Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Item Assistant

Does Google drive currently work as a cloud provider? Right now it gives 3 options, but all but Onedrive are grayed out. I just installed the Gdrive client thinking that might be required but it is still grayed out.

Onedrive works perfect with it right now, I was just curious since the option box was there.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Got a little problem with ialight.
    Program generally works just fine. But sometimes the window just disappears. Program is still running in taskmanager but i need to kill it and start again to get the window back.
    Using Win 10.
    Anyone has a solution for that?
    Behoernchen - Adventurer - SEMPER FIDELIS

Are you sure it's not working correctly? If you minimalize the window, it runs in the background and you can pull it up again by double clicking on the icon on the taskbar
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

I tried that and tried alt+tab and switching to process in taskmanager and so on. nothing worked. Window won't come back.
    Not to mention the fact that I didn't minimize the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    Does Google drive currently work as a cloud provider? Right now it gives 3 options, but all but Onedrive are grayed out. I just installed the Gdrive client thinking that might be required but it is still grayed out.

Onedrive works perfect with it right now, I was just curious since the option box was there.
    All it does it locate your gdrive/onedrive/dropbox install and copy a zip file over to the cloud location, otherwise IA would need an API key etc, much more of a pain to deal with for the users.
    It should definitely be locating google drive if its installed and logged in. [good 'ol "should"]
    Latest version of Item Assistant: http://ribbs.dreamcrash.org/ialight/

Quote Originally Posted by Behoernchen View Post
    I tried that and tried alt+tab and switching to process in taskmanager and so on. nothing worked. Window won't come back.
    Not to mention the fact that I didn't minimize the window.
    I found out when it happens.. It actually happens when i minimize the window or minimize all windows with ctrl+d.
    Then window disappers, which it should of course, but I'm not able to bring it back and there is no icon on the taskbar.

MrPete,

I like what you have done here.
    Great job taking AOIA to the next level.
    Thank you for adding support for multiple dimensions! No idea why that was removed from other versions.

I have a few feature requests.
    • In addition to minimize to tray, have a minimize to toolbar option. When using multiple displays (I have 3) the center display is the primary and has the Systray. But its also where AO runs. It's a pain to get to the Systray while AO is running but it's easy to just click the taskbar on the other monitor.
    • Display icons to represent the Symbiants or Implants currently worn. Also display suggestions for a slot that is currently empty when selected, right now it shows no upgrade options if a slot is empty.
    • Add option to disable Backpack renaming. Per toon if possible. Personally I like and use it. However I have made it a point to buy as many unique bags on each toon as possible because the old AOIA did not have this feature. So it's redundant in some cases.
    • Option to add a custom URL for the Items Website. You currently have the two best ones, however from time to time others do popup and if you decide at some point not to support this version being able to manually add a new site would be cool.
    • Export option for toon data.
    • Open source the code...

The first one is the most important one to me, the rest are mere suggestions

Only one issue so far. The /ia script has an option to show items but when clicked I get: No chat command or script named "itemlist" available.

I will report any other issues I find.

Keep up the great work!
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

Well just disabling minimize to tray should minimize it to the taskbar (I assume thats what you mean by toolbar?)

But not really taking feature requests anymore, not for a year now.
    Hobby-project-time is being dedicated to Grim Dawn projects these days.

Hopefully someone wants to take over the project some day =)

EDIT: See http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...=1#post6236605
    Teknologist is hopefully the new hope of IA:Light
    Last edited by MrPete; Feb 2nd, 2017 at 21:04:07.
    Latest version of Item Assistant: http://ribbs.dreamcrash.org/ialight/

Hi; I've just used ia:light and opened every container on all my characteres just before i read that it's not being developed further anymore. can this version import that database and if so how do i go about?

IA:Light is still being developed.
    I am continuing the project with MrPete's blessing. I'm still getting familiar with the codebase and deciding what needs to be tackled first. I'm working on an issues list and a wish list. Issues will be tackled first followed by the wishes and any new features.
    There are few others that may also pitch in on this project. So it is not dead yet.

AOSpeak Site

Quote Originally Posted by Teknologist View Post
    I have been in communication with MrPete. Although he is not currently doing any work on the project he is happy to let me take a crack at it. I was waiting to have actually had something updated in the code before posting about it, However, since people are talking like IA:Light is dead, I just wanted to you let you know it isn't. I'm reading through the posts to see if there are any useful suggestions and or outstanding issues. I want to tackle the bugs/issues first and then start implementing some new features. Some will be my own ideas and some will be from the suggestions pool. So if anyone has any good or bad suggestions, please let me know! Youcan use the AI:Light forum thread or PM me for now until I set up something for the community.

Dream, I'm not sure what you have in mind for the future of Item Assistant, but I would like to discuss my views as well as add a few more people to the conversation. MrPete has let me know of another who may be interested in collaborating on this project. Perhaps it would be best if we all worked towards a common goal on a single project.
    Hi Tek ... Have you posted an update to AI:Light? I am getting 'an update is available' but it times out before downloading anything.

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Hi Tek ... Have you posted an update to AI:Light? I am getting 'an update is available' but it times out before downloading anything.

Emma
    HI Emma,

Since I don't have access to MrPete's Update site, I will be hosting my own which I have not yet made available. There will necessarily be a manual download and installation of the new version.
    I am currently testing a beta version which is available in the Tech Support channel of the AOSpeak server. Right click the channel and select channel browser. The new version is called AO Assistant.
    Yeah I know its a wierd place for it but it actually makes sense since I hang out in the AOSpeak server frequently and work closely with a lot of the members there. Instant Feedback!

ALL are welcome!!

PS, I am taking feature requests.

I will make a new thread with the announcement of the new version.

AOSpeak Site

I spoke to MrPete. He is going to let me add the new version to his site when it's ready to go live.

We are currently testing a version that has the following changes: (Baby steps!)

• Summary: Last Played time should now show up correctly.
    • Settings: Added Always show in Taskbar.
    • Migrated Data to new user data folder.
    • Refactored some code.

AOSpeak Site

Lightbulb Feature request

I actually do have a feature request, in two parts:

1. Feedback on when a search has completed. Some of these searches take a few seconds, and sometimes it happens so fast that the screen update doesn't even appear to flash.
    2. If I press Enter/Return or F5, run the search again. (I really don't like typing another space into the search box just to run the search again.)

Is there some post I can read up on exactly how the backpack renaming is supposed to work? Everything else seems pretty self-explanatory except that one. I've tried to use it without success.
    Last edited by Psithief; Mar 12th, 2017 at 04:21:50. Reason: prettify post

Quote Originally Posted by Psithief View Post
    I actually do have a feature request, in two parts:

1. Feedback on when a search has completed. Some of these searches take a few seconds, and sometimes it happens so fast that the screen update doesn't even appear to flash.
    2. If I press Enter/Return or F5, run the search again. (I really don't like typing another space into the search box just to run the search again.)

Is there some post I can read up on exactly how the backpack renaming is supposed to work? Everything else seems pretty self-explanatory except that one. I've tried to use it without success.
    Thanks for the great suggestions! Both of these are on the future feature list.
    1. We were planning on adding feedback to the Status bar. Search status will be indicated by a moving status bar.
    2. We were thinking of a Toolbar/Toolstrip with some buttons to shortcuts to things like Refresh. F5 functionality will definitely be added as well. I agree adding a space to search again is not intuitive.

The backpack renaming should work automatically based on Prefixed or suffixed numbers or can be triggered by pressing the Detect New Backpacks button on the settings tab. Alternatively you can manually rename a backpack by select it and pressing F2 or right licking it and selecting rename.
    I prefer to Prefix the names so that you can sort them by name and see the number sequentially. This was a feature I wasn't sure of at first, but after using it, I love it! I do understand the skepticism as I didnt' relish the idea of automatically renaming all my backpacks. We will however consider an option to disable the naming feature for those that may not want to use it.

AOSpeak Site

Ah, it doesn't actually help with moving backpacks between characters. I became confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Psithief View Post
    Ah, it doesn't actually help with moving backpacks between characters. I became confused.
    AO stores the backpack names locally per character. As soon as you put the bag in a trade the name is back to the default.
    It may be theoretically possible to track bags across character transfers with the same account or at least between characters that are in AO Assistant / ItemsLight.
    I will have to think about it a bit. Added to the suggested features list.

AOSpeak Site

AOIA+ already has this feature (that I THINK the OP is getting at!); ie If you rename a backpack (from pressing F2 or double clicking a backpack in the Inventory tree view), then that actual new backpack name will be available across all your toons if you trade that pack across any of them. This at present is just a dirty hack, until I refine the interface for it a lot more, but it's in there already.

Tek: we need to get our heads together to refine and streamline functionality across all these apps
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    AOIA+ already has this feature (that I THINK the OP is getting at!); ie If you rename a backpack (from pressing F2 or double clicking a backpack in the Inventory tree view), then that actual new backpack name will be available across all your toons if you trade that pack across any of them. This at present is just a dirty hack, until I refine the interface for it a lot more, but it's in there already.

Tek: we need to get our heads together to refine and streamline functionality across all these apps
    Yeah I thought so.

We will talk

AOSpeak Site

Another update, found and fixed another minor Date math issue. New version on the AOSpeak server in the Tech Support Channel.

AOSpeak Site

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast