Thread: Noob and froob key starting out.

Noob and froob key starting out.

Ok, so i have not really played this game long enough to write a comprehensive guide. But i have been playing games, and MMO's for ruffly 15 years of my life. I am no expert, but i can give you some key tips for starting out. With that said here i go.

I still ask questions, and you will be, for a long time. That not a bad thing. But show patience, it is key to getting your answers. That and taking time to search google as thoroughly as you can.

With this game, I personally learned quite fast, READ YOUR CLASS GUIDE, as many as you can find, as in depth as you can get. It is going to give you a good idea how to allocate those IP. Poorly place IP, and you will be re-rolling a class by lvl 40. ( i have re-rolled 4 adventuers, 2 fixers.) READ THOSE GUIDES..*TAKE NOTES* unless you have photographic memory or something.

The NEW noob zone, is your friend, you want to hang out with it for as long as you can. 1. for the starting gear, weapons, upgrades and more. 2 easy xp grinding, you can lvl fairly quickly to lvl 17-20 inside the start zone. ONCE YOU LEAVE..NO TAKESIES BACKSEIES, your out for good.

a) the Leet critters, in the wild, are easy to kill, and grant decent XP, good for grinding, bad for loot. The Bulls, good for upgrade plates, some loot, and XP! and the one named dockworker, he respawns fast, gives good XP, easy to kill, and you can in less than 10 min, gain 3-5 lvls.

b) start area boss mobs are, a DARLIC BOX<<that was it looks like to me, a box with a gun sticking out, cant remember its name, the SUPREME WASTE COLLECTOR, another is a LARGE GREEN GLOWING BOT, not sure of its name either, inside the building near not far from the ALEX guy you will do quests for. in the wilds, The ROLLERRAT BOSS, he is grey and glowy, the Bull boss, BULL and GLOWY, the bosses follow that pattern, The FLEA BOSS, under the stairs, a quest will take you right to him. Then you have the SALT WORM, good loot he doth have. but you need to be his lvl or better to win, or well geared, and gunned, depending on your class. one thing i am not sure of, is if their is a an alien boss out there, normally people or VETS or long time froobs, grind the aliens for that ALIEN XP stuff, so the mobs on a busy night are normally getting killed. BOSSES ARE A FAST WAY TO MAKE SOME EASY CREDITS, XP, AND GET LOOTS.

Next, you want to get your NEWCOMERS armor, it lvls up with you. You have to take it off, and right click it in your inventory for it to lvl up, and cost 50 credits each time you lvl one peice. GET THAT STUFF its going to be better than most gear you find. outside of helmets, as its not part of the newcomer stuff. its only consists of.

Chest, sleeve x2, legs, boots, gloves.

If you are a gun user, or melee, do the upgrade quest, im my experience, of 3 classes, either the quest offers better damage in the upgrading of the starting weapon. over buying weapons. DEPENDS on what your going for.

After you have taken this time, to run around, kill and get a feel for for class. Now is the time to decide, do i want to sub to the game or not. For me it was no question, having a full experience of the game was a better deal. So is the weapons that come with it. ILLEGALLY MODDED OFAB WEAPS for you when you leave the start zone, or until you get a up a bit get one, then use it, but its going to be your best friend for many many lvls, probably till your ready for the next weapon..that answer you can find if you READ YOUR CLASS GUIDE...which is usual lvl 41-50...give or take.

EXCEPTION NANO TECHS...you at start will have a shadowland glove, that is a great way to farm the loading zone to lvl 5-6 pretty fast, as it usually serves up a 1-hit kill, at no cost to your nanos, or time...but you can only equip it, if you have the shadowland expansion. *SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED*

VERY VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT

this may or may not happen to you. It did happen to me, and it is a REAL PAIN IT THE BOTTOM! if you start as a FROOB, or FREE NOOB, and then you upgrade, you suffer a risk of logging into the game one day to find, YOU ARE BANNED! why you ask ? because your payment crap did not clear for whatever reason, mainly because you are paying USD to NORWAY money, your bank insta deny that charge, and because you ran around upgraded for a day or so before FUNCOM got the DENY..they ban you till you fix it..

1. Take your Licence or ID, black out your ID num, i used electic tape.

2. Take that DEBIT or CREIDT card, and black out the middle 8 numbers.

3. now scan them both, and send that to FUNCOM, call your bank and let them know your doing it.

4. wait about 12 hours -24 hours, could be longer if its on a weekend, or on a Friday. and you can log back in, with a letter of account restore. DO NOT LET IT SCARE YOU FROM PLAYING...this game is worth it.

5. ENJOY...

SO a small part 2.

the next place you want to go to right after you leave the start area. DEPENDING ON if you farmed enough credits, and spent till lvl 20 out there is.

The free trade store, located in the ICC, its SAYS "FREE TRADE" go ahead run into the back, find your class, buy all those implants, and then use the terminal in the center to implant them. now you have a bit of a edge. get a few extra back packs 2-3 will do fine for now. see if you can buy some low lvl accessories, for boosting your NCU lvls, for your buffs, and stuff, and head into the subway. if you leave the subway at lvl 26 you cannot EVER GO BACK IN, on that class or character. it locks you out. so stay down there till about lvl 30, get your ofab stuff. they are awesomely great noob weapons. and the damage change will be quite noticeable..and enjoy the content down there is pretty cool.

you will not have to leave to sell off your goodies. there is a store down there, so you can sell stuff. the best item i know that sells, are all the nanos for SHADES. and before you leave the subway, FILL YOUR INVENTORY FULL OF THE OFAB WEAPONS, mainly pistols, and 1hand edge, blunt, shotgun and sell them on the market, they will go FAST!!! and make you tons of extra credits, if you want FARM THEM tons before lvl 26, and sell them out for money.

you can also disable your XP gain, so you can stay down there and farm them.

i will leave the CLAN, OMNI, or NEU factions up to you...but i rather learn without getting ganked so i stayed NEUTRAL for now.

so thats its for decent starter knowledge, go forth have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MorzanZeaterman View Post
    Ok, so i have not really played this game long enough to write a comprehensive guide. But i have been playing games, and MMO's for ruffly 15 years of my life. I am no expert, but i can give you some key tips for starting out. With that said here i go.

I still ask questions, and you will be, for a long time. That not a bad thing. But show patience, it is key to getting your answers. That and taking time to search google as thoroughly as you can.

With this game, I personally learned quite fast, READ YOUR CLASS GUIDE, as many as you can find, as in depth as you can get. It is going to give you a good idea how to allocate those IP. Poorly place IP, and you will be re-rolling a class by lvl 40. ( i have re-rolled 4 adventuers, 2 fixers.) READ THOSE GUIDES..*TAKE NOTES* unless you have photographic memory or something.

The NEW noob zone, is your friend, you want to hang out with it for as long as you can. 1. for the starting gear, weapons, upgrades and more. 2 easy xp grinding, you can lvl fairly quickly to lvl 17-20 inside the start zone. ONCE YOU LEAVE..NO TAKESIES BACKSEIES, your out for good.

a) the Leet critters, in the wild, are easy to kill, and grant decent XP, good for grinding, bad for loot. The Bulls, good for upgrade plates, some loot, and XP! and the one named dockworker, he respawns fast, gives good XP, easy to kill, and you can in less than 10 min, gain 3-5 lvls.

b) start area boss mobs are, a DARLIC BOX<<that was it looks like to me, a box with a gun sticking out, cant remember its name, the SUPREME WASTE COLLECTOR, another is a LARGE GREEN GLOWING BOT, not sure of its name either, inside the building near not far from the ALEX guy you will do quests for. in the wilds, The ROLLERRAT BOSS, he is grey and glowy, the Bull boss, BULL and GLOWY, the bosses follow that pattern, The FLEA BOSS, under the stairs, a quest will take you right to him. Then you have the SALT WORM, good loot he doth have. but you need to be his lvl or better to win, or well geared, and gunned, depending on your class. one thing i am not sure of, is if their is a an alien boss out there, normally people or VETS or long time froobs, grind the aliens for that ALIEN XP stuff, so the mobs on a busy night are normally getting killed. BOSSES ARE A FAST WAY TO MAKE SOME EASY CREDITS, XP, AND GET LOOTS.

Next, you want to get your NEWCOMERS armor, it lvls up with you. You have to take it off, and right click it in your inventory for it to lvl up, and cost 50 credits each time you lvl one peice. GET THAT STUFF its going to be better than most gear you find. outside of helmets, as its not part of the newcomer stuff. its only consists of.

Chest, sleeve x2, legs, boots, gloves.

If you are a gun user, or melee, do the upgrade quest, im my experience, of 3 classes, either the quest offers better damage in the upgrading of the starting weapon. over buying weapons. DEPENDS on what your going for.

After you have taken this time, to run around, kill and get a feel for for class. Now is the time to decide, do i want to sub to the game or not. For me it was no question, having a full experience of the game was a better deal. So is the weapons that come with it. ILLEGALLY MODDED OFAB WEAPS for you when you leave the start zone, or until you get a up a bit get one, then use it, but its going to be your best friend for many many lvls, probably till your ready for the next weapon..that answer you can find if you READ YOUR CLASS GUIDE...which is usual lvl 41-50...give or take.

EXCEPTION NANO TECHS...you at start will have a shadowland glove, that is a great way to farm the loading zone to lvl 5-6 pretty fast, as it usually serves up a 1-hit kill, at no cost to your nanos, or time...but you can only equip it, if you have the shadowland expansion. *SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED*

VERY VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT

this may or may not happen to you. It did happen to me, and it is a REAL PAIN IT THE BOTTOM! if you start as a FROOB, or FREE NOOB, and then you upgrade, you suffer a risk of logging into the game one day to find, YOU ARE BANNED! why you ask ? because your payment crap did not clear for whatever reason, mainly because you are paying USD to NORWAY money, your bank insta deny that charge, and because you ran around upgraded for a day or so before FUNCOM got the DENY..they ban you till you fix it..

1. Take your Licence or ID, black out your ID num, i used electic tape.

2. Take that DEBIT or CREIDT card, and black out the middle 8 numbers.

3. now scan them both, and send that to FUNCOM, call your bank and let them know your doing it.

4. wait about 12 hours -24 hours, could be longer if its on a weekend, or on a Friday. and you can log back in, with a letter of account restore. DO NOT LET IT SCARE YOU FROM PLAYING...this game is worth it.

5. ENJOY...

SO a small part 2.

the next place you want to go to right after you leave the start area. DEPENDING ON if you farmed enough credits, and spent till lvl 20 out there is.

The free trade store, located in the ICC, its SAYS "FREE TRADE" go ahead run into the back, find your class, buy all those implants, and then use the terminal in the center to implant them. now you have a bit of a edge. get a few extra back packs 2-3 will do fine for now. see if you can buy some low lvl accessories, for boosting your NCU lvls, for your buffs, and stuff, and head into the subway. if you leave the subway at lvl 26 you cannot EVER GO BACK IN, on that class or character. it locks you out. so stay down there till about lvl 30, get your ofab stuff. they are awesomely great noob weapons. and the damage change will be quite noticeable..and enjoy the content down there is pretty cool.

you will not have to leave to sell off your goodies. there is a store down there, so you can sell stuff. the best item i know that sells, are all the nanos for SHADES. and before you leave the subway, FILL YOUR INVENTORY FULL OF THE OFAB WEAPONS, mainly pistols, and 1hand edge, blunt, shotgun and sell them on the market, they will go FAST!!! and make you tons of extra credits, if you want FARM THEM tons before lvl 26, and sell them out for money.

you can also disable your XP gain, so you can stay down there and farm them.

i will leave the CLAN, OMNI, or NEU factions up to you...but i rather learn without getting ganked so i stayed NEUTRAL for now.

so thats its for decent starter knowledge, go forth have fun.

