Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NT's too OP atm?

NT's too OP atm?

Anyone else feel like NT's are too OP atm still. Seems like in BS they basically 3 shot you between perks/as and nanos.

This is the average encounter..

You were attacked with nanobots from XXXXXXX for 1583 points of energy damage.
    You were attacked with nanobots from XXXXXXX for 4102 points of radiation damage
    You were attacked with nanobots from XXXXXXX for 4102 points of radiation damage.
    XXXXXXX hit you for 4102 points of Aimed Shot damage.

Show us a NT using Aimed Shot first

It would be nice if you'd provide the level/proffession of your toon and the NT's level.

And if you encounter something like this and all the damage happends in the same second I wonder who that person is.. Because 99% of the NT's out there don't an offhand AS because of the cyberdeck.

If your gonna post stuff like this atleast post it with the timestamps (right click chat > visual > show timestamps)..

I surely hope this is a joke of some sort.

It's either fake, a bug/exploit regarding the Cyberdeck's -2000 AS debuff (and/or casting deck nanos without the deck).. or...

The only endgame'ish nuke that does NOT require a -2000 Aimed Shot Cyberdeck is Garuk's.
    Doubles require it, so those 2 4102 hits were not from that.
    IU requires it, so it wasn't that either.
    The Delayed Nukes line also require it.

So.. you were either killed by a 30s Hotswap (lol'ing at the idea)
    Or you were relatively slowly killed by someone using GIVA, AS and perks. (I say this in comparison to how fast pre-nerf Offensive Focus, Agents, Shades, Soldiers, etc can alpha someone).

Those couldn't have pierced your reflects either, so that's off the table. (again, -2000 AS Deck requirement)

So.. this leaves us with very few nukes/perks/etc that could cap you for 4102 pvp damage. MAYBE Supernova+GIVA+AS could do 3 capping hits in quick succession if timed PERFECTLY, but it's not going to happen often and it isn't part of most NT setups.
    Resonance Blast would be another option but it has a 101% NR check which would require debuffing if your NR is typical of a PvP character's, making this "alpha" rather slow.
    It also can only deal damage once every 3.5s (likely 4s with the usual sync issues), as it has a 1s cast cap and 2.5s recharge.

Don't count on more NT PvP nerfs. We recently have had Offensive Focus effectively inutilized (e.g. not worth losing NS2 for). If you're still having issues you may be at fault.

EDIT: I'm assuming this was at 220. If it wasn't this is even more likely to be fake as you won't have GIVA.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Sep 25th, 2015 at 20:36:09.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

did this thread just happen

Looks to me like CB -> GIVA -> Supernova/ResoBlast, with a bow of belith for AS.
    NM SB and a damage changer would be more effective and confusing, though.
    Pretty funny if real.
    Last edited by srompu; Sep 25th, 2015 at 23:59:32.

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    Looks to me like CB -> GIVA -> Supernova/ResoBlast, with a bow of belith for AS.
    NM SB and a damage changer would be more effective and confusing, though.
    Pretty funny if real.
    Given the buildup necessary from CB's recharge and Supernova's prerequisite perks.. the victim must want to die

But yeah, would be hilarious.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Although most of you are forum troll douche's want to believe there is no issue.. im asking a legitimate question. Seems like there is a ton of burst dmg. Maybe on non NM crat it just seems OP, which could be.

But obviously here all I am going to get are answers from NT's who cant give a simple answer without being aggressive. Don't need to be butt hurt, was just asking. But since there is that other 7 page thread, I am guessing there is an issue that needs to be addressed.

Simple answer...

Nope.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Basically just no, I do not think NT's are OP.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I THINK this thread is op atm
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

This is is definitely OP[ossum]
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Quote Originally Posted by paperjockey View Post
    Although most of you are forum troll douche's want to believe there is no issue.. im asking a legitimate question. Seems like there is a ton of burst dmg. Maybe on non NM crat it just seems OP, which could be.

But obviously here all I am going to get are answers from NT's who cant give a simple answer without being aggressive. Don't need to be butt hurt, was just asking. But since there is that other 7 page thread, I am guessing there is an issue that needs to be addressed.
    You mean the thread that was made BEFORE the Off Focus nerf and has since become pretty much dead?

Nice try, mate. You just /threaded yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    This is is definitely OP[ossum]
    The "squeee" sound my gf just made to that pic has made this thread worth existing.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    The "squeee" sound my gf just made to that pic has made this thread worth existing.
    As always, glad I could be of assistance.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

NT's and Agents are most OP'ed proffs atm. Ignore above posters. They have no idea .. Their last pvp moment belongs to 2011 or something prolly.
    If i must provide some info , i have shade ; i have around 19k hp and 2200 NR. Most NT's can nuke me down in 2-3 sec i can provide screenshots here.
    Their perks and nukes hits like 5k - 4k - 2k so basiclly any NT can nuke my hp down ( NS up so i cant event touch em most of time ).

*prof that kills me* is op
    *prof i play* is gimp
    *prof i can kill* is balanced.

Prof that can kill me %100 of time without any exception is OP.
    Why ? Cuz i know my proff very well , i do everything and try everything , stun/init debuff/nano drain / overdmg / attack smoke bomb when NS and re-attack everything..
    They simply doin too much dmg in too little time and got uber debufs and uber self layers.
    Call me noob or not i dont care but NT's are OP i can see it everyday at BS they can nuke any other class without any problem.

have you tried nr8? when full perk resets first became a thing i had a lot of fun keeping 8 free perks open and /duelling nt's on my fixer. the salt was real

that will make me gimp vs all others..

Quote Originally Posted by Katharsis View Post
    that will make me gimp vs all others..
    There are professions that are better vs other specific ones, just because your shade gets owned by some good pvp NTs is not gonna cut it. I have both end game NT and shade and I love pvp on both of them. There are situations were my NT gets owned very badly and situations where shade does.

I'm saying that NTs can kill some professions easier than others, such as crats, fixers and shades (those are my fav targets when I'm on NT). Other professions are harder to kill if they are end game pvp, but shades also have prey targets. To be honest I kill more on my shade than on NT. And I also kill NTs on my shade as easy as they kill me.

I have no problem with NTs I don't think they are OP, agents on the other hand..., but that's already being discussed and not sure if there is more to add about agents.
    Just finished setting up prefs and client crashed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast