Thread: Rulers and Empires - first ever MMORTSG by me!

Rulers and Empires - first ever MMORTSG by me!

So there is a little project of mine, I started developing back in 2000. In 2008 things started to went smooth, and 5 years later, in 2013 game was ready to go. What is it? Its first in the world Massive Multiplayer Online Realtime Strategy Game called Rulers and Empires. This game will offer uniqe systems of gameplay for up to 560 players online, including real time battles with huge armies up to 100000 men. Trust me, game industry never saw such design

During developement stage I was mailing many game producers with what I have created, but they either ignored me or replied that its not possible to create such game and to play it smoothly or to make it playable at all - well, they were wrong, I prove it. I made it. Now its time to transfer it onto PC platform, and this I have started not so long ago.

Here is some info:

Strategy game Rulers and Empires is first strategy game created in format MMORSTG which will offer campaign and real time battles for up to 560 players at same time. Game takes place in XVIII century, between year 1700 and 1750 with historical line according to this period. Players goal is to create empire by reaching one of 5 goals (or all of them) and to create strongest Empire.

Players will decide about empire’s using administration, diplomacy, trading, developing regions and take part in huge battles with up to 100000 people at one time!

Game will offer:

- 27 countries from said period (including Europen countries, Middle East, India, Asia and Japan)
    - Fully functional country management, including trade, regions developing, army developing, spying
    - Full army management, including creation of vast armies in free configuration
    - Unique system of strategy, which will allow take part in huge battles between players, with thousands of men
    - Unique system leading army and separate units giving fell of real strategy in scale never noticed in game history
    - 38 military units, including 27 unique formations for most countries
    - Unique system which will allow to create big armies without problems in empire management
    - Unique solutions in country management allowing capture vast possibilities at taking direction in development of empire
    - Many options of multiplayer games, which allow to enhance strategy experience
    - Land battles and naval battles in big scale designed for multiplayer, even for hundreds players at one time
    - Player will be able to create his own profile, enrich it with experience, create career, personalize his profile, gain military titles and much more
    - Small RPG element, introducing Great Lady will be available for players, this will lead to open “hunt mode” so players can chase her to get reward (or protect her)
    - Special system will be introduced for each empire, which will measure happiness of citizens, which will react on players choices, actions. This will also allow to introduce propaganda, negative or positive, depends on players choice.
    - And much more!

webpage and portal (includes english forums) is www.rulersandempires.pl

Interested, sign in, like it on Facebook, join me!

Also, every help with graphics, translating to english (mine is bad when it comes to official communication), french is most welcome - you can be a part of team!
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Naice, another AO player, part time game developzer... Ill give it a go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Naice, another AO player, part time game developzer... Ill give it a go!
    hold your horses - there is much work ahead, but things are going in good direction so far.

Firstly, I need help. I mean it. Help of somone skilled in english, so any news and annoucements will not look bad - I am trying to provide best product, so I need somone who can help me polish what I want to show for potential users. Secondly, an good, skilled graphics man will be highly anticipated. My skills were good to create carboard game (it really loks fine) for alpha tests, but doing any further is beyond me. Thirdly, any word passed about this project, any activity on my forums wil lbe always welcomed.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

How is the networking done? Is it peer to peer or client/server?

client/server - server is responsible for everything, player is joinging game whenever he wants.
    I like PvP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

There's some very sharp indie game people from all over the world at Bay12, you should post your work there, too. And there's close to zero trolling on b12 forums, so you won't feel like you're under attack the minute you post comments about your game project.

Who knows what will turn up, no?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=4.0

thanks Higain for hint - I will check out this forums tommorow!

meanwhile I encourage everyone to join my game forums, ask questions, chat ect.
    Last edited by Pomidor; Sep 22nd, 2015 at 22:25:44.
    I like PvP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

Quote Originally Posted by Higain View Post
    There's some very sharp indie game people from all over the world at Bay12, you should post your work there, too. And there's close to zero trolling on b12 forums, so you won't feel like you're under attack the minute you post comments about your game project.

Who knows what will turn up, no?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=4.0
    Toady is a goddamn wizard.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I have started series with information about game features, also in english: First episode: The Great Lady : http://rulersandempires.pl/viewtopic.php?t=23
    I like PvP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

My one criticism would be that your starting project is far too ambitious.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

hehe Masta. Well, you are right - I should have start with something smaller. But I can't help this game was in my mind since years
    I like PvP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

well, we HAVE NEW WEB PAGE. Graphics were made by me, coding was done by Sebastian "Kasztanek" Orzeszek check it out: www.rulersandempires.pl

Tommorow I will throw second episode of Game Features
    I like PvP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

I started to post some initial concept art to show climax of the game, and this series will be second, along with Game Features. Of course, in english too
    I like PvP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

Now you can see 4 concept in-game graphics with detailed description, of whats going on on those.

full article in english: http://rulersandempires.pl/viewtopic.php?p=111#111
    I like PvP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!