LITTLE INDEX OR SUB AREA

1. Like above NEW COMERS armor is a key thing to get, so find it, buy it, and use it. It will save you time, and money. that is always a good thing.

2. When you leave start zone, and you do not like to lvl on your own, ask in chat, or find some people down in the subway, or ToTW < temple of the three winds.
    just do not afk, and leave them to do all the work, help them, do well, and you will start making friends fast. even maybe find a ORG, aka GUILD.

3. REALLY take the time to read your class guides, they will help you tremendously in allocating your IP's how many times do you really want to re roll a character due to
    poor judgement. Use those people who experience of the system helps you. Not all classes in the game will allocate their points the same, but using what they say,
    you can find the key traits to invest in. the HAPPY ZONE...

4. When you see someone farming a BOSS or mob, leave them be, do not steal their mobs, they have spent long periods of time farming that 1/1000 rare drop..and its
    poor manners, if they are any good at PvP your probably going to land on the SPIT LIST, and if you the opp faction, you are going to get ganked for a while, or
    indefinitely.

5. Level grinding sucks, but it is in every MMO i have ever played. so find something easy to kill, and have at it.

6. in the start area, the bosses drop an Agent nano, keep it, it sells for decent credits. 400 or 500. it can help beef that wallet up.

7. traders, and i think one other class, uses trade skills, that means if your not one of the 2, don't waste time with points in trade skilling. cause your gonna suffer your,

8. As above if your class dose not use that skill do not waste your points. Leveling your key attributes first will get you ahead. Then when you have some spare points later MUCH LATER down the road, use those where you would like to beef yourself up at.

9. EVERY CLASS USES NANOS..ALWAYS BEEF UP COMPUTER LIT. its a MAX or ALMOST MAX every lvl for yourself. depending on how many buffs you need, and how nano
    dependent your class is...

10. most classes play best with a SET RACE.. like a fixer nanomage, NO GO and good luck i think game wide their are 6 at max lvl..and they are suck ass, and will give you hell to lvl up. so pick 1 of the top 2 for that race, for your class..to be the best at what you do.

so there are 10 short things for you..i will add more as needed for a fast knowledge starter key.

DEFENSE IS KEY AS WELL...

1. remember that armor i told you about, have you gotten it, are you lvling it up, i hope you are. USE IT

2. AGG to DEF bar slider in the bottom right of the screen. This thing is helpful..slide to DEF if you want to be more defensive and attack slower, with a better chance of living, if your damage output is high enough, you will not end up at recall, respawn, reincarnation, re clone, or whatever as many times, unless your a shade.
    AGG is going to lower your defense, but up that rate of attack, to whatever the ATK SPD is on your weapon, so if your ATK SPD is 1.00 you will attack at that. thats why i love this game. not going to name games here, but they NORMALIZED alot of ****, ans things just did not attack that fast any more. and if they did, the damage was garbage, and it was better off you getting something with more oomffff.

3. you should activate the show mini tool bar, in the menu its very helpful, in keeping track of your active nanos. And activate the one that shows targets nanos, so you can keep track of what debuffs you have up. great to not waste that nano bar.

4. FIRST AID, or TREATMENT..depending on your class guide they will tell you where to go with this one. For me its a 50%ish first aid, and 100% treatment..having the use of some stims during a fight has saved my ass, and let me solo bosses..

5. to tell if your toon is geared for the next stage of running ToTW see if you can solo vergal, in the lower parts of the subway, if you can, your good to go, if you can solo abby or abmouth or whatever, YOU ARE A CREDIT SPENDING TWINK AND HAVE NO NEED TO READ THIS GUIDE. GO AWAY! hehehe.

