heavy perks are all in 2he-line Reaver but dont know, checking 2he vs 100% Clsc is not optimal.
    Probably u dont have a chance to land them vs moderate equipped ppl.

Guess pvm does not matter, go for the style u like!
    Yeah ME checks are better for sure, but there isn't enough alpha, and hot swap to AS wold be very difficult, 2HE with new excel would be better, but like you say the checks aren't great vs 100%, but at least you can hot swap AS better, also you'll do more dps in pvm so if your a solo pvm player it will be better, or if you farm with the keeper.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

FC should just change the perks in this game to scale dmg vs evades. You can have then set legitimate boundaries where the only feasible way to gain some massive dmg advantage over another prof is to gimp your defenses to maximize your offense. This would force people into offensive/defensive/balanced setups depending on their playstyle and/or roll. You can still have a "minimum" req to land a perk, but make it lower than it is today for all perks and then scale the damage based on evade + aad of the target. This would also fix NR because you can scale the impact of a landed nano rather than all or nothing on pure luck.

People of course will complain about such an idea because then fixers and evade prof become perkable to everyone overnight, but it's a 2-way street. Just think about it before flipping out on the idea :P

edit: Just to add one thing. The reason why keepers got badly nerfed with damage had to do with the change introduced by capped hits negating reflect, while at the same time also nerfing SnD to a max of a capped hit in damage. So FC changed everyone who uses capping specials to land them through reflect pretty much at-will while nerfing our version of a capped hit via perk because it still checks reflect and was reduced to 30% instead of 40%. If you want to fix 2he you need to fix SnD. Remove the 30% cap on its damage and replace it with a "slow bleed" effect or something and let it hit for 40% again, but have it hit for 30% and then 2s later hit for another 10% or something.

Most people complain about perkability, but the real nerf to keepers was done when they introduced the change to reflect simultaneously with SnD nerf. Then they gave everyone and their mother 20k+ HP. Melee prof should NOT be looking to use AS as a requirement for an alpha.
    Last edited by Tinypain; Aug 13th, 2015 at 22:49:05.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Tinypain View Post
    FC should just change the perks in this game to scale dmg vs evades. You can have then set legitimate boundaries where the only feasible way to gain some massive dmg advantage over another prof is to gimp your defenses to maximize your offense. This would force people into offensive/defensive/balanced setups depending on their playstyle and/or roll. You can still have a "minimum" req to land a perk, but make it lower than it is today for all perks and then scale the damage based on evade + aad of the target. This would also fix NR because you can scale the impact of a landed nano rather than all or nothing on pure luck.

People of course will complain about such an idea because then fixers and evade prof become perkable to everyone overnight, but it's a 2-way street. Just think about it before flipping out on the idea :P

edit: Just to add one thing. The reason why keepers got badly nerfed with damage had to do with the change introduced by capped hits negating reflect, while at the same time also nerfing SnD to a max of a capped hit in damage. So FC changed everyone who uses capping specials to land them through reflect pretty much at-will while nerfing our version of a capped hit via perk because it still checks reflect and was reduced to 30% instead of 40%. If you want to fix 2he you need to fix SnD. Remove the 30% cap on its damage and replace it with a "slow bleed" effect or something and let it hit for 40% again, but have it hit for 30% and then 2s later hit for another 10% or something.

Most people complain about perkability, but the real nerf to keepers was done when they introduced the change to reflect simultaneously with SnD nerf. Then they gave everyone and their mother 20k+ HP. Melee prof should NOT be looking to use AS as a requirement for an alpha.
    Yes to all this.

I was thinking about this last night, in fact. Not exactly in these terms, but broadly about the off vs def thing.

Basically, the problem with evades right now is they are largely COMPLETELY ineffective right up to the point when they ARE effective. And this is garbage.

However, you have to give credit to FC (michi mostly, but even previous GD's) because instead of looking at evades from a defensive standpoint, they looked at them from the offensive standpoint - so, they adjusted perk checks to factor down evades essentially.

So you got roughly 4 tiers
    Lowest checks
    Overwhelming might: 100% 2hb vs 1% EC (from auno... no idea if outdated)
    Easy shot 100% shotgun vs 5% duck

Medium checks
    All AI perks (AAO x2)
    Pistol perks (80% checks)
    Some 2he/1He perks

Normal perks
    All 95%-100% perks (vast majority)

Difficult perks
    all 105%-120% perks (fewer)

The problem was that the scaling was absolute rubbish, and really is only partially completed even now, and simply lacks a consistent, well applied theme.

Years ago, I suggested the most obvious fix of all time, and, to some extent it's been applied, but it's not consistent across all profs by a long shot.

All I said was: make low damage perks have low checks and high damage perks have higher checks.

And that, in all honesty, should fix the vast majority of perk problems in AO AS LONG AS evasion and healing is properly balanced.

But, I think that it may not be enough, since healing has been ramped up considerably across the board - so then we might need a secondary adjustment that makes evades reduce damage slightly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Yes to all this.

I was thinking about this last night, in fact. Not exactly in these terms, but broadly about the off vs def thing.

Basically, the problem with evades right now is they are largely COMPLETELY ineffective right up to the point when they ARE effective. And this is garbage.

However, you have to give credit to FC (michi mostly, but even previous GD's) because instead of looking at evades from a defensive standpoint, they looked at them from the offensive standpoint - so, they adjusted perk checks to factor down evades essentially.

So you got roughly 4 tiers
    Lowest checks
    Overwhelming might: 100% 2hb vs 1% EC (from auno... no idea if outdated)
    Easy shot 100% shotgun vs 5% duck

Medium checks
    All AI perks (AAO x2)
    Pistol perks (80% checks)
    Some 2he/1He perks

Normal perks
    All 95%-100% perks (vast majority)

Difficult perks
    all 105%-120% perks (fewer)

The problem was that the scaling was absolute rubbish, and really is only partially completed even now, and simply lacks a consistent, well applied theme.

Years ago, I suggested the most obvious fix of all time, and, to some extent it's been applied, but it's not consistent across all profs by a long shot.

All I said was: make low damage perks have low checks and high damage perks have higher checks.

And that, in all honesty, should fix the vast majority of perk problems in AO AS LONG AS evasion and healing is properly balanced.

But, I think that it may not be enough, since healing has been ramped up considerably across the board - so then we might need a secondary adjustment that makes evades reduce damage slightly as well.
    Good point at the end there with low gets low, high gets high for checks. I happened to roll a new keeper the other day and couldn't help but notice the new ambient nanos that scale from the start up area well into several hundred nano skills later on during the players leveling. Essentially the same technique could be applied to perks and nanos to help provide proper scale. But the low/low and high/high thing would work too. I just think people are forced down this path of all-or-nothing when it comes to defense or offense. Why not implement a scale system so players can then choose how much offense or defense they really want?
    Storm

The only way of making this work is to revamp how perk landing works. Out with the old binary hit/miss mode into a probability based calculation ... like all other attacks in AO.
    I see no chance for that happening, but that's really the only way of this mess.
    SC of Kvestakolal - Join us if you can spell it correctly
    * Mechanuf - 220 Multi-Purpose Combat Engineer
    * Hormonuf - 220 Healmonkey
    * Hackuf - 217 Phix
    * ... loads of other *ufs and *nufs

whichever route they choose if any to balance the game, it should be for 1v1, then everything else will fall into place..
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Legion84 View Post
    whichever route they choose if any to balance the game, it should be for 1v1, then everything else will fall into place..
    Problem with that is there are too many professions with vastly different tool sets to safely compete 1v1. If you took away ONLY perks from every profession in the game right now I think everything would be pretty fair...though pet classes might actually be OP then If they made high end perk damage/benefits accessible to only those people willing to twink for it (by today's standards) it would let them scale back the obsurdity that the perk unbalancing does to this game while still keep them in the game and usable.

You'd probably end up going back to everyone being trox for MR and heavily defensive setups, but it would still be better than what is today.
    Storm

ooo this game is alive kinda still?

Really tempted to sub for a month to see what's up. Convince me guys

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    Convince me guys
    Funcom needs the monies.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

to Tsuniko

gimme a try ^^

i found a nice guild with 5 or more ppl online most of the time. they do what they can to help me get my stuff and all.
    community still is the best around i guess if u ask for buff in ooc ppl will log their alts just to buff ya... plus havent seen one guy yet with bad manners.

dunno when u stopped , but for me it was like (quitted when le came out, so never experienced that) i had so much to do in the game so much to experience ~ i didnt even ment to level quick, but now i am 151 researches were nearly all capped at 150 (cause i didnt want to outlevel stuff that i can do :-) ), so my levels just came by playin and enjoying the game.

looking forward to get some levels now, since from 150 i remember a lot of ado hecks had to die before i could do some fun stuff again back then ~ but i think going high in level isnt that pain anymore :-o

still wondering how well keepers are at soloing inf dynas.... atm i solo a lot of stuff very well

hope that u give it a try and enjoy, just as i did :-)