Thread: Snare = root

Snare = root

This has affected npcs and pets for forever.

Please fix it already.

Doesn't matter that I have 65% snare resist on pets, perk snares land every time.
    Last edited by Tsuniko; Oct 21st, 2015 at 19:14:00.

I hope it doesn't change for mobs, but, maybe pets should have higher runspeed (or always equal to that of the player) so this just snares them instead of giving them negative runspeed?

Not sure how pets work exactly but they're meant to have 125% of the player's runspeed at the time of summon. It might be that pets technically don't have a runspeed value and anything reducing it makes it negative.

Either way, needs to be fixed. I've tested this and even a 400 snare can root a pet that technically has over 2k runspeed.

Bug since I started in 2005, cmon gaiz someone must have looked into a little.

I think after a decade of being crucial in several PvP matchups and important in many PvM encounters, this isn't really a bug.

it's not needed anywhere and it destroy's pet classes chance in having even slightly even footing against certain profs

Which pet classes would have a chance against which profs because of this change?

anything with snare peks basically

enf, agent, all profs using shotgun

You're post makes me feel like you aren't using the Pet Attention nano. Every 5 seconds you get to break all snares, roots and mezzs on both pets. Most snares and roots in the game come in at a 3 sec recharge or more. Toss in Coherent Polarized Screening during pvp and they are a non-issue. It's easier for someone with high run speed to just kite my pets in a circle then it is to try and snare or root them.