Thread: Trader needs tips for engame

Trader needs tips for engame

Hello,

I've upgraded my froob trader to full exp and want to use him as a dd'er using dual PDKP's for PVM.

What i want to know is symbs to use in every slot to push dd.
    Also i am interested in what perks to use.

I would appreciate if a nice skilled trader can help me.

Thanks.

hud util: vts/ellts, sniper friend, nano deck, acdc, calc's.
    armor: cc, gaunt pad + goc, erbp, db chest, alba crit ring.
    symbs: inferno quest L arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitev1 View Post
    Hello,

I've upgraded my froob trader to full exp and want to use him as a dd'er using dual PDKP's for PVM.

What i want to know is symbs to use in every slot to push dd.
    Also i am interested in what perks to use.

I would appreciate if a nice skilled trader can help me.

Thanks.
    Hi Hitev1,

Sorry about not getting back to you on this sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Solams View Post
    hud util: vts/ellts, sniper friend, nano deck, acdc, calc's.
    armor: cc, gaunt pad + goc, erbp, db chest, alba crit ring.
    symbs: inferno quest L arm.
    This setup will not get you anywhere with Dual PDKPs. A pure Crit build is largely beaten by a +DMG one the moment you start Dual/Triple wielding. PDKPs benefit from a capped Burst/Fling cycle and only Fling has a chance to Crit, so aiming for +DMG is going to benefit you a lot more for both Burst AND Accumulator 10 (which scales off +Melee).

Coupled with the fact we already get a ludicrous amount of Crit increase from IS and CP, which is a theoretical 60%.

Symbs-wise you'll want to run Support/Control in all slots except the ones which give you Shotgun, this is because Support/Control Symbs give a larger Evade and Nanoskill bonus over their Artillery cousins.

For Perks with a PDKP (assuming AI30) you'll want to run

Acc 10
    Volunteer 10
    Distil Life 10
    Shotgun Mastery 10
    Alch 6/Tink4 or Nano Doc 5/Power Up 5
    CoLA 10
    CoNC 10

Hope this helps.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Symbs-wise you'll want to run Support/Control in all slots except the ones which give you Shotgun, this is because Support/Control Symbs give a larger Evade and Nanoskill bonus over their Artillery cousins.
    I could be wrong, but I've never considered any Support symbiants to be better then a Control and Artilery combination.

Artilery Right arm, right hand and right wrist is what I would consider..

About the eye, for PvM I'd think control is better then artilery, you dont need Aimedshot in PvM, but another thing to consider is maybe a top end EOE for the crit mod.

Its unclear from the bottom part of your post, what setup you are advocationg, since only MA triple weilds.
    For a MA trader it might be plausable to use Support symbs, but I dont see why a PDKP trader would..
    Since he wont triple weild, crit might benefit more ?

Same goes for CC armor, I see why a MA trader would go for it in some spots, but I'd never put it on a shotgun trader..

Open to replies.

Quote Originally Posted by norge93 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I've never considered any Support symbiants to be better then a Control and Artilery combination.

Artilery Right arm, right hand and right wrist is what I would consider..

About the eye, for PvM I'd think control is better then artilery, you dont need Aimedshot in PvM, but another thing to consider is maybe a top end EOE for the crit mod.

Its unclear from the bottom part of your post, what setup you are advocationg, since only MA triple weilds.
    For a MA trader it might be plausable to use Support symbs, but I dont see why a PDKP trader would..
    Since he wont triple weild, crit might benefit more ?

Same goes for CC armor, I see why a MA trader would go for it in some spots, but I'd never put it on a shotgun trader..

Open to replies.
    Support/Control tend to be fairly close on the Defence & Nanoskill front, more so than Artillery, which is why I suggested them. Whether one is better than the other is irrelevant as either can fill the spot better than an Artillery symb in most cases.

+DMG > Crit on any Trader that has 2 or more attack bars for reasons already stated.

Also what has my equip got to do with anything?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I fail to see the logic why would +DMG get better than crit when dual wielding.

When you have a single weapon equipped, you do 30 hits per minute.
    When you have two weapons equipped, you do 40 hits per minute.

With a single weapon you get increased crit chance 30 times perminute.
    With two weapons you get increased crit chance 40 times per minute.

That's 33% increase in effectiveness of your crit chance stat.

With a single weapon you apply the +ADD DMG 30 times per minute.
    With two weapons you apply the +ADD DMG 40 times per minute.

That's 33% increase in effectiveness of your +ADD DMG stat.

I'm not saying +ADD DMG isn't better, just pointing out it doesn't matter if youre single/dual/tripple wielding.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxizor View Post
    I fail to see the logic why would +DMG get better than crit when dual wielding.

When you have a single weapon equipped, you do 30 hits per minute.
    When you have two weapons equipped, you do 40 hits per minute.

With a single weapon you get increased crit chance 30 times perminute.
    With two weapons you get increased crit chance 40 times per minute.

That's 33% increase in effectiveness of your crit chance stat.

With a single weapon you apply the +ADD DMG 30 times per minute.
    With two weapons you apply the +ADD DMG 40 times per minute.

That's 33% increase in effectiveness of your +ADD DMG stat.

I'm not saying +ADD DMG isn't better, just pointing out it doesn't matter if youre single/dual/tripple wielding.
    One Word: Accumulator.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

What DPM would you expect from a PDKP trader, both solo and in a team?

Quote Originally Posted by prezzin View Post
    What DPM would you expect from a PDKP trader, both solo and in a team?
    It pulls slightly ahead of MA in terms of DPM, not by a massive margin, but it has the advantage of being natively supported by our Symbs, Perks and Research whilst also being at range.

Coupled with the fact it's easy on the IP too with the Burst/Fling Shot being immediately capped.

It's overall the best Trader setup currently for raw DPM. MA pulls slightly ahead in the survivability department due to the 3 Bar Accumulator synergy.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    It pulls slightly ahead of MA in terms of DPM, not by a massive margin, but it has the advantage of being natively supported by our Symbs, Perks and Research whilst also being at range.

Coupled with the fact it's easy on the IP too with the Burst/Fling Shot being immediately capped.

It's overall the best Trader setup currently for raw DPM. MA pulls slightly ahead in the survivability department due to the 3 Bar Accumulator synergy.
    That only applies when you intend to be taken hits.. Shotgun got the snare proc that helps more with survivability imo.

In cc, and effective crit rate of 100 my pdkps do close to 270k dpm. When all appropriate drains are running. It very easily drops to 180k when partially slacking.

My greed of xan same gear did 175kish... So major improvement. Because of fling and burst happen so often, so do procs. I feel its better to MA setup in every way... Especially considering my trader does same dd as my MA.

Overall good damage. But for damagewhore like myself anything bellow 300k is unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch