Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What agent are you these days?

What agent are you these days?

Hi guys

Just wondering what agents are playing these days? Not collecting any date or anything, just wondering. For myself I can say that my 170 agent is retired, at least until level ranges in NW gets fixed. Currently leveling a 200 agent, and equipping a 150 agent. I see a lot of people whine about 220 agents in BS, sadly I've had too much work in university to try myself, are the rumors true?

Dark
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

200 agent that I use to gank 220s and level 200 nts/agents that tend to think they're God's gift... Gotta knock em down a notch or two once in awhile :>
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

170 agent is what I'm currently recommending to all my orgmates.

Not sure what the problem with levels you're referring to re: NW.. but solo 170 agent is probably the only toon lower than 200 that can gank a MB head and disable it on 85-90% of attempts.

If you want a defence machine... it's a 170 agent, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    170 agent is what I'm currently recommending to all my orgmates.

Not sure what the problem with levels you're referring to re: NW.. but solo 170 agent is probably the only toon lower than 200 that can gank a MB head and disable it on 85-90% of attempts.

If you want a defence machine... it's a 170 agent, hands down.
    205+ groups with 220 docs as backup, great fun.
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    205+ groups with 220 docs as backup, great fun.
    and that happens when?

Rummors are True! I am a complete fail at pvp... yet i get kills on agent no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

220 Agent semi-retired in favor of Engi for PvM as PvP doesn't run often in US West timezone (once had a spree of 4 days straight without a single round of BS running).

Agent sure is good at killing now, but I maintain that they are the true glass cannon profession now. Has a chance to kill anyone, has a chance to be killed by anyone.
    I think balanced/slightly more defensive setup is the way to go now over pure AR.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I'm leveling one now, and it's just absurdly easy.

With the FP's I'm using, I'm pretty much a Doc, DD, and enf at the same time. MP pets + Enf HP buffs = I'm literally my own team in one toon.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    I'm leveling one now, and it's just absurdly easy.

With the FP's I'm using, I'm pretty much a Doc, DD, and enf at the same time. MP pets + Enf HP buffs = I'm literally my own team in one toon.
    Yeah it's quite nice, if only you could repeatedly AS monsters without having to re-sneak.

Retired on both Tiny and Nano...all title levels agent is pretty OP at the moment.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Tinypain View Post
    Retired on both Tiny and Nano...all title levels agent is pretty OP at the moment.
    Agreed 100%
    It is hard (for most professions) to beat an agent 1vs1 on BS as 90% of cowards wait untill you start capping a point before unleashing their alpha.
    What is even worse is a team of 2 or 3 agents doing it together...

I deleted my agent long time ago and I've sworn to never roll Agent again. I do not like their OP toolset and sneaking/ganking part of their playstyle.
    Unfortunatelly Agent is usually top choice for any spoilt kid, mentaly retarded ppl, and ppl who can not cope with RL life and use their agents on BS as sort of psycho therapy ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

PM me 150 NM setup, or post here for that matter

Even in PVM, I'd have to agree from my experience so far.

My agent was soloing the devourers near P7 in Ely at level 45... In Lux armor... With ql 100 implants... Not kiting... He effortlessly tanked them in enf mode, even though his miss rate was pretty high (they were more than twice his level at the time).

I'm enjoying playing him so far, but he's undeniably OP.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Agreed 100%
    It is hard (for most professions) to beat an agent 1vs1 on BS as 90% of cowards wait untill you start capping a point before unleashing their alpha.
    What is even worse is a team of 2 or 3 agents doing it together...

I deleted my agent long time ago and I've sworn to never roll Agent again. I do not like their OP toolset and sneaking/ganking part of their playstyle.
    Unfortunatelly Agent is usually top choice for any spoilt kid, mentaly retarded ppl, and ppl who can not cope with RL life and use their agents on BS as sort of psycho therapy ...
    The last part of your message seems a bit harsh
    I agree that the gank playstyle is not somethign I like but then again, most fights nowadays, be it agent or otherwise, is all meant for gank purposes, which is not what pvp shoudl be
    However, i woudl LOVE it if they re-introduce 'player x vanished' or 'player x tried to hide but failed' etc, at least then you can sometimes get a sense of when someone is sneaking at a certain spot in bs or anywhere for that matter, never understood why they removed that
    But its true, even gimp agents get kills, also, the low recharge on AS and the easy way to cap it, fix that and it already changes a bit (preferably on all weapons, especially all the onehander nabs)

Don't get me wrong...agents are still worth playing, but the way the toolset transformed after balance made TL4+ agents in pvm a borefest and basically equivalent to traders in terms of dominance at those respective TL's for PvP. At TL7 the agent profession is purely laughable at how OP we are right now when played by someone that knows what they are doing.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Don't get me wrong...agents are still worth playing, but the way the toolset transformed after balance made TL4+ agents in pvm a borefest and basically equivalent to traders in terms of dominance at those respective TL's for PvP. At TL7 the agent profession is purely laughable at how OP we are right now when played by someone that knows what they are doing.
    Well maybe because it is summer time and there isnt a lot of pvper around :X I playing agent since they introduced the new patch and well when you have good pvper in front of you it is another game to survive (even with kiting!)
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Remember Traders with 100% reflects, or
    Crats with pretty much perma stun
    and D-Shark Soldiers when they first came out?

If you can figure out keybind in the right order, you win. They need to be toned downed a lil bit at TL7.

What is the right keybind order?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    What is the right keybind order?
    not down playing the good agents, cause there is some beasts left that will fight like a mofo, but i have a 220/30/70 agent and just rearranging my perk bars i can pop outta sneak and wax someone with pressing 1,2,3 and they go insta

Quote Originally Posted by Gastly View Post
    i have a 220/30/70 agent and just rearranging my perk bars i can pop outta sneak and wax someone with pressing 1,2,3 and they go insta
    Is it fun?
    Do you thing that makes you great pvper?
    [selfcensored more questions in order not to get more infraction points]
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast