Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BattleStation Leaderboards

BattleStation Leaderboards

I would like to suggest a BattleStation Leaderboard.

Note: This idea was originally proposed by Noobius76 years ago.

This leaderboard would be responsible for keeping track of the following stats:

Personal # of Kills
    Personal # of Deaths
    Number of Points (A, B, C, Core) Capped
    Org # of Kills
    Org # of Deaths
    Profession # of Kills
    Profession # of Deaths

This leaderboard should have the ability to be sorted by (but not limited to):

Hourly Leaders - Certain Level Ranges (I.e - 101-150, 151-200)
    Daily Leaders - Certain Level Ranges (I.e - 101-150, 151-200)
    Monthly Leaders - Certain Level Ranges (I.e - 101-150, 151-200)
    All Time Leaders - Certain Level Ranges (I.e - 101-150, 151-200)

Hourly Leaders - All Ranges Combined
    Daily Leaders - All Ranges Combined
    Monthly Leaders - All Ranges Combined
    All Time Leaders - All Ranges Combined

The user should be given the option to sort by profession as well so they can see how they compare to other members of that profession for the duration chosen (i.e - Hour, Week, Month, etc).

I'm certain there are multiple stats that I am failing to add, but just wanted to throw the idea out there.
    Last edited by Bluecheeze2; Sep 24th, 2015 at 23:34:24. Reason: Added 'Profession Sort' Suggestion

Not sure about some of the categories due to it promoting zerging, which we all know kills BS within 1-2 rounds. Other than that i'm all for it.

"Proposed by Noobius '76 years' ago" - sounds about right kinda time frame.

I support it 100% with one exception : only solo kills counts.
    There is already way too much team/zerging on BS ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Teaming in a team based mmo, say it ain't so!

OT: the death counters are a very bad idea, only serving to further humiliate those who are visiting decon more often than others.

Omg, yes, dis! Maket it so. Monthly leaderboards... Solo killz only.

Yus yus.

And leaderboard for most VP won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    Teaming in a team based mmo, say it ain't so!
    I'll explain why BS should be a solo instance and not a team instance:
    1. For team pvp you have tower wars and Tara. You know what to expect and you can form your teams, choose strategy and make optimum team composition with proper professions in your team. You and your friends/orgmates can even relog to other missing key profession in your team.
    2. Inside BS most of the time you meet random ppl, there is no time to choose strategy, no choice of professions, you just team anybody on your side... (except me because 99% of the time I decline team invites)
    3. You can not check before BS starts who is signed up as red and who blue. Sometime I end up on the same side as one of morons or exploiters I really hate . I have a personal list (not very long ) of ppl that I never buff or help so why should I team them?

OT: the death counters are a very bad idea, only serving to further humiliate those who are visiting decon more often than others.
    It is not that bad idea. Nobody is forcing anybody to play on BS. If somebody dies a lot and still likes going to BS then he/she does not care about number of death.
    However that would solve another problem. On several ocassions I saw ppl loging 2 or 3 characters on different sides than killing their own characters to farm number of kills.
    Showing characters with highest number of deaths would make such faming transparent

but u are aware its a mmo? bring some friends and have fun. For 1vs1 check out some duels...

and to compare tara/tower with bs is just stupid, sry.

I gave some reasons why BS should be a solo instance.
    I am not sure if you even tried to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Siro View Post
    but u are aware its a mmo?
    So what? The point of mmo is that you play with or agains orher players. Does not mean that you or other players have to be teamed.

bring some friends and have fun.
    Team pvp is hardly fun when you can kill or be killed in 1 or 2 seconds. Most of my friends agree. We team a lot in pvm.
    The present situation of pvp is caused by bad design of team pvp esp too many team buffs and auras that while necesary in pvm ruin pvp. Some bosses in pvm can have a milion HP and hit for 10k+ thats why some team buffs and auras are needed for pvm. In pvp every player has a tiny fraction of that HP and while pvp dammage is halfed all buffs and auras are just OP.

For 1vs1 check out some duels...
    Duels give some fun but have too many flaws like not beeing able to run around and use terain to your advantage, majority of players will always wait to have all perks ready (some with very long recharge) etc.

and to compare tara/tower with bs is just stupid, sry.
    Why?
    People doing Tara and Towers always gather several minutes earlier, there are appointed raidleaders, callers, some people even relog to another professions to make better use of team play.
    I would not mind similar strategy for BS, but that would require a change of mechanics:

People would sign up for BS and that would open some kind of "team/raid interface"
    There are few options how to do it. Show all ppl signed up, appoint 2 leaders (1 for each side) and let them pick 1 player each until teams are formed.
    Another option is that in order to start BS you have to be teamed and only team leader can sign up his/her team for BS.

Maybe the best option would be to create 2 different instances of BS:
    1. Solo, no teaming allowed.
    2. Teams only.

The present situation is just sad. Some ppl can create perfect or near perfect team before BS start, sign up the whole team on the same side and then hunt random players who do not have a chance ...

+1 on Awikun

Would be ridiculous to prevent teaming in bs.

Leader board, more maps/objectives, global sign up, score boards and live video feeds of bs that have all been suggested before are great ideas.

All problems disappear with more numbers and unlikely that that will change soon.

would love a public stat record in battlestation, i would actualy bother to do it then.
    i dont like pvp that isnt score competative, the suggestion you came with sounds good for battlestation.
    solo kills alone isnt good enough for me, solo deaths would make things competative and i would be more intrested

I'll explain why BS should be a solo instance and not a team instance:
    1. For team pvp you have tower wars and Tara. You know what to expect and you can form your teams, choose strategy and make optimum team composition with proper professions in your team. You and your friends/orgmates can even relog to other missing key profession in your team.
    2. Inside BS most of the time you meet random ppl, there is no time to choose strategy, no choice of professions, you just team anybody on your side... (except me because 99% of the time I decline team invites)
    3. You can not check before BS starts who is signed up as red and who blue. Sometime I end up on the same side as one of morons or exploiters I really hate . I have a personal list (not very long ) of ppl that I never buff or help so why should I team them?
    1. Completely irrelevant
    2. Excuse for being lazy
    3. Sociopathy

[QUOTE=Awikun;6221710]I'll explain why BS should be a solo instance and not a team instance:

Showing characters with highest number of deaths would make such faming transparent
    Those things are obvious without death counters, then again you'd actually have to communicate with other people and pay attention to what's going on in the game to notice instead of hating life and perpetually soloing.
    Last edited by DarkerThanBlack; Sep 23rd, 2015 at 23:18:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Would be ridiculous to prevent teaming in bs.
    I would love to see implementation of 2 pararel BS instances for every level range: first solo only, second team only.

Players would vote by chosing which one they want to play.
    It would give the best answer, don't you think so?

@DarkerThanBlack
    I see no point replaying to your post...
    Last edited by Awikun; Sep 24th, 2015 at 08:59:06.

i want more competative pvp and a optional place where your ranked on evrything.
    i simply dont do battlestations becose there isnt anything to gain.

would love a queue option like they have in worl of warcraft for 1 v 1 2 v 2 3v3 5 v 5 pvp in a smal arena with global ranking system. i would live in that arena and never ever log out of this game and maybe this is a intresting idea for those who like compatative gaming, becose ao is not compatative at all and moved on like wow did.

it would just be a simple option for those who has the same mind as me for pvp, and for those who dont like such can stick to bs and their non compatative gaming
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Sep 24th, 2015 at 14:41:30.

Aye competitive pvp.... signup join in start and whop. Imagine that? Pretty much every game has that... except AO.

Notum Wars are kind alike that.. except you login... notice towers are cold for 14 more hours... and log out.

AO needs competitive ranking for a few people that would be a major turn on. Especialy if perhaps BS is turned in to a more of a Free for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Aye competitive pvp.... signup join in start and whop. Imagine that? Pretty much every game has that... except AO.

Notum Wars are kind alike that.. except you login... notice towers are cold for 14 more hours... and log out.

AO needs competitive ranking for a few people that would be a major turn on. Especialy if perhaps BS is turned in to a more of a Free for all.
    just a detailed compatative stat system for something caled Ranked battlestation or something wich has a global stat system of players stats of how many kills, deaths etc etc.
    also would be priceless to get my oldest dream wich were like right before alien invasion about getting Ranked arena.
    i am a very competative player and this isnt intresting for me anymore when there is so much new games with competative stats.
    maybe dev's dont like competative gaming or some random players, but why not give it anyways becose people are diffrent just to satisfy evryone.

I, too, thought about this and how it might deter new PvPers from wanting to enter.

Perhaps this could be a statistic that is hidden by default to all users, but easily accessible by enabling a flag - (I.e - Set GlobalDeathCountVisible = true and it would show up in the Leaderboards).

Alternately, FC could create an attribute that would need to be enabled by the user on a per character basis indicating permission to allow their deaths to be shown. (I.e - Death Counter is shown on leaderboards by default, displaying generic text such as N/A until the user clicks the check box to allow their deaths to be shown on global leaderboards)

The only problem I see with such death-based leaderboards is encouraging turtling instead of fighting.
    Do 100 BS's with a highly defensive team and you're gonna score great even if you don't really kill much, which isn't indicative of how good you are at PvP in any way.
    Same thing without teams if you're a highly defensive focused PvP character such as a fully defensive evades+NR8 shade which can even conceal for most of the match, minimizing deaths even further.

BS's should remain a team event and ranking should be optional and team-based as well. Possibly something like many other team-based games have now where a MMR of some sort is implemented. It's competitive, relies on your performance and/or your team's performance and is proven to be very successful.

Not sure it's something AO would benefit from if it would have any risk of splitting the already visible minority of PvP'ers into multiple venues, though.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Sep 24th, 2015 at 23:34:30.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post

Not sure it's something AO would benefit from if it would have any risk of splitting the already visible minority of PvP'ers into multiple venues, though.
    This is my main concern. As the game is now, multiple venues for the same level range is not feasible.

With that in mind, I would suggest that the 'kill' increment either go to the member of the team who did the most damage OR have a clause in place that does not increment the number of kills for any user that is part of a team. This way, teams can still be formed, but the kills listed on the leaderboard are attributed to the people who were not teamed and did the most damage on an opponent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast