Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game keeps crashing after a long hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Hey I missed your last post, mate.

Do you know what fixed it? Just in case someone else runs into the same problem.
    Well, I believe two important updates saved the day: 1) The game was able to patch completely after I applied a crucial windows update, most likely a .NET framework upgrade, and turned off my firewall as well. 2) I was able to play the game after I updated my drivers for my GPU.

Before that, I wasn't able to patch the game at all, let alone run it.
    Last edited by MrAce; Oct 31st, 2015 at 22:55:38.

Ok.........

This game is really pissing me off. I was afraid of another patch update, and my intuitions were right.

Now I cannot get past the patch updates without getting a fatal corrupted file error. I've already tried installing the game 3 times after turning off my firewall and anti-malware programs, but to no avail.

This is the message I keep getting after restarting my laptop after patching the game:

"InetConnection_c::Maintain():
    Error getting file
    '/cMaintenance/18.8.7/5ef147d24b06fdec0a0e24642ca54fa.gz'
    because the requested file does not exist!

Click Retry to try again, or Cancel to abort."

I'm getting really tired of this bull****.
    Last edited by MrAce; Nov 9th, 2015 at 20:06:25.

You can try install the patches from the files on the FTP instead of using the patcher.

Today's patch:

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

LOL... ok, here's the solution to the problem:

Once you see the corrupted file message, keep the window open and just sit there for about 5-10m, then hit retry; the game should go straight to the launcher and it should patch correctly.

This is quite weird, but thanks for the help.

sounds like some nasty corruption files you have got from fc but you nvr know since they have laggy servers, just like albert Einstein used to say realtivity ... something, however albert Einstein was an idiot anyways. Isaac Newton FTW
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Hehe, yeah. But I'm still able to patch the game fine if I just wait for 5m then press retry. I wonder if it's a bug.

If this happens again, I'm going to submit it as a bug to FC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12