Thread: Im a noob, not Froob

Im a noob, not Froob

So after several days of froob island, and picking 2 classes i want to play. My question is? Who can i team with, Who wants someone who know not a damn thing? Who would want to teach me the ropes of the Adventurer, and meta physicist?

Even though that Shadowland glove thing you get on a nano tech is OP for grinding easy lvls, i find myself getting my ass handed to me in areas my adventurer did not.

not to mention, that i got that skill pack thing that give you your first lot of nanos. and they have both def self, and off. mobs, perks....and they tossed like 6 at me at one time...and i was like WTF!!!!!

SOOO!? any takers? ive been reading more than playing..and alot of what i see goes WOOSH over me....and i see things like this. SL MP RL IS TM FR GP and have no idea what that means.

oh if this helps.

Ultima online phantasy star <--depending on who you ask
    WoW D&D online---used to do pen and paper
    Archeage warhammer
    EvE online lord of the rings
    Grand Fantasy
    SWTOR
    SWG
    Neverwinter
    Everquest
    Matrix Online

this is my MMO resume..along with many others FTP and Paid ones.
    Last edited by MorzanZeaterman; Sep 6th, 2015 at 00:53:31.

if you're getting aggroed by 6 mobs, you may need to "body pull" or get an aggression enhancer (40m range, doesn't allow "social" aggro).

body pull means get in range of mob then as soon as you see it aggro you, back up rapidly so it can't hit you until it's out of range of it's buddies.

for NT, (the one with the glove), use absorb shield before you pull a mob.

Also, for NT, you can "kite" which means get 1 or more mobs running after you, then run run run and nuke... run run run nuke, run run run nuke. until they die, you can do this at later levels with an AREA nuke, and kill 10-50 mobs in one "kite" for huge XP.

SL=shadowlands
    MP = Meta physicist
    RL=real life
    IS= Inner sanctum
    TM = team mates I think
    FR = French?
    GP = games played? lol never seen this in AO.
    NT = nano technician
    NW= notum wars
    BS = battlestation
    Rez= in the resurrection time, all skills debuffed for a few minutes.

Those are the most common global acronyms.

FG = feline grace (+25 agi)
    Behe = essence of behemoth (+27 stam/27 str, 1k HP)
    NS = Neuronal Stimulator (+23 int/psych)
    ES= 15 sense
    SFA = superior first aid (+80 treat/first aid)

These are the most common buffs you will need to equip stuff like implants and armour.

CT = composite teachings (+25 all nanoskills)
    CM = comp masteries (+50 all nanoskills) -if lowby
    CI = comp infuse (+90 all nanoskills)
    CM= comp mochams (+140 all nanoskills) if high level
    MOP = +11 crit boost
    RI = reduce interia 120 evades
    QU = quantum uncertainty 110 evades
    Web = 24% nano cost (MP)
    PNH = Personal Notum harvester
    IOR = 28% nano cost (NT)
    Omni-med = 1k HP+small hot
    GSF = grid space freedom +720 runspeed+78 evades
    HoT = Heal over time (HnQ = hack and quack, which is best long hot available)
    Fgrid = Fixer grid, a fixer can give you a thingy which allows you into the fixer grid which which has a lot more exits than the regular grid. (you can't go back into the fgrid once you exit)

These are pre-combat buffs that will help you t some extent in combat.

Hope that helps!

Athen Paladins is happy to help you level and grow.. at least you can ask questions and stuff in org chat without fear of reprisal.

google us and apply online!

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    if you're getting aggroed by 6 mobs, you may need to "body pull" or get an aggression enhancer (40m range, doesn't allow "social" aggro).

body pull means get in range of mob then as soon as you see it aggro you, back up rapidly so it can't hit you until it's out of range of it's buddies.

for NT, (the one with the glove), use absorb shield before you pull a mob.

Also, for NT, you can "kite" which means get 1 or more mobs running after you, then run run run and nuke... run run run nuke, run run run nuke. until they die, you can do this at later levels with an AREA nuke, and kill 10-50 mobs in one "kite" for huge XP.

SL=shadowlands
    MP = Meta physicist
    RL=real life
    IS= Inner sanctum
    TM = team mates I think
    FR = French?
    GP = games played? lol never seen this in AO.
    NT = nano technician
    NW= notum wars
    BS = battlestation
    Rez= in the resurrection time, all skills debuffed for a few minutes.

