Thread: How to Combat NT's

How to Combat NT's

Good Afternoon Fellow Fixers,

I have been playing (and PvPing) since 2001, but I am curious how to combat NT's at TL7.

Most that I have encountered tend to use 'Garuk's Improved Viral Assault' and 'Izgimmer's Ultimatum', which have 75% and 53% Nano Resist checks, respectively.

I have played around with some ideas, such as using 'Ring of Sister Merciless' and the 'Implode' perk to drain 7800 nano total, since some of their damage goes to their nanopool, but even if I stun them and land everything perfectly, all the while healing myself with long HoT spam and First-Aid kid, I still can't seem to drop a fair amount of NT's.

I understand they are our "Nemesis" profession, but to be COMPLETELY susceptible to them makes me think it might be operator error. Admittedly, I have not been AS active on the PvP scene like I was back in the later 2000's (namely because I have been avoiding raiding with bots and prefer to raid with orgmates and PvP solo in Old Athens), but I don't think there have been any major changes that really turned the odds in our favor or even gave us a fighting chance.

Has anyone else found a slightly more effective strategy?

Only takes a little line of sight abuse and your damage+sustain will beat theirs. Personally I never had problems fighting NTs, being forced to stand still while attacking like NTs have to is a huge fail in design and so very easy to abuse when you're fighting against one.

On the anti-NT Offensive Focus threads I detailed a few ways I use to kill NT's when I'm on my Fixer and Soldier.
    A Defensive Focus NT (which is 99% of what you'll find after the nerf since Off Focus was made nearly useless), has a lot of survivability but relatively low mobility. Root, Snare, Kite. Expect a long fight if the NT's any good and be patient. Apply enough damage to see "Nullity Sphere" or "Nanobot Aegis" in their NCU then snare/root and run off. It's pointless to DD them during this. It's also relatively pointless to bump off 7800 nano on a Defensive Focus NT. We run 28k or higher nanopools and regen more than enough to keep ourselves up as long as we don't use Aegis.. and we'll use it as sparingly as possible.

When I'm on my Soldier what leads me to success is kiting and alpha'ing the NT during their downtime on NS2 and Aegis. It's a short window of extreme vulnerability.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Oct 7th, 2015 at 08:18:01.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Thank you both for your responses.

I was trying to refrain from using the LoS idea, but I understand if it is the only real option we have.

people need to stop thinking kiting is lame or cheating.

I even do it on my keeper ffs, running is a tool not a hack. (running faster than someone else can by using aomh is a hack though ;D)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    people need to stop thinking kiting is lame or cheating.

I even do it on my keeper ffs, running is a tool not a hack. (running faster than someone else can by using aomh is a hack though ;D)
    It is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame :P

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

You do realize that the no kiting/los-ing unwritten rule is only natural progression of an overall unskilled pvp community that tries to degenerate pvp to a level where skill barely ever makes a difference. Play your fixer to it's fullest potential, don't be a noob.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    You do realize that the no kiting/los-ing unwritten rule is only natural progression of an overall unskilled pvp community that tries to degenerate pvp to a level where skill barely ever makes a difference. Play your fixer to it's fullest potential, don't be a noob.
    QFT

I've always laughed at the myriad of "rules" attached to duelling in particular and various other pvp situations. I find it particularly funny when people question balance in the game when half of the available professions are forced to sacrifice a significant proportion of their toolset in order to conform to these "rules".

Just to let it be known, I have no problems with kiting, nor have I stated that I do.

Then why is your first port of call to drain their nanopool instead of run >.>?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    Then why is your first port of call to drain their nanopool instead of run >.>?
    I requested additional tactics to aid in taking them down.

I never mentioned that this was my first action, nor did I mention that I wasn't running while utilizing the ring and hitting the perk.
    Last edited by Bluecheeze2; Oct 9th, 2015 at 06:46:00.

Best tactic against NTs is, of course, LoS/kiting techniques.
    Pretty useful items here are: rings of merciless and pestillence, blind ring, perks that drain nano, root grafts.
    As peeps have already mentioned - idea is to outlive all primary defensive tools of NT, as far as to deal maximum damage to bring nanopool down.

But generally, if NT is skilled and has appropriate items - it's nearly impossible to kill it.

If you have ate3 perked and able to hotswap items (works for opi fixers perfectly and i've used it for years) - you can perk nr1 and swap arith with ofab/css for buffing and to land nanos better. Lots of clicks, but raises efficiency pretty nicely.
    Most of NTs don't CB fixers thinking they have too low NR, so NR setup with nr1 perked might also help. But, as I've said, it's very tricky and takes loads of clicks. Plus, such setup will drop efficiency while against other opponents and in mass PvP.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.