Thread: Patching failed

Patching failed

Have to reinstall AO, apparently. I'm not going to bother setting up all those character preferences again, is there a way to find where they are and copy them to new install?

Quote Originally Posted by Painolympics View Post
    Have to reinstall AO, apparently. I'm not going to bother setting up all those character preferences again, is there a way to find where they are and copy them to new install?
    Hmmm I didn't run into any issues with my patch of the Old and New engine here in regards to preferences, but I feel for you!

For my machine it is under:
    C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\Your Client Install ID\Anarchy Online

So something like:
    C:\Users\codemonkey\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\433562c64\Anarchy Online

It might be on another drive depending on your configuration but that should get you in the right place. The AppData and Local folders may be hidden folders, but you can still access them.

Under this 'root' folder is your Prefs folder, which contains all the usernames you have and their individual character settings/prefs. Also might want to ZIP up the preferences folder altogether so you have a backup snapshot

I even make a newbie character in its most basic form, with all my windows preferences as a template and simple copy that folder out of the Prefs as 'Char_Template'. Then when I make a new guy I just hit Shift-F9 in game to see their CharacterId (which will be their folder name in windows), and then copy this 'Char_Template' folder over that new characters folder. Saves a lot of hassle if you have alt-itis like me

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by codemonkey; Oct 27th, 2015 at 15:54:29.

I found the directory for the char_prefs but didn't even end up needing them. It was fine, I still had to reinstall because the dbdebug.dll file had something wrong, but turned out okay. thanks though.