Thread: Subway - Pvp Enabled Bull

Subway - Pvp Enabled Bull

I Just bought the one year subscription, came back into the game ready to start anew. Started in the newbie zone, had some fun, met some new friends, moved onto the subway.

First few days in the subway were great re-living the good old days.

The next few days, not so much fun. I take it my aoe skills are triggering othe pvp enable characters, which makes me pvp enabled? or I heal one of my teammates who is enabled and then some twink comes out of nowhere and slays us all?

I come here to play some pvm with friends and in return I get killed over and over, day after day, by twinks that get no benefit to killing us except for griefing new players.

I have a couple of friends that don't even want to return because of this, sadly I don't have the same choice with my one year subscription.

I don't see why this is in-game or let alone in newcomers dungeons. There's plenty of places in this game to pvp, why are we subjecting new players free or paid to put up with this when it probably leads to them quitting soon after.

Thanks for hearing me out,
    Nate

the flags are insanely stupid right now.

No question about it.

Hey there.

Mongo and other AoE aggressive abilities are a big no-no around flagged targets. It's been like that for a long, long time and there's little chance of it changing anytime soon.
    Subway, ToTW and similar are places where there's always a twink messing about.. sometimes just farming, sometimes looking for non-twinks to beat up.

Don't engage the flagged player, tell your friends not to engage either and everyone will be safe.
    Otherwise twink up the team a bit, get ncu, buffs and big weapons on and give the twink a proper beating. Numbers do count and team vs 1 should be good.

EDIT: Do agree with McKnuckle, the system is a bit aged/flawed. Was just trying to help on how to prevent your bad experience caused by it.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

So this is actually a serious issue that is relevant across the entirety of the game - not just in the Subway.

The flag system is fine as a basis for PvP. It clearly marks who and who isn't a willing participant in PvP combat. With that in mind, FC needs to address the idea of where they actually want PvP to occur. I can see a few steps being necessary to really nail this system down so that it works as intended.

- First off, give all players an opt-out option in the F10 options menu for PvP. When this option is ticked (As it should be by default for new characters), players cannot use any AoE combat abilities, nor heal or buff a player who is flagged. An error message should be reported to the player when they attempt such actions with the option ticked.

- Secondly, flags should NOT be allowed to be brought into instanced areas of any variety. Backyards, stores, dungeons - what have you. If it isn't part of the main overworld then zoning should be prohibited by the game when a user has PvP flags on. Places like Tara would obviously be exempt from this, being both a main PvP playfield AND an uninstanced area.

- Being flagged because you mongo'd / AoE nuked while doing PvE should NOT be considered a breach of your rights as a player. The opt-out system ensures that you are taking a knowing risk when using these tools with combatants around. This includes combatants who are concealed (Sneaking)! Ganking outside tanks and kiters is a time honored tradition of this game, one which generates memorable stories.
    Raise your hand \o if you want to pay lots of attention to Veebz!

Imo, it should work like this:

If you want to heal a flagged player, you need to be flagged urself and u only get flagged by attacking someone/something.
    These "contageous" flags are stupid. Always were and always will be.

I said this when they changed them. Sux sometimes to be right all the time !

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    Imo, it should work like this:

If you want to heal a flagged player, you need to be flagged urself and u only get flagged by attacking someone/something.
    These "contageous" flags are stupid. Always were and always will be.

I said this when they changed them. Sux sometimes to be right all the time !
    This is such an obvious solution.

It sucks to be right all the time if people don't give you proper accreditation for the idea.

Good job on coming up with the right answer. Now lets get it fixed in game. Michi made a decent start with mongo not flagging players, but that, honestly, isn't even scratching the surface.

The big one, the BIG one that I want fixed which is probably the most annoying thing in the history of everything is bio rejuv. how retarded is it to be rezzing and popping your heals on CD to get healed up and they flag you... like, seriously.

Offensive auras like DMW or DVP.. ya, I get it, it's annoying, but it's not mind blowingly retarded. But Bio rejuve... jesus, just kill me already.