Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BattleStation Leaderboards

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Team pvp is hardly fun when you can kill or be killed in 1 or 2 seconds. Most of my friends agree. We team a lot in pvm.
    The present situation of pvp is caused by bad design of team pvp esp too many team buffs and auras that while necesary in pvm ruin pvp. Some bosses in pvm can have a milion HP and hit for 10k+ thats why some team buffs and auras are needed for pvm. In pvp every player has a tiny fraction of that HP and while pvp dammage is halfed all buffs and auras are just OP.
    Solo pvp is just as poorly designed as team pvp. You just need to improve and team pvp won't seem as "unfair" as you think it is, if you die in 1-2 seconds it's mostly your fault with poor positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    Solo pvp is just as poorly designed as team pvp.
    That statement is only true for level 220 pvp and the only time when I go to 215-220 BS is when I level or grind research with daily missions. Then my only objective is to 4cap or let the other side 4 cap asap.
    Why? (answer is in your statement)

You just need to improve and team pvp won't seem as "unfair" as you think it is,
    Lol when I solo pvp then it is 100% up to me, my set up and my strategy if I win or lose. Of course there are some easy and tough or even impossible match ups but then on solo BS I can try and avoid certain professions.
    In team pvp 90% of the result depends on team composition and skill of my team mates for example team of Eng, Tra, Crat, Doc, MP, Keep will destroy almost any random team that does not have Doc, blockers and CC.

if you die in 1-2 seconds it's mostly your fault with poor positioning.
    Unless you mean that "poor positioning" = staying back and watching as other team members die first you are wrong. If my team does not have any blockers and Doc then it is very easy to be killed in 1-2 seconds.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    That statement is only true for level 220 pvp and the only time when I go to 215-220 BS is when I level or grind research with daily missions. Then my only objective is to 4cap or let the other side 4 cap asap.
    A true pvper ladies and gentlemen.

A true pvper ladies and gentlemen.
    ... and here you are typing on a computer behind a layer of anonymity, engaging in forum PvP, and seeking validation of your skills by making a post against someone for the rest of the forum to see, without directly responding to the person.

I'm guilty of the same thing, but let's try to stay on the topic of BS Leaderboards please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    ... and here you are typing on a computer behind a layer of anonymity, engaging in forum PvP, and seeking validation of your skills by making a post against someone for the rest of the forum to see, without directly responding to the person.

I'm guilty of the same thing, but let's try to stay on the topic of BS Leaderboards please.
    I'm not seeking anything, just pointing out the selfish motives behind his desires for a solo battlestation, only solo scores, and his efforts to ruin the experience for everyone who actually wants to pvp by 4capping simply because the nature of battlestation pvp is not to his liking. His one and only argument is "I want to solo, I hate teaming and dying to teams". When talking about improvements for the game one should think about the entire community, not just themselves. Consider how small the game population already is and consider how few people there are who actually want to play an mmorpg by themselves all day long, then consider the limited resources the AO staff has to waste their time on a silly project like a solo only battlestation which is essentially nothing more than a glorified duel room.

In my opinion, leaderboards are not needed at all, all this egostroking is redundant.
    It would only motivate the lame and pathetic to farm the lowbies even more
    People already have personal stats taht do not show deaths (only duels show losses), so why is there need for more egostroking?

Quote Originally Posted by grandefiasco View Post
    In my opinion, leaderboards are not needed at all, all this egostroking is redundant.
    It would only motivate the lame and pathetic to farm the lowbies even more
    People already have personal stats taht do not show deaths (only duels show losses), so why is there need for more egostroking?
    Good Afternoon Grandefiasco,

I see where you are coming from here. To an extent, it does promote ego-stroking. However, Person-versus-Person is a huge part of the game. If I gear out my character and want to see how it compares to others of the same profession/level, then a leaderboard seems like a decent metric. I do not go into the BattleStation and spare someone in my attacking range because they are not geared to the same extent or because they are not the same level. It's a PvP arena that they knowingly entered and they should not expect to be able to kill people who are a higher level than them. If they are there for the daily's, then a leaderboard can only be beneficial because more PvPers would be signing up and the BattleStation would run more often.

To assist the lowbies and PvMers who are just there to get their daily's and grow tired of just running around to die, I made the suggestion of lower-reward missions within the BattleStation that would give these people additional objectives and help break the monotony. Similarly, with these missions in place, higher level people might even go for the objective themselves, distracting them from the appetizing lowbies One additional suggestion I made was for legacy PvP titles to be re-implemented. If these were in place, I'd imagine that most of the PvPers would be busy trying to kill the other PvPers with an equal or higher title - Once again distracting them from the lower level players.

Hey there buddy. Pat here. Would you contact me in a PM? Need to add you to our ex ao player whatsapp group! :>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12