Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NT Testing / Feedback requested for latest patch on Testlive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    When it's available; even at this price, I call upon the wealthy NTs out there to invest in the next generation by buying it; maybe even for strangers - if they seem like they have merit as an NT.
    Well, show me a wealthy one and I'll ask him :P

But, on a more serious note...

I asked Michi if he'd reduce the price or make a lesser version that's super cheap. The benefits are really aimed at leveling NT's, and how literally none are leveling anywhere but kite hill. Having such a thing would be one more slight reason to actually play, as opposed to begging someone to OST for you.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great we can nuke down 200+ mobs at once or kite things 3 times our level, but it would be great if there was an alternative. Actually being part of a legit team, and not dying if a mob farts in your direction would be nice. Especially when you consider nukes like IEF that add taunt, and usually do attract the mobs attention.

I also asked about Garuk's, so we'll see what the deal is there when he gets back to me.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Sure, make a cheap version of NS that last a few secs (10 maybe?) and that has a nanorecharge (not cooldown) of about that time as well so you can't cast nanos while it lasts, good solution
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I was thinking maybe 15 seconds, with 5ish recharge and a longer line cooldown than regular NS. This would give a good opportunity to refresh absorbs and hit a stim, mostly. Very little window for offense.

It would be good, not great. But exactly what you'd need to survive if aggro went all wrong, and a heckler decides the little fireball-shooting NT looks like lunch. Been there, done that! :P
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

What about proper endgame AOE nuke?

In past it was done to avoid powerleveling, but now dailies handle levels.

Why not give some improvement on ol VE, that is best AoE from lvl 70ish to 220.

For me being able to kill entire wave of lvl 215-220 adds fast, like 600k dpm fast would make NT a very good damage dealer for say ipande, apfs...

Maybe improve Mb cataclysm and remove reflect piercers. Convert entire line for massive AoE damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    What about proper endgame AOE nuke?

In past it was done to avoid powerleveling, but now dailies handle levels.

Why not give some improvement on ol VE, that is best AoE from lvl 70ish to 220.

For me being able to kill entire wave of lvl 215-220 adds fast, like 600k dpm fast would make NT a very good damage dealer for say ipande, apfs...

Maybe improve Mb cataclysm and remove reflect piercers. Convert entire line for massive AoE damage.
    I haven't forgotten about other nukes, and we might be seeing some non-AOE flavored ones in the near future...

AOE's are not on my immediate list of stuff, but they're on there somewhere.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Making tactical nukes obsolete is a very bad change, please reconsider. They shouldnt share same cd.

Just curious, why does delayed share cd with double and not with giva? To me it would make more sense to have it share cd with giva.. because as it's now it'll be a big nerf to lower levels that can't use giva.. which otherwise would balance them out more..

Quote Originally Posted by fevaxium View Post
    Making tactical nukes obsolete is a very bad change, please reconsider. They shouldnt share same cd.
    Digitalbath has contacted Michi about that already. Give them some time to work that out, and we'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Solams View Post
    Just curious, why does delayed share cd with double and not with giva? To me it would make more sense to have it share cd with giva.. because as it's now it'll be a big nerf to lower levels that can't use giva.. which otherwise would balance them out more..
    Those "non-AOE flavored ones" should even that problem out, as they are targeted toward lower level NT's.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

This may be off topic but I wish therere were some less powerful nukes usable without cyberdeck for high levels who wanna try using pistols

Quote Originally Posted by fevaxium View Post
    This may be off topic but I wish therere were some less powerful nukes usable without cyberdeck for high levels who wanna try using pistols
    Vinkera can probably fill you in with more detail and/or correct me but currently the general direction of things is to get the "conventional" deck+nukes NT working properly across all level ranges. Alternative setups will have to, at least for now, be on hold.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Solams View Post
    A very valid question. The long-term intention is to add more GIVA-style nukes for NTs of other level ranges. I would like for Delayed nukes and Doubles to have slightly different applications, having the NT determine when would be best to use the appropriate one, instead of always being able to use them together. It isn't my intention to make either of these nano lines obsolete.

Some last-minute adjustments to what is currently on Testlive will be arriving this week, hopefully, pending QA's schedule. While I do not expect these changes to address all of the concerns brought to me, it should bend things a little more towards where they should be. Stay tuned!
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

A very valid question. The long-term intention is to add more GIVA-style nukes for NTs of other level ranges. I would like for Delayed nukes and Doubles to have slightly different applications, having the NT determine when would be best to use the appropriate one, instead of always being able to use them together. It isn't my intention to make either of these nano lines obsolete.

Some last-minute adjustments to what is currently on Testlive will be arriving this week, hopefully, pending QA's schedule. While I do not expect these changes to address all of the concerns brought to me, it should bend things a little more towards where they should be. Stay tuned!
    This... will be awesome
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    This... will be awesome
    As you have a TL3 NT twink I'm sure you have thought of this, but by way of reminder I genuinely hope that you will keep in mind the nanoskill requirements for these new GIVA style nukes and ensure that the current nano reqs for top damage nanos that people have twinked for are taken into consideration.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    As you have a TL3 NT twink I'm sure you have thought of this, but by way of reminder I genuinely hope that you will keep in mind the nanoskill requirements for these new GIVA style nukes and ensure that the current nano reqs for top damage nanos that people have twinked for are taken into consideration.
    I've actually done that nearly 5 months ago.

I designed my recommendations around existing nukes, and gear I'd expect at certain levels. The reqs start of a bit easy but get much more aggressive with higher versions. That is intentional, as most current requirements are far too easy to achieve for their given level lock.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Well those changes are in line with what I was inspecting/hoping for, but the only diffrence is that I expected the delayed being in line with giva-style. So that you have a choices between a big hit or a delayed medium hit with pierce reflect. Looking forward to what you have in mind

There's another revision on test.

GIVA is back to 10 seconds. Should be exactly the same as it is on Live now.

NS price has been reduced:

Nano Crystal (Nullity Sphere)
    Rarity: Exotic
    Quality level: 90
    Price: 5,250,000

One more "0" off that would be nice, but this is much harder to complain about now :P

Tac Nuke has a 5 second line cooldown.

Pierce Reflect has been tweaked on Doubles. Looks like Rockdizzle already found a problem with it, however.

If anyone's had a chance to fool around, please let us know any questions / comments / concerns.

Thanks!
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Assuming Double will rip reflects when it's patched, it seems to play no role in regular DD now, regardless of target reflects. Timing IU with Tac is more damage above 40% reflects, and Tac/IU spam is more damage below 40% reflects. Timing Tac with IU is more damage per cast-locked time in any situation.
    Double's role seems to be following Tac+(IU,GIVA) for spike damage. This is the role of the old triple.

The proposed changes are now a net damage increase in all situations I can think of. Don't think that's needed.

The tac/garuk/double damage for high reflect is over 3s instead of live 1s. Not sure what effect this will have.

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    The proposed changes are now a net damage increase in all situations I can think of. Don't think that's needed.
    Except alpha damage, which is lower / slower to execute. However you want to look at it.

Docs, at least, would appear to be a problem now.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Tac+IU and Tac+GIVA through reflects are nice but not enough to give up NS2.
    Given Doubles and Tactical are on the same line but Tac is on a shorter cooldown I fail to see a reason to use Double given it won't allow IU or GIVA to Pierce Reflect with it.
    The previous iteration made Tac almost useless. This one makes Doubles almost useless.

The 2nd Double not Piercing Reflect and having such a delay makes it so that, pending further testing, I'd consider just dropping the use of Offensive Focus should this patch hit live. It's just not worth it with these changes.
    I've tested extensively with a full damage setup on Testlive vs. a Doc just spamming BI non-stop (no timing involved, no perks used, 24k HP on the doc) and no combination can get close to killing it. This was WITHOUT reflects. If you add reflects to the mix the doc can just have a laugh.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

PvM wise damage increase is needed... Badly.. Gif please...

Pvp wise... damage nerf is needed... Baddly.. Taketh please...

Hard to balance the two at same time.

Also keep in mind Doubles are better in lowbie pvp, while at endgame Doubles might aswell become obsolete...
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast