Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Economy is low in ao, we need ways to earn credits.

Economy is low in ao, we need ways to earn credits.

Economy is low in ao, the devs made cred sinks etc and it worked out. but there is no ways in ao now to earn Creds to buy stuff with.
    I dont think the dev's realy know how big the issue is starting to get soon and they kinda force desprate people to go to illigal sites.
    If funcom wants to kill those sites it be nice with some ways to earn a smal amount of creds.
    The illigal sites, specialy 1 is running bots in ot-occ spaming to buy up all your creds, a way to earn creds for the players would wreck those sites hard.

This example would make people want to make more alts, and on top of it contribute to have a more stable economy since there is no random factors by completeing a inf mish.
    Inf mish easy 5m pr mish completed
    Inf mish hard 10m pr mish completed

RK daily 1m pr mish
    Ai daily 1m pr mish

This is just an example on how we could do this as a start.
    I am sure there is better ways but i wanted to kick it off.
    I belive something has to be done about the economy very soon.

That would inflate the economy too much.

Would be better to lower the prices that they put on some of the items that they added for credit sinks. For instance, some of the QL300 Clusters are 400m+ phew. Just seems a bit high to me. Possibly drop clusters and such a percentage. Otherwise I think there are alot of ways to make credits but the credit sinks are just a bit high.

In my personal opinion, they need to decrease droprates and re-add nodrop tags, alot of rarities are now dropping like candies, that drops prices, makes it harder to earn, everything being shopbuyable, for the rich, no problem, because they buy to avoid wasting time
    And I would still prefer to go back to oldschool citys with shops so we can stop this instant drop of prices, 1 day an item is worth 50million, the next day it has been udnercut so much that it is only 500k
    The buying and reselling will also be harder with city's being harder to get to etc etc
    the introduction of GMI and the changes in droprates and yesdrop changes, are the biggest reason why the market is going up and down so badly these days

Instead of spending creds to equip toons, people spend money on power leveling. A perfect example is Reactive armor prices dipping under 1m credits. That is decent armor for TL5 toons but so many people neglect to gear up (in anything other than +xp gear) that it is really difficult to move once desirable equipment.

FC would prefer that the best way to make money is for everyone to purchase GRACE items and sell them on the GMI. Only the most exotic items are worth farming at this point. They have no incentive to help players earn credits in game when players are willing to buy GRACE and similar items to equip their toons.

I love the low prices... Can buy anything now, easy and cheap, and always there are items worth farming...

In my experirnce things that people like to avoid cost big bucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Oh well, in 2-3 mounths i can tell you ''i told you so''
    Ao has never been cheaper, but also never been harder for the people with no stored up creds.
    If a item costs 20m, how is the person gonna get 20m? where is the credits he can get such from? yes he has to farm something and sell it, becose he cant farm credits anywere, he has to farm a item and trade the 20m to him from the old economy wich is running out. We traded with the old economy for years becose people quit and the creds has been pased on.
    Evrything is based on items, wich means your stuck when there is barly creds to recycle betweeen players since the cred sinks like full perk reset, gmi fee, high value stims etc eats up the old stored up economy people had.
    I also had my fun with the low prices here, but i aint that selfish to only think of myself to abuse this.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Aug 15th, 2015 at 01:52:53.

I just shop-food the crap out of things now. Lots of common but somewhat useful / valuable items are now no longer worth wasting the GMI slot on.

It is absolutely a buyer's market at the moment. People are ruthless with undercutting prices on GMI. I think some people are doing it for spite it so ridiculous.

bring back ingots!

I saw this comming some time ago and decided to level a trader and max comp lit for buying/selling.
    I used to roll a lot of RK missions with my fixer and calm / open chest with my Crat.

In the past I only looted valuable items that I could sell to other players directly or on GMI now I always have plenty of empty backpacks and also loot all armour, weapons, rings and gems. Then I transfer those backpacks to my trader and sell it to trader shop. On average I get between 2.5m and 3.5m per backpack.

SL pearls when cut and sold to trader shop (with 2.8k complit) give at least 1m credits each, so full backpack of cut SL pearls give on average about 25m credits.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I saw this comming some time ago and decided to level a trader and max comp lit for buying/selling.
    I used to roll a lot of RK missions with my fixer and calm / open chest with my Crat.

In the past I only looted valuable items that I could sell to other players directly or on GMI now I always have plenty of empty backpacks and also loot all armour, weapons, rings and gems. Then I transfer those backpacks to my trader and sell it to trader shop. On average I get between 2.5m and 3.5m per backpack.

SL pearls when cut and sold to trader shop (with 2.8k complit) give at least 1m credits each, so full backpack of cut SL pearls give on average about 25m credits.
    Stop giving away vital profession secrets!
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Dats the point, because player economy is so cheap... now NPC economy becomes relevant.

Any dyna you kill is 1M worth of body lewt when shopflooded to trader shop. Inferno missions round 10 -15 pearls each so thats 10-15m each mission!!! so while you level you get credits, whatever you kill givs credits... just start picking them up.

Before it was liek 1M omg not gonna pick that up.. now its omg 1M! can buy 10% of notum infuser with dat pearl!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Dats the point, because player economy is so cheap... now NPC economy becomes relevant.

Any dyna you kill is 1M worth of body lewt when shopflooded to trader shop. Inferno missions round 10 -15 pearls each so thats 10-15m each mission!!! so while you level you get credits, whatever you kill givs credits... just start picking them up.

Before it was liek 1M omg not gonna pick that up.. now its omg 1M! can buy 10% of notum infuser with dat pearl!!!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    this.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Btw, newbies dont have problem with economy... They come to me "Yo Tina, can you cut and sell some pearly please :*:*" And I sell for them boom 25 mil while leveling wooho they are happy. And then they go buy stuff... not lootrights we raid those in org...

Offcorse us veterans are all.. OMG what are we gonna farm? WU is 5-15M, symbiants are 3-5M.. wat to do wat to do... omg omg! economy is broken!

so i asume u guide all new guys to loot pearls ?
    or are u blind to see that they dont know or have the opertunity to get such unless they go straight for high levles insted of getting the chanse to explore the content wich will be rather boring for them with no missions/ways to earn creds.
    if ao is gonna go on steam i doubt you gonna have time to guide evry single new guy to your pearls and cut for em.
    it was to much you you you, and thats what i talk about, try think futher than yourself and what you can do.

I'll have to agree with Cratertina/Caloss2 here. The economy is overall BETTER for newcomers.

Want to pay for a city? Cut pearls/process monster parts (there's other stuff you can do but this is the most simple/well known). Both newbies and vets can do this for the most part.. and it may cause a bit more bonding between them, too.

There are still some farmable items with decent value, mind you. But it's great that the majority of prices went down. Credits have more meaning!!
    It may get harder on us old vets who were used to getting our cities paid for almost a year with a single supple drop.. but that was something that was never truly right and came from the dozens (more?) billion creds to come from old bugs in the game, to which ingots were a tiny inflation amount by comparison..

While leveling your alts, save all the pearls and monster parts (you can get them as soon as you get to SL, pretty much). Are you used to Kite Hill? Then accept that paying creds for leveling + losing revenue from not leveling yourself makes for a bigger loss than it used to. It's only fair..
    Froobs can do the above with mission loot, for the most part. Though I have very little experience with froobs and would like it if someone else would chime in on this.

Disclaimer: I was never rich in this game nor aimed to be.. but I sure have fun playing it and have, mostly through farming, achieved endgame setups on many of my 220's. I hope newbies can have the same experience or better, with new content coming along.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Aug 15th, 2015 at 21:50:22.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

I tell people, everything you pickup you can sell. lame armors.. shopflood, pearls shopflood, nanos, gmi.

In olden days i told them.. dont bother with shopflooding just find out what rich players wanna buy. And make a farming toon and sell that.

But S10 prices imploded, high level stuff is multiboxed hence prices droped... and DB3 is very newbie unfriendly. So now i tell people to grab and try to sell anything they can. And I do the same.

Also most important lesson... when you want an item go get it, chances are you will get items you dont want aswell. Sell those items...

@ Digital : On the Topic of Froob Mishes :

Teach them how to use Clicksaver and blitz , even if no Player is buying you can blitz Battle-Suits /Creation-Weapon-Nanos/Cyberarmor-Breastplate as Shopfood

@ Le-Quak : On Tpoic of Pearls

You can find Pearls in Nascence/Elysium/Scheol/Adonis in easy to reach Dungeons if you actually explore the Zones a bit .
    Too Bad that most Players sent/drag the Newbies straight to the Leveling Hotspots instead of acting like a Tourist Guide... " See that Dungeon on your left , it has greenish Mobs which are okay Exp if you cant get a Team and sometimes you can grab a Weird Looking Nano from a Crate , oh btw collect those Pearls they make great Shopfood ".
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

An orgmate and I leveled some froobs just for fun. We ended up with at least one Grid Armor disk and QL 100 howlet by just doing froob content. The toons themselves were cheap, costing us only shop nanos and implants. Overall, they worked out being profitable without even trying.

It's not impossible to make credits, you just have to try a bit harder. Shopfooding works for most credit needs, but if you want big ticket items, you're gonna have to look harder now.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

shopfood becoming relevant again = economy getting healthier.

It means people will have to adapt to make money from interaction with the game rather than camping one dyna over and over and hoping for the 100m+ item to sell on GMI.

Prices will drop when people realise that nobody can afford the 1bil+ prices on GMI and the grind to get to those levels of credits with shopfooding becomes more doable.

Why couldn't this have happened 5 years ago

I gues i will wish the new guy good luck on the prices of stims, imps, clusters, maybe a perk rs etc. they never gonna get faar with this.
    You guys are day dreaming about the pearls vs the prices devs set. 400m for a cluster you will end up dreaming about the pearls once you farmed enough for 1 single cluster.
    Also when the cluster is bought the 400m is no more, its not there to be recycled becose you bought it from the vendor wich means poof gone.
    You think the new guy can farm heal delta cluster by himself? if you farm 2-3 houers nonstop each day you problabe get 3-4 heal delta clusters each year in avrege.
    Or you suggest he can join db3 etc and farm loot and sell it for creds? if so what creds do we talk about soon? becose soon there is no more creds and if evryone gonna farm the pearls and sell em you dream big.
    But ok i give up, i can live a few years on what i got stored up of items/creds on alts, but i doubt many are this lucky, specialy the new guy.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Aug 16th, 2015 at 01:17:34.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast