Thread: My Suggestions!

My Suggestions!

Hi all!

Newish to the games and new to the forums (other than lurking).

These are the things I think we could do to revitalize the game. I will start with easy things and work our way up to things that I think would be quite sweeping and require the Funcom CEO to get behind.

1. Reopen the Subway entrances across RK. Keep all of the instances linked to encourage teaming but allow people to enter from everywhere. Otherwise add a "closed" sign to the outside of shut down entrances. I've seen several people asking why they can't get into the subway.

2. I appreciate all of the hard work that was put into the new starting area, but I would be lying if I said I didn't miss the Island area. It would be nice to see it re-purposed and re-built as a place to hang out.

3. Allow players to purchase advertisement time on the "Interactive Billboards". Rather than having a solid sign displaying Dreadloch items, it would allow players to put up a pre-selected picture and offer their Tradeskill services, farming help, or org recruitment.

4. Allow OOC chat to be worldwide, or add an additional OOC that is worldwide. It's hard enough to find groups and some systems (Neutnet) don't allow casual talk/LFT advertisements unless you're the one setting up the group.

5. While I understand it is a resource to be fought over, it would be nice to have an instanced version of Tara that players could run or a Clan and an Omni version. I might be biased with this one as I really want an Aura Magnifier as a Clan MA.

6. Allow GRACE keys to reactivate accounts.

7. *kicks dead horse* Lower subscription fee to 12.50 or 10 dollars. Every reason has already been stated, but I understand the FC position, but they need to really take into consideration the players.

8. Updated textures. Specifically for player models but the entire game could use a rework.

9. Give power back to the GMs and ARK. Let them run events. Run weekly, bi-weekly, or even monthly events. Breath life back into your game. Love it as much as the playerbase does.

I had more, but the Forums logged me out and it only restored half of my post.

---------------------Updated 8/25----------------------------------

New suggestions added:

10. Allow people to more easily clear out their mailbox by deleting multiple messages at a time.

11. Add an "Org Bank" in an Org City. Rather than having "Org Mules" which have shared account information allow an org bank with permissions (similar to WoW) with item logs for who takes what.

12. Put a fresh coat of paint on apartments (free). The paid ones are pretty, but the free ones are quite literally holes in the wall.

12.1 Add collision for all housing items. It might be tricky, but would give it a more "real" feel.

12.2 Add more housing items.

Would love your feedback and criticism. I tried to keep this about quality of life for all players, not just one class/faction.

EDIT: Fixed a few typos

EDIT2: Added additional content
    Last edited by myabi55; Aug 25th, 2015 at 15:57:27.
    Malope - 220/23 Opifex MA, working on research. Maltra - 150/5 Trader.

Quote Originally Posted by myabi55 View Post
    3. Allow players to purchase advertisement time on the "Interactive Billboards". Rather than having a solid sign displaying Dreadloch items, it would allow players to put up a pre-selected picture and offer their Tradeskill severs, farming help, or org recruitment.
    I love this idea!

Also

Newish to the games and new to the forums (other than lurking).

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post

Haha, only been around/active for several months now, but still have a LOT to learn.

Thanks for your feedback!

1. Reopen the Subway entrances across RK. Keep all of the instances linked to encourage teaming but allow people to enter from everywhere. Otherwise add a "closed" sign to the outside of shut down entrances. I've seen several people asking why they can't get into the subway.
    Like it. It could even go into having different zone-in areas depending on where you zoned in from, provided it was reworked, while still being attached to the same instance.
    3. Allow players to purchase advertisement time on the "Interactive Billboards". Rather than having a solid sign displaying Dreadloch items, it would allow players to put up a pre-selected picture and offer their Tradeskill services, farming help, or org recruitment.
    Cool idea. I kicked around the idea in a FwM many moons ago to promote the game subscriptions using the video screens. The specifics of it was in the style of the campy and cheesy style Federal Network propaganda videos from Starship Troopers (the movie). This mostly means promoting AI, but given how AO has taken to sourcing materials from the community, this would probably be a pet project of someone for a while, and for various facets of the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijvTiDnWJLE
    4. Allow OOC chat to be worldwide, or add an additional OOC that is worldwide. It's hard enough to find groups and some systems (Neutnet) don't allow casual talk/LFT advertisements unless you're the one setting up the group.
    Yes.
    5. While I understand it is a resource to be fought over, it would be nice to have an instanced version of Tara that players could run or a Clan and an Omni version. I might be biased with this one as I really want an Aura Magnifier as a Clan MA.
    Not for it.
    Last edited by Waahash; Aug 23rd, 2015 at 03:58:46.