Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Economy is low in ao, we need ways to earn credits.

One way you can make money easily enough is via empty implants. Shop prices are so stupid you can undercut them and sell via GMI pretty easy. A lot of those are freebies anyways from missions. Also, I have started searching buy orders only and making a list of crap that is worth a couple of million+ to someone that might drop in a mission. Usually it is just some nano. Pop it in CS and fulfill the order if it hits as I am rolling items I actually want. I don't make much this way, but you will sometimes hit a buy order for a pretty easy to roll nano worth 5m or so.

Still, overall the economy is just getting really interesting. A lot of items that used to go into the market are now more practical as shopfood. No one really cares about common dyna drops like nova dillon (unless it is at a perfect ql break point for twinks or something) or other buffing armors. Nanos will be mercilessly undercut unless very rare. Buffing weapons at perfect ql can sell but there are also a lot of people like myself that have backpacks of them so they are very subject to being priced obscenely low.

Whatever, I have fun. I find a way to get what I want for the most part, just takes longer now. I am not sure how an actual new player might be effected by this reallly. I have not heard much wailing of gnashing of teeth yet in OOC. I imagine solo city farmers are suffering the most.

Also I've seen a video recently where Caloss2 starts a crat froob from scratch, his inv is full of those nano+health regen packs at all different qls and those were all dropped by mobs and such.

One of the things I really like about most modern MMOs is how you can pretty much ignore the player economy if you want to.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

I don't think that people could go to outside "illegal" sites due to the fact that FC put a cap on prices. Funcom basically said Grace is worth 15 US$. grace is at like 280m and from what I heard credit sellers have no creds to compete with that. FC took care of that. Thumbs up for FC taking care of business.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by Tyfowler View Post
    I don't think that people could go to outside "illegal" sites due to the fact that FC put a cap on prices. Funcom basically said Grace is worth 15 US$. grace is at like 280m and from what I heard credit sellers have no creds to compete with that. FC took care of that. Thumbs up for FC taking care of business.
    I love this part...

I always said back in da day for funcom to simply undersell credit sellers... and stomp em in to the ground. And they did, excellent!

But really ALL content gives you some form of credits. Med packs are no problem. For example my 217 keeper, still has supply from subway/totw. And i wasn't farming them, just picked them up while doing dailies there.

As for who really needs ql300 heal delta implants? ql200 do most of the job, ql300 is for people who need an edge in pvp. Sure great to have when maxing out. But for a newbie? Yeah right. They dont need it, just like crats dont need rare tapes to be good.

No piece of gear that is essential to one's profession right now is overpriced.

Endgame weapons, 5-10M, WU 5-20M. ql300 armor you can get by doing bs daily and simply buying it with your own VP, db armor 5-15m a piece, HHAB, + Lava boots 65M, those are numbers attainable while leveling in inferno missions farming pearls... doing bs daily 3x per day 101-200 and 215+...

Not any newbie can farm tnh, beast, db3, wu.. aka old sources of income. But ANYONE at appropriate level can farm inferno missions, static dungeons, rk missions, rk dynas,...

Each RK dyna 200+ is round 1 mil credits in shopflood, + 5-35M rare nanos on them.

Each RK mission is a small goldmine sure 5-10M per mission is not much.. or atleast wasnt in 2014, but in 2015 5-10M gets you essential stuff you need.

Stuff on GMI you need is now 1-10M a piece, before it used to be 25M, so credits basically are 3x easier to make.

Even expensive stuff, before supple was 1400M now its sub 300M. CM armor ql300 is 100m a piece. mid tier lead bots 10-40m a piece... You can farm yourself in to pretty decent gear. Where as before that was 3-4x harder.

And news flash old style of generating income still works. Selling Lootrights is still profitable, just 3x less so. Because lootrights are based on credits people have. If someone buys grace now they dont get 1 bilion credits... they get 300M. so they cannot pay 150M for some item anymore they pay 50M.

So one can conclude, economy in AO is finaly working, different forms of income balanced, really important endgame gear easy to obtain. Mid level gear is cheap as dirt. You can get symbiant set(Disclaimer 80% of symbiants, not entire set) cheaper than you can make 200 implant set.

At Any level you can survive of your character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12