Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make an Official Policy on MBing

Consider to change my forumname from Gone to Back or something
    Gone

Nothign has changed, MB's still dominating

i can totally agree grande, theyre still using gamehacks for assist and now it even get more worse because normal player cant assist and kill the MB. When we start high towerpvp it really was fun because fights last longer, people all lose little bit hp and it really was cool. After some time the MB's appear and if you look into the raid single play insta die without a chance to heal them while other not even get a hit. So Funcom, maybe some GM want to join in the next tower offense and have a closer look into it! But i can guess what they will say or do...^^

Quote Originally Posted by Joulie View Post
    i can totally agree grande, theyre still using gamehacks for assist and now it even get more worse because normal player cant assist and kill the MB. When we start high towerpvp it really was fun because fights last longer, people all lose little bit hp and it really was cool. After some time the MB's appear and if you look into the raid single play insta die without a chance to heal them while other not even get a hit. So Funcom, maybe some GM want to join in the next tower offense and have a closer look into it! But i can guess what they will say or do...^^
    Remember they can actually do it without any form of assist at all, no gamehacks, etc. They just pre-target the desired people before attacking/appearing (from stealth or outside gas or w/e).
    Easy and reliable.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Remember they can actually do it without any form of assist at all, no gamehacks, etc. They just pre-target the desired people before attacking/appearing (from stealth or outside gas or w/e).
    Easy and reliable.
    But thats not how they did it when they came after my toon, they were warped in and literally, in an instant, I was killed, no time for pretargeting

They could do it like that for one person, or assist tower/pet for one person, but they than have to manually target tower/pets again for assist and so on. When i looked into my raid interface players fall like every few seconds insta, so maybe they are realy fast with 5+ accs or they use hack, you can choose which one is more likely...^^ the fact that other dont get any damage assures me that the hack posibility combined with the alpha speed with that people die is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by grandefiasco View Post
    But thats not how they did it when they came after my toon, they were warped in and literally, in an instant, I was killed, no time for pretargeting
    Not saying otherwise. There MAY be non-hacky ways of still preserving assist though. Still, report and see what FC does. THAT is what counts here.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by Senlee View Post
    Legit use of multiboxing does not use 3rd party tools.
    Pretty sure it does though.

Here's an example of how another game (EVE Online) stopped multiboxing from affecting the game:

Input Broadcasting and Input Multiplexing of actions with consequences in the EVE universe, are prohibited and will be policed in the same manner as Input Automation.

This includes, but isn’t limited to:

• Activation and control of ships and modules
    • Navigation and movement within the EVE universe
    • Movement of assets and items within the EVE universe
    • Interaction with other characters

So all we have to do to replicate this is:

Activation of perks, specials and begin attack are prohibited from being broadcasted/multiplexed
    removal of /follow when a player is in 25% or lower gas and/or flagged
    interaction with NPCs as well (clicking chat options)

I used my multibox in PVP the other day.

It was cool. I fought using the toon (head of snake). I got team heals, and auras and all the OSB's I desired from my little trailer trash party.

It was a reasonable benefit of paying for 6 accounts.

10/10 would do it again.

The trick is to put as many team boosts on your alts as you can, so I was using stuff like:

team heals
    team hots
    IHM
    reflects
    blockers
    heal aura
    sphere
    insight
    ward
    bio rejuv

It was great! the guy I was fighting with was OSB'd to the tits, and he had reasonably good offense and defence, but nothing game breaking - heck, nothing even remotely unkillable. And if he died I alt tabbed to another toon that was still alive and fought with that one.

I liked it. it felt very reasonable. many of my toons died in a team fight and it was kinda exactly how I expected it to go.

no complaints here. and when each of my accoutns start to drop offline cuz they aren't paid, I'll use what I have and when it gets down to one toon remaining... good times, less work to do for upkeep!

i would break it down liek this.
    2 alts start attacking at the same time. how can we check if this is multiboxing?

the questions we ask are. Are the alts from the same IP? Did they attack at the same time?

would first need to create a field in the database for tracking IP. ok that parts easy.
    next would need to validate they are attacking at the same time. Since attacks are not exactly syncronized, we will use a range of 1/2 a second.

If alts from IP are attacking a player within 1/2 a second. create a log entry.

why is something like this so difficult?
    In todays world of development, there are many standards adopted within programming communities. one of the challenges these standards help solve is scalability.
    also im not sure what type of datastructures the language ao is coded in supports. I would have to create another DB that would have a list of alts with similar ip's in an array. Then every attack started would have to validate against that array of ip's. Just these few added checks multiply the complexity and i think it will break it. the code is prolly spagetti. and prolly has no refactoring. I now see what macrosun was talking about.
    ELI5= code was written in dark ages. if you make small change to something core like attacking, it will break everything like cascading effect.
    Last edited by Soju; Oct 3rd, 2015 at 17:09:06.

Aye ban multiplexing and its done... Then proof by video and swift banns. That is the best technological solution I can come up with. If serves would try to detect it.... omg I can only imagine teh drama and server load...

Video in GM's hands "AHA i see it, yes 6 toons, all starting attack exact same time, following single charzer, aha.. and owned by same person... aha.. and used for pvp? Aha.. whop bann."

If its a policy of baning multiboxing, then this is how it should be done. I am greatly against all server checks against this, because servers are unstable enough as it is and I rather see devs bring new content and fix old content. Let GM's handle multiboxing.

Also what is again with clans shifting tower hot times again? Come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

It's time to bring AO in Steam... no multibox and no aohm.exe cheats are possible. And it will be nice if we can get rotating Towertimes (no longer shifiting towerfields).

But Funcom dont do anything - Let's see if Funcom can survive - they are near the bankrupt - 65% Chance for it (https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/)
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12