6. and the best defense, is a good ...can you guess it...have you guessed it yet....EHHHH WRONG...not offence....its having a TEAM to play with. friends are key in any game, if you want to go it alone forever, log off, crank up a console, and play online multiplayer with 12 year olds in a eternal death match, of screaming babies.

so thats a basic run of defense, the guides, and other help areas will beef you out more. have fun and enjoy AO.

Temple of Three Winds

For those of you that are still not familiar with abbreviations of this game. you will see it in chat called ToTW.

starting out, you are going to spend a lot, A LOT!!! of time in the first few rooms, before you can get where you can solo effectively enough to go into the larger room.

1. Teams are very helpful down there, if you can find a TWINK group, see if you can join with them if they are not full, and let them run you around so you can gain XP super fast and get some levels on you quickly.

2. down here you are looking for notum rings, some shoulders, cloaks, and if your an agent, those really nice agent armor drops, or just the wrist cuffs. and XP XP XP XP
    there going to drop off the mobs with more than one name, or bosses only, the cultists do not drop much, outside of martial artist books. there is also a nano pet down there, i hear is nice, i got it, but cannot cast it as of yet. soooo..

3. you are not able to re-enter after or @ 60, and your force-able warped out after 70. but its a awesome place to be.

4. also make sure you have at least a half way decent nano resist, not burn points in it. but enough, cause there are some nano casting cultist down there, that hurt really bad if you have low nano resist. and they will continue to hurt, even after they are grey to you.

5. This is for fixers, there is a nice armor cloak down there, that is worth farming, so get it, it called EX something. its got 430 melee, and projectile so pretty nice stuff. really not just fixers, but anyone, but the rings that drop in the same room..they are sweet sweet sweet as well. you will come out fairly geared either way. there are some nice NCU unit down there dark memories, i have one myself would like to have 4. o got this cool belt down there too that opens 5 belt slots..but need 1 more point of Comp lit to wear myself.

FAST FIVE POINTS FOR YOU!
    Last edited by MorzanZeaterman; Sep 28th, 2015 at 21:27:01.

Temple of Three Winds

For those of you that are still not familiar with abbreviations of this game. you will see it in chat called ToTW.

starting out, you are going to spend a lot, A LOT!!! of time in the first few rooms, before you can get where you can solo effectively enough to go into the larger room.

1. Teams are very helpful down there, if you can find a TWINK group, see if you can join with them if they are not full, and let them run you around so you can gain XP super fast and get some levels on you quickly.

2. down here you are looking for notum rings, some shoulders, cloaks, and if your an agent, those really nice agent armor drops, or just the wrist cuffs. and XP XP XP XP
    there going to drop off the mobs with more than one name, or bosses only, the cultists do not drop much, outside of martial artist books. there is also a nano pet down there, i hear is nice, i got it, but cannot cast it as of yet. soooo..

3. you are not able to re-enter after or @ 60, and your force-able warped out after 70. but its a awesome place to be.

4. also make sure you have at least a half way decent nano resist, not burn points in it. but enough, cause there are some nano casting cultist down there, that hurt really bad if you have low nano resist. and they will continue to hurt, even after they are grey to you.

5. This is for fixers, there is a nice armor cloak down there, that is worth farming, so get it, it called EX something. its got 430 melee, and projectile so pretty nice stuff. really not just fixers, but anyone, but the rings that drop in the same room..they are sweet sweet sweet as well. you will come out fairly geared either way. there are some nice NCU unit down there dark memories, i have one myself would like to have 4. o got this cool belt down there too that opens 5 belt slots..but need 1 more point of Comp lit to wear myself.

FAST FIVE POINTS FOR YOU!
    QUICK ADDED NOTE*

i have also discovered, that having a sub to the game, has allowed me to use weapons, and a few other items, that i would not have access to otherwise. Not that i am trying to push anyone towards a subscription but it makes it worth it. I was lvl 37 running around with a Beamer SMG, that i got a Riot control buff, and a Wrangler buff, and it gave me the power Equip it. After only a few lvls i think 39, i could use the gun at 100% it was no longer Red 75%. now it was still Over Equiped but as long as i did not take it off i was good. That weapon is one of the best a Fixer could ask for all the way up to QL 200. It packs a real punch. But the thing is, it can only be used if you have shadowlands. There are runner up guns, but this one is top of the charts. It also ignores you setting the DEF bar lower, and fires at its regular rate, it will slow down some if you go to low. But using it offers me survivablity more so than other weapons. FIRE FAST, and TAKE HITS. Seeing that i am in the stages of struggling more and more with IP, the hard part of the fixer life, So having the gear, guns, and goodies to get assist me though it...make it not suck as bad.

Thanks for taking your time and writing all this.

I'd just like to add a link here many have no heard of that contains a lot of useful info and guides for froobs

http://www.aofroobs.com

…By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    Thanks for taking your time and writing all this.

I'd just like to add a link here many have no heard of that contains a lot of useful info and guides for froobs

http://www.aofroobs.com

i did not know anything about AOFROOBS when i first started, then i started to read that as well, i am just touching on key things to know as you go along, leaving the depth for the others who have spent hours of work, and time writing those in deatail, deep, and wide guides, containing everything.

i have also discovered, that having a sub to the game, has allowed me to use weapons, and a few other items, that i would not have access to otherwise.
    Now that you mention it, I have to ask you - did you discover perks (SL/AI) and AI levels? http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Perk

Quote Originally Posted by BytEfLUSh2 View Post
    Now that you mention it, I have to ask you - did you discover perks (SL/AI) and AI levels? http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Perk
    yes i have gotten my first few perks, Dark kin, acrobat, and i did SMG too, because as a solitus we do not bolster the best ATK rating of the fixers, but can fit high lvl symbiats the best. see i am learning too..lol

right now at lvl 50 i am almost pushing 415+ atk power and my little QL 75 beamer packs quite a punch. i solo most everything except the big bosses in ToTW. also running my QL 100 implants. someone was nice enough to direct me to a med suit for the buff i need to my treatment.

so i am looking forward to my progress seeing where i am in 50 more lvls.
    Last edited by MorzanZeaterman; Sep 28th, 2015 at 21:26:23.

IMPLANTS AND OVER EQUIPPED or EQUIPPING

1. Get a medsuit, this is boost your treatment, why, so you can fit implants, much higher in Quality level thank your Class Level, sometimes you will also need Stamina, gear, or buffs, to get that bit needed. but with some friends, gear, and a good breed, you should be able to get QL 100 implants on by lvl 40 at the latest. at least for a fixer not sure about other classes. but you can usually get better in than your current lvl.

2. you can do this for pretty much all other gear, if you know where to look. and its a good thing, gives you a real edge, and allows for soloing to be less of a pain.

3. WEAPONS!!!!! ok so i am a fixer, but at lvl 37 i was using a QL 75 Penn Beamer, one of the best guns for a fixer.. i had to get a Wrangler buff, from a nice trader, and a Riot Control from a Enforcer. This let me put the weapon on, but after the buffs fall off your weapon is now in a state of OVER EQUIPED..meaning its not going to be 100% and taking it off, will result in you having to get rebuffed to put it back on. But i was at 75% for 2 lvls before it went to 100%, but the gun was still OE, as if i took it off, i could not get it back on, without the buffs, it was just 100% effective at damage. not that at 75% it was bad. it would pew pew pew da baddies.

4. so a good note is to, find a buff guide, see what you need to get on better gear, and BEG BUFFS IN CHAT..no dont...be nice, ask nicely, and after a few messages every couple of minutes for 10 to 20 minutes...STOP STOP! and find something else too do. ask for buffs nicely, wait at a Fair Trade, or Grid access marker, and just ask nicely. normally without even trying you will get the buffs fast, and have on that piece of gear...but if you beg, plead, and basically troll chat up..you will not get any buffs, as they will take unkindly to the begging. they will be polite and say nothing about your beggary..but you wont get those buffs either. unless they wanna shut you up.

Since this is a low level guide - newbies should start with building custom L30 temp implants, treatment labs etc. This is a thumbnail sketch for beginners.

1) find an implant design app here on the forums or use auno's online tool: http://auno.org/ao/imp.php?saveid=60721
    2) configure/design special L30 temporary buffing implants for all base abilities like Str/Sta/Agi - set wear/equip requirements to AGI.
    3) configure/design special L30 temporary buffing implants for computer literacy and character specific weapon skills IE: SMG and Burst or Fling etc.
    4) Buy all the tradeskill components in basic shops and then ask for someone to craft the implants for you. Do the same with QL20-30 Treatment Library and Implant Disassembly Clinic(fixer.)
    5) Check shops for Computer Literacy skill 161 QL60 4 slot Belt Component Platform 4IX and QL 60 NCU chips.
    6) install temporary base ability buff implants. install temporary computer literacy implants (right hand AGI/CL clusters), install treatment lab. install belt, install ncu chips, remove temporary CL implants, install temporary weapons buffing implants, install new weapon(s), remove medsuit, install new or old armor, install regular implant setup. Fini.

Little to no NCU "room" means no one can buff you. AO revolves around buffs. maximizing NCU space is generally as important as weapons, especially at low levels.

Never throw away temporary buffing implants, armor or whatever. Rename backpacks and save everything for later use.

Item Assistant catalogues all items in bank storage:http://ribbs.dreamcrash.org/aolight/
    Last edited by Higain; Oct 3rd, 2015 at 18:07:37. Reason: link

Quote Originally Posted by Higain View Post
    Since this is a low level newbie guide craft custom L30 temp implants, labs etc. This is a thumbnail sketch for all beginners, but as usual, some modification may be necessary for odd character/class weapons designs.

1) find an implant design app here on the forums.
    2) configure/design special L30 temporary buffing implants for all base abilities like Str/Sta/Agi - set wear/equip requirements to AGI.
    3) configure/design special L30 temporary buffing implants for computer literacy and character specific weapon skills IE: SMG and Burst or Fling etc.
    4) Buy tradeskill components and have someone craft L1-50 Treatment Library and Implant Disassembly Clinic(fixer).
    5) Check shops for Computer Literacy skill 161 QL60 4 slot Component Platform 4IX and QL 60 NCU chips
    6) install temp base ability buff implants. install computer literacy implants (right hand AGI/CL clusters), install treatment lab. install belt, install ncu chips, remove temp CL implants, install temp weapons buffing implants, install new weapons, remove medsuit, install armor, install regular implant setup.

Little to no NCU "room" means no one can buff you. AO revolves around buffs. maximizing NCU space is generally as important as weapons, especially at low levels.

Never throw away temporary buffing implants, armor or whatever. rename backpacks and save everything for later use.
    kinda add to this.

he is right, if your class is not heavy on NCU your not going to have a ton of ncu to go around. for those buffs. but most class guides are going to tell you to MAX comp lit, so you can get the belts on, with the decks to get that higher. like mine did. but i am also a self buffer, and need it high for grid and stuff.

I know I'm right! I've been playing for many years

All professions need as much NCU space as possible at every level. Fixers get an edge considering they're the only class with a self/team +NCU nano buff. Agent need the most NCU space at lower levels when considering FP buff transitions.

Max comp lit skill via IP AND use temporary comp lit/ability skill implants when upgrading belts or NCU chips. Belts and NCU are not regulated by the global OE ruleset. Generally speaking, this is the foundational process for equipping everything in the game.

QL30 temporary computer literacy Head implant, Eye implant, R-Hand implant = 20cl+12cl+8cl respectively = +40 computer literacy. + 40CL results in a +10 Quality Level increase in NCU chips/belts one can wear.

A working example of why temporarily maximizing comp lit for the sake of equipping higher quality level NCU belts/chips is important. For simplicity sake we have three very low level froob/newbie characters: Agent, MP and Engineer.

1) Agent needs to FP: Trader to drain-ladder and then immediately wrangles MP. The MP now buffs trader with masteries buff. Agent in FP with masteries PM/SI in NCU can now drain-ladder to a higher level ransack/deprive which means the Agent requires a lot of NCU space. Agent now max wrangles Engineer/MP.

2) MP needs to use Teaching buffs PM/SI after being wrangled - so that they can now execute nano formula Mastery -> MP first self buffs PM/SI, then buffs agent with mastery si/pm/ts and engineer with mastery mc/ts.

3) Engineer needs to make a bot at the max 20% Over-Equipped limit with TS/MC masteries and nano skill/ability composites in NCU all the time, which means they need space for a one time ~50 point wrangle then ts/mc masteries and comps to execute the nano/bot shell. Engineer ends up needing one more point "time and space" to execute nano "Common Gladiatorbot," so the Agent buffs the Engineer with Feline Grace -> requirement 17 ncu.

That's been the daily process for low level characters since the game launched.

Check this guide: https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...Level-Twinking
    Last edited by Higain; Oct 2nd, 2015 at 20:43:03. Reason: clarity

[QUOTE=Higain;6222092]I know I'm right! I've been playing for many years

BUT THERE IS ONE THING YOU ARE DOING VERY VERY WRONG!

I have been in MMO's for years as i stated at the start. one think i do not know from jump is. all the tech terms used within the game, to short hand describe things.

so i have been trying to make this a guide, for the NOOB by the NOOB..who dose not completly as of yet under stand NCU, or what it means, or why a agent would need more Vs. another class, vs that class..or the why, and in a simplistic way it can be under stood.

1. NCU-- NANA CONTROL UNIT...is your belt, how many slots it has, is how many slots it has for you to place booster items into your EMPTY DECK slots on your character sheet.

2. buy the boosters, or even other add on for that, at a fair trade under accessories, make sure you have the computer lit lvl to use it. to check your requirements hold SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK and it will show you any other requirements needed..for all items. or you can find them as mob drops, there are a few +4 +5 NCU deck items located in the subway. or you can buy what you need, which may not always be as good as what you find.

3. EVERY BUFF you have uses a certain amount of NCU, that you can see in the lower left of your screen, if you do not have enough to cast the buff, you cannot get the buff. so even though you may have 100 buffs, and 1000 NCU for example, those 100 buffs may cost 10000 NCU...just to simplify it for you. (if you want to check how much the NCU cost is, look at the buff, it will tell you in the details.)

4. You may not know why as of yet. The why a FIXER needs this, and a AGENT needs that, or a TRADER has this..but you will learn and get there and understand over time.

SO IN END FOR THIS PART...I APOLOGIZE, THAT VETERANS OF THIS GAME ARE HELPING, BUT HELPING AS IF YOU HAVE A LONGER WORKING KNOWLEDGE. THIS GAME IS FUN. I AM LEARNING NEW THINGS EVERYDAY. WITH A LITTLE READING, TIME, AND PATIENCE< LOTS OF THAT..YOU WILL GET IT DOWN TOO..HELL ITS HALF THE FUN.

IF you do not understand something. feel free to let me know, and i will simplify it the best i can. thank you.

I know what you mean and understand how confusing game jargon can be, most times its simply easier to show people these things in-game, but that's not always possible. I especially understand how confusing it must be to read things like "drain-ladder and wrangle," or how Agents use False Profession to access nano crystals from other classes/professions. So, you may have no idea what the terms mean, but you've been made aware them, and that's my intent.

Take time to read Dredd's level twinking guide, some of it will seem like gibberish, but it'll introduce some of the more abstract concepts of building an AO character - which makes AO different from all those other MMORPGS.

Use auno's Equipment Configurator here -> example: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=201717

I'm not sure if you can still register a new account at auno, and it may take a week to be approved, but it's worth a try.
    Last edited by Higain; Oct 3rd, 2015 at 18:08:43. Reason: simplicity/link