Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Item Assistant

Quote Originally Posted by Drdoll View Post
    Can I not have both, but run one at the time? Close old, open new for example?
    If both are running, only one of them will get updated (and it may be random)

This is because they currently use the same hook, but I might add a 'compatibility mode' that uses another name for the hook, to allow running both. [No idea why you'd want both, but no harm in it]
    Latest version of Item Assistant: http://ribbs.dreamcrash.org/ialight/

Quote Originally Posted by MrPete View Post
    If both are running, only one of them will get updated (and it may be random)

This is because they currently use the same hook, but I might add a 'compatibility mode' that uses another name for the hook, to allow running both. [No idea why you'd want both, but no harm in it]
    I'm only concerned about new version not finding items. For example in your recent post, you asked to test some clumps. I was just thinking it might not be fully working yet. But what the heck I'll give it a go when i get home, will be another tester for you Is there a guide how to import database so i don't have to reopen thousands of bags again, ok maybe not thousands, but each relog and bank check = thousands. :P
    Just finished setting up prefs and client crashed.

I'm only concerned about new version not finding items. For example in your recent post, you asked to test some clumps. I was just thinking it might not be fully working yet. But what the heck I'll give it a go when i get home, will be another tester for you Is there a guide how to import database so i don't have to reopen thousands of bags again, ok maybe not thousands, but each relog and bank check = thousands. :P
    I've completely rewritten the "Identify" view, to identify the type of clumps etc.
    But this version is not yet public, only for testers. Found some issues in it, and will delay the update until said issues have been resolved =)

Here is a 10 page guide on importing the existing database:
    1) Click "file"
    2) Click "import"
    3) Click "OK"
    4) Profit!

Here is a 10 page guide on importing the existing database:
    1) Click "file"
    2) Click "import"
    3) Click "OK"
    4) Profit!
    Where is the rest of the steps?
    Just finished setting up prefs and client crashed.

Where is the rest of the steps?
    Copy the steps into Word. Change font size to ridiculous, and hit print. :P

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Try checking the log files (Settings -> View logs) for any warnings or such. The backpacks does not return if you rightclick and Refresh?
    Nothing I can see, not sure if it's intended or not but I get this when I open:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxn7exspwd...0bags.jpg?dl=0

Bags show on the left tree structure but not actually in inventory, bank etc - nor do the items inside them despite the "backpack" column suggesting this is the intended behaviour, so manually searching is easier in game than it is in item assistant.

Seems to be working at the moment but sometimes this behaviour is the same when searching for items, so the "backpack" column appears empty.
    Balneator 220/30/70
    Threekaynuek Growing NT
    Balneatrix 200 twink to be

Tanked the first ever killed Artillery Commander for ~5 bubs.
    [Tankosaurus]: GOGO BAL TANK that <expleted for safe meh from moderater>
    You were attacked with nanobots from Artillery Commander for 335000 points of energy damage.
    You died of nano program damage!

Quote Originally Posted by Balneator View Post
    Nothing I can see, not sure if it's intended or not but I get this when I open:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxn7exspwd...0bags.jpg?dl=0

Bags show on the left tree structure but not actually in inventory, bank etc - nor do the items inside them despite the "backpack" column suggesting this is the intended behaviour, so manually searching is easier in game than it is in item assistant.

Seems to be working at the moment but sometimes this behaviour is the same when searching for items, so the "backpack" column appears empty.
    It is indeed intended behavior to not show the backpacks inside the inventory.
    If you click on the individual backpack, you can see their contents.

Are you saying the items does NOT appear if you click on the backpack in the left-side treeview?
    It should display the contents [if it is aware of said contents], and display the following in the log file:
    DEBUG[ItemsLight.MainWindow]: Clicked on tree: !#3 Oles Cardboard Box = 4979240, charid: 1393920

Now if you want backpacks to be shown as "items" in the inventory itself, I could always add an option for that, but it would only clutter the result.
    http://www.dumpt.com/img/viewer.php?...5pn18b3xug.png

I assumed the behaviour would be the same as (IIRC!) original item assistant that showed everything you have in your inventory, including items in backpack, and then listed what backpack it was in. But currently it works as you say. Can't get a screenie of the item search oddity, that seems more intermittent. I'll check logs next time it happens.
    Balneator 220/30/70
    Threekaynuek Growing NT

You were attacked with nanobots from Artillery Commander for 335000 points of energy damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Balneator View Post
    I assumed the behaviour would be the same as (IIRC!) original item assistant that showed everything you have in your inventory, including items in backpack, and then listed what backpack it was in. But currently it works as you say. Can't get a screenie of the item search oddity, that seems more intermittent. I'll check logs next time it happens.
    Also for item searches, you can right-click on the item and "View Backpack", to see exactly where the backpack is, and what else it contains.

But as I said, if you absolutely want to see backpack clutter in the inventory, I'd be happy to add a on/off switch for it.

It would be easier for manual searching I think to enable a "show me all the items in inventory, even stuff in backpacks" obviously just showing backpack names has no advantage over what the tree structure does already.

If the search backpack bug is going on, I can right click view backpack but it only shows the backpack contents, not where it is as the "backpack" column remains empty.
    Balneator 220/30/70
    Threekaynuek Growing NT

As I am getting all my toons on the new IA:Light I have noticed the time it takes to find an item is taking longer and longer ... to the point sometimes I wonder if it has locked up only to have the listing finally show.

If there is a way to make it search more efficiently that would be great.

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    As I am getting all my toons on the new IA:Light I have noticed the time it takes to find an item is taking longer and longer ... to the point sometimes I wonder if it has locked up only to have the listing finally show.

If there is a way to make it search more efficiently that would be great.

Emma
    Any chance you can send me a copy of your database?

How many items do you have? Currently running Wakizaka's db for testing, has roughly 14,000 items.
    It's working fine here, but the new version has some optimizations on search.. next update is gonna be a big one.
    Last edited by MrPete; Dec 6th, 2015 at 23:08:21.

"Windows User Bravo", if you're seeing this... Send me your database file and I'll get you up and running.

Crash report indicates IA won't be able to recover alone from whatever issue you ran into

Alternately delete the database and reinstall.

Pre-release of the upcoming version:

Release notes:
    * Rewrote the Identify page
    * Added some treats for tradeskillers
    * Added some optimizations to search, identify and pattern matching
    * Fixed a bug potentially crashing IA if consuming the last item in a stack
    * Fixed a bug potentially crashing IA if consuming any item in a stack [oddly enough i've received reports of neither ever happening]
    * GMI data will now also be deleted when deleting a character
    * Removed in-client GMI searches, now only available via AOGmi
    * Fixed a bug in "last seen" for in-client summary and ingame /summary, /wp
    * Fixed a trivial [but annoying] bug related to the pattern matcher and multi threading
    * Optimized lookup for summary page
    * Importing from the old AOIA will now also import level/profession/VP
    * Wiping the existing database when importing from AOIA is now optional, but recommended.
    * Pattern matcher should no longer show novictalized crystals from another dimension
    * Pattern matcher is now a bit less snidy about pattern locations
    * Pattern matcher will now respect Auno/AOItems preference
    * Some equipped items will now display their exact slot [ncu, utils, rings]
    * Added a secondary cache for item names, greatly reducing startup time
    * IA should now retain character treeview state when refreshing
    * IA will now rename new backpacks [after a small grace period, in case the player decides to rename it himself]
    * IA will now detect credits received via Mail
    * Users of Onedrive / Google drive / Dropbox can now opt to automatically store backups in their cloud storage.

Download link here

OBS: This is a "limited release" for now, as I simply need more testers on it.
    Too many large changes to push it out to a houndred users at once

If you don't want to risk running into some minor bug, stick to the current stable version !
    Last edited by MrPete; Dec 7th, 2015 at 21:57:56.

Any chance you can send me a copy of your database?

How many items do you have? Currently running Wakizaka's db for testing, has roughly 14,000 items.
    It's working fine here, but the new version has some optimizations on search.. next update is gonna be a big one.
    If you tell me how to send it to you, its filename and where I would find it on my computer ...

As of today I have 84 toons, 48095 items, and 4127 containers .... and I have most, but not all of my toons/banks loaded up yet. I have been playing since 2003 ... org president with lots of bank toons.

Emma

The file named db1 is 24,512 kb ... I am running on Windows 7 service pack 1
    Last edited by Emma; Dec 9th, 2015 at 00:59:01.

For anyone experiencing crashes with IA, this is due to a change in the protocol used by AO, updated in the latest patch.

An update has been pushed to resolve this issue.

Arete Locations

The GS 0 zone up near the spawn point ... place to meet friends.

It is called pf7101 when you are at AO login screen

Salal & Atrois are logged in this spot ...
    Extended location information:
    - 64.1, 91.9, 1.0 (64.1 91.9 y 1.0 7101)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51100:7101 GS=0 SG=0 R=7101, resource: 7101
    - zone: 1, area: "Freighter headed to ICC - Andromeda"
    Server id: 3502, character id: 50000:377347659, time: 2015-12-09 18:20:01 (UTC)
    Version: 18.8.10_EP1, map id: 18.8.10.3_04.12.2015_17.59.23, build: 52322.

The GS 0 zone inside the crashed ship ... for the "find a friend" mission.

It is called pf8009 when you are at the AO login screen

Adeux is logged here.

- 38.6, 44.5, 0.4 (38.6 44.5 y 0.4 8009)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51100:8009 GS=0 SG=0 R=8009, resource: 8009
    - zone: 2, area: "Crashed Alien Ship"
    Server id: 3502, character id: 50000:381421722, time: 2015-12-09 18:26:49 (UTC)

Outside the Crashed Ship looks like this:

- 3883.9, 248.8, 6.4 (3883.9 248.8 y 6.4 198169)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51102:6553 GS=1 SG=0 R=198169, resource: 6553
    - zone: 877, area: "Crashed Alien Ship"
    Server id: 3502, character id: 50000:381421722, time: 2015-12-09 18:31:56 (UTC)

The Arete Spawn point (outside the 1st GS 0 area above) looks like this:

- 3613.1, 786.1, 52.1 (3613.1 786.1 y 52.1 198169)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51102:6553 GS=1 SG=0 R=198169, resource: 6553
    - zone: 2560, area: "Arete Landing"
    Server id: 3502, character id: 50000:377347659, time: 2015-12-09 18:35:06 (UTC)

Emma

Hi, first of all great work, I really like the new IA.
    There's only one small annoyance that may be easy to fix: every minute or so, while IA:Light is running, there is that "click" sound from Windows (the same sound Windows Explorer makes when double-clicking a folder). It can get annoying if I have no music playing or anything. I know it's really nitpicking, but if it's an easy thing to fix, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Hmmm, just realized it only happens when summary tab is open, so I guess I have a workaround now.
    Last edited by BytEfLUSh2; Dec 12th, 2015 at 19:38:50.

Quote Originally Posted by BytEfLUSh2 View Post
    Hi, first of all great work, I really like the new IA.
    There's only one small annoyance that may be easy to fix: every minute or so, while IA:Light is running, there is that "click" sound from Windows (the same sound Windows Explorer makes when double-clicking a folder). It can get annoying if I have no music playing or anything. I know it's really nitpicking, but if it's an easy thing to fix, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Hmmm, just realized it only happens when summary tab is open, so I guess I have a workaround now.
    Should be fixed in the latest update.
    Last edited by MrPete; Dec 13th, 2015 at 21:59:30.

Release notes:
    * Rewrote the Identify page
    * Added some treats for tradeskillers
    * Added some optimizations to search, identify and pattern matching
    * Fixed a bug potentially crashing IA if consuming the last item in a stack
    * Fixed a bug potentially crashing IA if consuming any item in a stack [oddly enough i've received reports of neither ever happening]
    * GMI data will now also be deleted when deleting a character
    * Removed in-client GMI searches, now only available via AOGmi
    * Fixed a bug in "last seen" for in-client summary and ingame /summary, /wp
    * Fixed a trivial [but annoying] bug related to the pattern matcher and multi threading
    * Optimized lookup for summary page
    * Importing from the old AOIA will now also import level/profession/VP
    * Wiping the existing database when importing from AOIA is now optional, but recommended.
    * Pattern matcher should no longer show novictalized crystals from another dimension
    * Pattern matcher is now a bit less snidy about pattern locations
    * Pattern matcher will now respect Auno/AOItems preference
    * Some equipped items will now display their exact slot [ncu, utils, rings]
    * Added a secondary cache for item names, greatly reducing startup time
    * IA should now retain character treeview state when refreshing
    * IA will now rename new backpacks [after a small grace period, in case the player decides to rename it himself]
    * IA will now detect credits received via Mail
    * Users of Onedrive / Google drive / Dropbox can now opt to automatically store backups in their cloud storage.
    * Should no longer annoy the user to death with clicking sounds
    This release is now being pushed.
    Thanks to any and all testers, caught a couple of bugs in the automatic bug report, and have now been fixed! =)
    Last edited by MrPete; Dec 13th, 2015 at 22:03:36.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast