Thread: 150 soldiers

150 soldiers

How are soldiers looking at the lvl150 range. Specifically for s10?

This still a good setup?

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=118445

Would be teaming with someone so not worried as much about solo survivability.
    Morine 220 Shade
    Zeus84 150/18/5 Sold

can you get that SMG on and keep it out of OE?

If yes, looks good. But I reckon 1200 Full auto seems steep.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    can you get that SMG on and keep it out of OE?If yes, looks good. But I reckon 1200 Full auto seems steep.
    I'm guessing he meant MK3 Hawk. Hawk's FA recharge is nearly 4 years, but the Jobe pistol should be pretty quick. So, there's really no point to using the MK5 Hawk. Otherwise, that setup looks like it'd be pretty fun.

I used to use a 150 trox soldier with SPB for S10 stuff. He wasn't great by any means, but worked out ok, overall. That was before the changes to OMHH, so he could pretty much survive forever on his own against a few regular s10 mobs.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

I've seen 150 soldiers dominate in s10 against the spawnable bosses especially with HoTs.
    setup looks good! run it and let us know how it goes!
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

I meant the hawk5. It's possible to keep out of oe. It's an older setup that I've seen people run.
    Morine 220 Shade
    Zeus84 150/18/5 Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Thor84 View Post
    I meant the hawk5. It's possible to keep out of oe. It's an older setup that I've seen people run.
    Where is the sense in using two Full Auto weapons? FA will be mainhand, afaik - so coming from the Jobe pistol. Choosing something with Fling and Burst would be better, imho.

KD

Quote Originally Posted by Cratbureau View Post
    Where is the sense in using two Full Auto weapons? FA will be mainhand, afaik - so coming from the Jobe pistol. Choosing something with Fling and Burst would be better, imho.

KD
    slightly higher min and max on mk 5
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

I took another look myself. (I really shouldn't post when I'm too tired :S)

That FA req looks really easy. My lazy leveling soldier has over 800 at lvl 125 unbuffed, in Lux armor. I'd say the FA req on the Hawk is going to be easy enough that it's totally irrelevant, justifying that higher damage range.

The weapon setup is kind of tempting even for my leveling toon, actually. I might give it a shot myself.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

I used a similar setup with more points into FA (Kaehler Sleeves, Compagnero, Soldiers Ring of Focus, Mantidae Prothorax, Ranged Weapons Guide, Full Auto implant) for a faster FA recharge. You will lose some smg skill but you don't need it to hit aliens.
    Angler - Level 220/30 Adventurer - RK 3-> RK 1 -> RK - PVP Equip - DMG Equip

1200 FA is very easy to reach. My 150 soldier has 1380 ish if I remember correctly. He's at 14seconds CD on Jobe pistol
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

I farmed s10 quite effectively with a blinded blackbird and a jobe pistol in offhand for the fa. Don't expect big FAs but you can def cap the recharge making dmg out put quite impressive. With new heals soldier can tank with a secondary healer and solo big groups of aliens if nukers are taken out. I tried spb as well but over all dog was lower because of the cap requirements in specials. I used hawk for pvp with one handed since everything was self equipable and stun perk is just too much fun at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    1200 FA is very easy to reach. My 150 soldier has 1380 ish if I remember correctly. He's at 14seconds CD on Jobe pistol
    mind posting a setup of ur 14 sec 150 soldier?

Also anyone able to tell me how much burst is needed to cap the 200 hawk mk3 ?

Should be 1k Burst according to AOitems.com
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by kilawatt View Post
    mind posting a setup of ur 14 sec 150 soldier?

Also anyone able to tell me how much burst is needed to cap the 200 hawk mk3 ?
    I don't have a saved equip config on auno unfortunately. But the basic 225 cc, ranger cloak, Speed guides, 230-240 ish imps, eoe. He was solitus, so I reckon you can push at least 13s if you are Atrox with higher cc and more stamina/str trickle.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

456 Strength / Stamina on a 150 Solitus.
    465 Strength / 460 Stamina on a 150 Atrox.
    You won't be gaining much on the trickle.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I'd get fullauto imps for r-arm(if not getting hawk oe)/waist, possibly 1 Igoc and Rbp if you can afford, and a range increaser for hud1. Dchest is prolly worth it, lotsa energy dmg vs fa.
    Last edited by Nomad; Jul 21st, 2016 at 05:19:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I'd get fullauto imps for r-arm(if not getting hawk oe)/waist, possibly 1 Igoc and Rbp if you can afford, and a range increaser for hud1. Dchest is prolly worth it, lotsa energy dmg vs fa.
    The only slot I would use a imp on is the right wrist, unless you are going for refined to try and get the 14sec fa, my solja Is loving it in s10 can survive most things with ease and can burst down groups of 6-7 without tms. What I would say is worth looking at is hd and ac's. both can make a big difference in soloing.
    Still wondering why a range thing in hud1?

Quote Originally Posted by kilawatt View Post
    Still wondering why a range thing in hud1?
    JPGPP only has a 20M range. With the movement predictor you'll bump that up to 30M giving you some extra range to burst down the target(s) before they get to you.
    Also handy if you're going to do some PvP too.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    JPGPP only has a 20M range. With the movement predictor you'll bump that up to 30M giving you some extra range to burst down the target(s) before they get to you.
    Also handy if you're going to do some PvP too.
    Tbh in s10 20m is more then enough range, stick a ac's hud in slot 1 or a + damage, and for pvp you really wont need it that much either, well i haven't.