Those are the most common global acronyms.

FG = feline grace (+25 agi)
    Behe = essence of behemoth (+27 stam/27 str, 1k HP)
    NS = Neuronal Stimulator (+23 int/psych)
    ES= 15 sense
    SFA = superior first aid (+80 treat/first aid)

These are the most common buffs you will need to equip stuff like implants and armour.

CT = composite teachings (+25 all nanoskills)
    CM = comp masteries (+50 all nanoskills) -if lowby
    CI = comp infuse (+90 all nanoskills)
    CM= comp mochams (+140 all nanoskills) if high level
    MOP = +11 crit boost
    RI = reduce interia 120 evades
    QU = quantum uncertainty 110 evades
    Web = 24% nano cost (MP)
    PNH = Personal Notum harvester
    IOR = 28% nano cost (NT)
    Omni-med = 1k HP+small hot
    GSF = grid space freedom +720 runspeed+78 evades
    HoT = Heal over time (HnQ = hack and quack, which is best long hot available)
    Fgrid = Fixer grid, a fixer can give you a thingy which allows you into the fixer grid which which has a lot more exits than the regular grid. (you can't go back into the fgrid once you exit)

These are pre-combat buffs that will help you t some extent in combat.

Hope that helps!
    i really thank you so much for the time that you put into this. i have never in all my time in forums seen such a reply to help me, like this. THANK YOU so appreciated.

If you're really new to the game, Adventurer is a great choice. MP, not bad either.

I wouldn't recommend NT. Ironic, but true.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

To be honest, I think the most n00b-friendly prof in AO are docs. You have one job and one only: healing. And you don't need to be über at it, as long as your heals are up to date along with your healing skills (BM [Biological Metamorphosis] and MM [Matter Metamorphosis]). Little by little you'll grow into a good doc and you'll learn other profession's toolset (simply put because any member of a team should, at certain point, know what their team mates are doing wrong).

To add some more acronyms to the list:

AI = Alien Invasion
    LoX = Legacy of the Xan

IC = Iron Circle (high +20 Strength+Stamina buff, doctor's)

RC = Riot Control (high Burst buff, soldier's)
    OS = Offensive Steamroller (high initiative buff, soldier's)
    AT = Automatic Targeting (high AddAllOffensive buff, soldier's)
    PM = Could either be Psycological Modifications or Pistol Mastery (Soldier/Crat/Doc)

UA = Unexpected Attack (High Rifle buff, agent's)
    TTS = Take the Shot (high Aimed Shot buff, agent's)

HE = Humidity Extractor (lower version of PNH, which is the highest one but has diferent name than lower ones, Nano Tech)
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Doc is awful for soloing though, would not recommend as first character (and yes there will be a LOT of solo in this game, very low population atm)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    Doc is awful for soloing though, would not recommend as first character (and yes there will be a LOT of solo in this game, very low population atm)
    Well even after years of MMO playing, ive never broken the chain of NEVER PLAYING HEALERS.. I tried it once and knew, that i would forever be in the rear with the gear, poppin heals, while others got to fight.

and i read, that this game the doctors were best solo class, as you could heal yourself and never die, well almost never, even though fights would take forever and a day.

As far as my Adventurer is going, i have been solo in subway. Eating, sleeping in there since this thread. I have not got but 1 new pistol, and its not even that good. my starter pistols are slightly better, i did upgrade them, but shoot not that awesome.

i need a gun that looks like a gun, not a cork gun...lol even though i know weapons and armors in this game, last for MANY MANY MANY MANY levels. they should redo the starter guns to look, more appealing since your going to have them stuck to you for a long while.

and i am really liking the fact, this is one of the most mature, helpful communities i have ever met.......most MMOs are littered with LEET BRATZ that think they " DA UBER LEET GUDZ OF ALL" that hurt me to type that.

Quote Originally Posted by MorzanZeaterman View Post
    Well even after years of MMO playing, ive never broken the chain of NEVER PLAYING HEALERS.. I tried it once and knew, that i would forever be in the rear with the gear, poppin heals, while others got to fight.

and i read, that this game the doctors were best solo class, as you could heal yourself and never die, well almost never, even though fights would take forever and a day.

As far as my Adventurer is going, i have been solo in subway. Eating, sleeping in there since this thread. I have not got but 1 new pistol, and its not even that good. my starter pistols are slightly better, i did upgrade them, but shoot not that awesome.

i need a gun that looks like a gun, not a cork gun...lol even though i know weapons and armors in this game, last for MANY MANY MANY MANY levels. they should redo the starter guns to look, more appealing since your going to have them stuck to you for a long while.

and i am really liking the fact, this is one of the most mature, helpful communities i have ever met.......most MMOs are littered with LEET BRATZ that think they " DA UBER LEET GUDZ OF ALL" that hurt me to type that.
    That's 'cause most of us are old Hehehe.

On the weapon department for your advy (also applies for docs, when/if you make one): Get a few QL (quality level) of Kyr'Ozch Pistol (you can use the typed ones as well, if you find them [/tell itemsbot kyr'ozch pistol]). When you get to lvl 50ish go to Foremans (Biomare, in TLR [The Longest Road]) and ask for help to get a couple of CDR (Customized IMI Desert Reet) from the Lab Director. They have a 40%ish drop rate, which isn't too bad, but their dmg is really really good.
    After CDRs there's a big big gap until you find yourself some good new guns, perhaps until you're around lvl 100ish you won't be able to get a new gun other than AI guns, the Kyr ones, but when you see one sellin for a good price, get yourself a Jobe Explorer Personal Pistol (JEPP) or a Jobe Surveyor Personal Pistol (JSPP). They're the same line, only the JEPP is the highest one. Those will last you a while
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Quote Originally Posted by MorzanZeaterman View Post

If you're still in the subway, check out the Illegally modified ofab peregrine . They drop in the lower levels in the subway and should be a nice upgrade to your starter pistols.

Doc only becomes good at solo once you get to the point where you don't run out of nano, sad to say but this doesn't happen until late tl7 (210+) without some extreme effort.

Added to the fact they do very poor damage at earlier levels, it becomes a huge pain to solo as the good damage comes when you can keep dots up, which again requires a nanopool able to support it.

I would say the best would be adventurer as you are already doing. Solid heals, respectable damage and very good qualities to bring to a team (team buffs, heals, damage)

If you want to solo effectively, no profession even comes close to a good Crats abilities
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

I made a martial artist recently which is a really good solo profession as it mixes evades (avoid defense), healing (few notches down from doctor/advy overall, unless in zazen then only a doctor can rival your healing at the cost of your damage), and consistent DPS (lack of burst but crit damage focused means high regular attack damage over time).

The big drawback to MA though if you like upgrading is as they use fists your hands will be unequipped and improving your damage will come from gear optimizations purely, as there are no MA weapons to consider equipping for a long time.

Welcome to the game
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Auct View Post
    If you're still in the subway, check out the Illegally modified ofab peregrine . They drop in the lower levels in the subway and should be a nice upgrade to your starter pistols.
    I rerolled a fixer, i like it better, but my adven is 45, with the ofab pistols, on my way to getting a reet 1000.

but i am enjoying fixer more..deals alot more damage and dose not die so easy. i evade, duck, dodge, dip, and dive, alot of damage off. my short and long HoTs that i figured out were HEAL OVER TIME are so far not bad.. coupled with my SMG damage buff. and a full set of implants courtesy of the vendor in the ICC free trade shop. and reading a books worth of info on how to do my IP's the and knowing what this class is about.. has really put me up.

i am lvl 25 on my fixer soloing 4-5 mobs at a time. and farming bosses..
    Last edited by MorzanZeaterman; Sep 16th, 2015 at 05:03:07.

Just because others have explained some acronyms...

I know this answer comes a little bit late but if you need more acronyms or termionology then there is a quite good list of them here:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...rminology-List
    List is quite old and some of them are much more common than the others. However, it should help if you happen to see unfamiliar termionology in the game. Honestly speaking I've never bothered to learn the whole list and there is no shame asking in game about something you don't understand or can't remember. And some acronyms even have several meanings. Most important are probably those for common buffs, some locations & dungeons, things that explain game mechanics (such as OE for overequip) and maybe a few weapons.
    Mizufluffy (220/30/??) MA # Hopeasaukko (216/27/??) NT # Mustarotta (100/10/28) Crat
    Mustarotta's Foreman (Biomare) Service for Hire (unavailable)
    Some of my froobs on RK2: Neuzoire, Denzyr, Hinami, Hinachan, Zetblanc, Dalanope, Chenin, Reandway (I'm more active on characters with yellow name)