Thread: ability torearrange toon on char select

ability torearrange toon on char select

title says it all. as a self proclaimed ocd, this bothers me alot. it cant be THAT hard to implement, can it?
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

Is easier to treat your ocd than expect something from funcom
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

theyve been doing things for the past year tho. theres no reason they wouldnt hotfix this in the next path or two.

the question is how hard it is to implement and is it really a simple change or not imo.
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

They're arranged, probably, by character ID right now. In the UI, it might be some kind of form in some kind of internal markup language (actually the rest of the game UI is like XML so probably that?) with values filled in by fetching data, which is probably always returned in order of character ID. I kinda wonder now if the login screen is a UI module that can be rewritten client-side by users...

It's like 3 lines of code but it's too hard for funcom
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

I doubt its too hard but its not really something to prioritize and not something to even focus on. In most of the mmo's i play you cannot rearrange the order of how your toon sits on character select. There is XML code you can play with.

I believe this is the file. Back it up, get Notepad++ and play around with it.

C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\XXXXXXX\Anarchy Online\Prefs\CharacterViewer.xml

Yeah, edit that file and arrange to suit yourfancy.. Did that on day one
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

so i just move the code dedicated to one character up or down in that file to move it up or down in char select screen and thats it? dont know the first thing about xml..

ive been playing around with that file, and i think all it does is determine the look of your characters and has nothing to do with the order of them.

i dont think this is something that can be done on the client side.