Thread: Mantis Loot drops

Mantis Loot drops

Hi,

I would like to ask that the rare loot for the mantis den get an update in its % chance of dropping. I have been trying to get loot for some of my froobs (Yes I am a subscriber but I have some froobs). These froobs would benefit from some items, namely my doc could do with the Max Nano offered by the Doc Ring. My trader would benefit from the max nano and the max hp from the neck item. My Sol would benefit from the Shoulder pad and my MP could do with the Bracers for the melee energy buff. Since the Mantis Den has been a source of daily mission XP it is quite impossible trying to farm these items without hindering peoples daily mobs. Despite asking people if they are on the daily, I get ignored and out of frustration for competing for the mobs they generally run round to get as many mobs in tow as possible to try and train my low froob alts in turn frustrating me. Another way to deal with this would be to make the mantis den instanced to team giving each team that enters its own instance as opposed to the stupid instancing that generally occurs which ignores team members when choosing instance selected for entry.

Either solution works for me but a general increase in drop rate on :-
    "Deformed Mantidae Antennae",
    "Deformed Mantidae Mandibles",
    "Deformed Mantidae Prothorax" &
    "Deformed Mantidae Coxa"

Would probably be the easiest. Or just take the loot out of the drop rate because theres no point it being there as is.

Wasn't this one of the dungeons affected by the extreme droprate reduction bug that was introduced when they added ergo ring parts to the mid level dungeon loot tables with the SL expansion along with Cyborg Barracks and Steps of Madness?
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

yes it was, and after the daily missions there , the droprate on those items and parts for mantis armor sank to sub 1% chance

It's now so low I genuinely thought they'd been removed from the loot table completely (and I have done a LOT of mantis dailies the last 8 months) until recently.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Thanks for the responses. Another long running bug eh. yeah id noticed they had a really really low % chance of dropping. I know they havent been removed as i saw an antennae drop last week but naturally my doc wasnt on and the 2min corpse timer didnt allow for a log on and loot scenario.

Can anyone confirm how high a ql these drop. Do the ql200 ones drop at all. I know the lower ql can drop from workers/runners etc and someone was telling me this is all that drops but in the database there are ql 200 ones in existence and im sure ive seen a trader's mandibles drop from breeders in the past but I could be remembering wrong. Do the higher ql drop from the Guradians/breeders & Queen?

They are no way OP and wouldnt hurt the game in anyway if they were increased % drop wise and if the higher ql's dont drop, i dont think it could hurt to add them in considering the 1k board is better for traders neck slot hp/nano wise and there are much more op things in use.

Please funcom... These would be such a help to my nano needing froobs and they are in the game to be used.. so lets get some dropping and get some in use. It only makes sense to me

p.s
    Yeha I imagine your kinda snowed under with halloween and new dungeons etc so no stress but I would appreciate it if you could take time to look at it when you get time funcom.

The only way I can even imagine that this droprate bug still exists is that there must not be anyone left from the pre SL times to know that the current droprate is wrong.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Yeah I certainly never saw the drops pre SL. I didnt start untill after the froob program kicked off. Jan 05 I think I first landed on rk. I think it probably still exists due to once going paid, most paid members dont tend to worry about their froobs outside using them as bank mules and in-house buff stations. Paid chars dont fall under the same limitations as froobs and (personally anyway) dont tend to struggle with nano, especially to the same extent so it probably hasnt been a factor. So its possibly only really froobs who might need these and obviously they cant post to report and/or complain about it.

Still... would be nice to see a fix.