Thread: First Impression

First Impression

Please addresses the fundamental problems, e.g. a new planetmap or the possibility to have an overview of the Organization (number of members, online or offline, level and rank).
    These are things that exist in any other game from the outset.
    Only in AO, the players have to do everything self. Many new players can't handle the default map or are scared off of it. I think these points to be improved would help new players and keep them longer too.

Most will now say that these points are not important but I think the first impression is very crucial to attract new players and without new players, AO will die sooner or later.

These basic things should be a priority after the new mid-level content, imho.

A proper map (maybe talk to the AoRK and AoSL folks?), proper Org admin and membership tools that don't involve running a 3rd-party chat bot, proper mission rolling that doesn't involve using a 3rd-party tool for non-frustrating results.. maybe even a more flexible UI with a more modern MMO design though I do love some of the work the community has done (AOU and Dovve's efforts come to mind).

There's a billion small things, some worth fixing, some not worth touching.. I'm confident Michi will do the proper changes in the long run.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

This is a great suggestion.

As far as a timeline is concerned, I would suggest having a better map (such as the aforementioned AOSL/AORK versions) prior to releasing AO on Steam. I would hold off on the organization overview (just thinking like a Project Manager here) because most orgs already have a bot in place which shows the amount of people online, their rank in the organization, and their level/profession. I'd assume that most players would not try to start their own organization and, instead, try to look for an already existing home that can help them grow.

However, after the new mid-level content is in place, I agree that these items should be looked at.