Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will multiboxing ruin Halloween this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    Nah. There are lots of content for new players to do.
    Problem is that all the content is easy when you know what to do and its pure cakewalk when done by experienced players.

It's not about content - it's about playerbase and content-type. Instance-based content works great only in very very populated games. When population is low - everything is friend-based or org-based, and most new players are lacking teams, which leads to very low overall activity and demotivation among new players.
    Instancing isn't the problem. The problem is that old players have no reason to help - and in the case of level-locked dungeons, actively prevented from helping. WoW, FFXIV and other games solved this with random party finders, level syncing and scaled rewards.

New content might not be needed to bring in new players, but it's definitely needed for retaining old ones, and new players aren't going to bother with or stick around an MMO that appears to be dead. Furthermore, new content also gives prospective players the impression that the game is still being cared for. What does it tell someone when they look up AO and see that the last expansion was in 2009?
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

you all are wrong guys,
    because this discussion of what is the problem with ao? why so low populations? has been discussed many many times before and almost everytime the discussion ends with me telling what is the problem.
    the underlying problems that causes ao, low populations, lags, bugs, credits inflations, multibox, people crying, poverty alleviation, aids, cancer etc is fc
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12