Thread: ACs in PvP

ACs in PvP

Let's make this matter again

up to 10k it works as normal and after should have 1/3 efficiency.

How does it currently work?
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

Seems that there is a cap at 10k if I'm reading it right.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

There is no AC cap.
    You'll only notice high ACs being more effective than ~6k ACs on perks, as weapons don't have a massive damage spread like they used to in the days of yore.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Wasn't the case that perks didn't check AC's at all since it counted as nano damage or something like that?

So basically, you can get all players weapons to hit for minimum damage but you can't change anything past that in terms of incoming damage (except for MA fists). So it's not that AC's are capped but that they serve no use after a certain value since it never reduces it below minimum damage.

Been a while since I was playing the game so information could be mixed up.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Ah that's what I'm thinking of, nano damage is not mitigated by ACs, which in all fairness it should be.

Although ACs should apply before PvP damage to balance that out, otherwise ACs become too powerful

The problem is deep rooted.

In reality, if the programmers had used some more forethought we wouldn't have such a great stat become so bloody useless.

The way it *SHOULD* have been is AC's should have come into effect after every other modifier, before absorbs.

And then never implemented a PVP reduction or PVP caps.

min-max damage should be a random roll, then add dmg, then crit modifiers to figure out maximum potential damage.

Then from there start the reductions:

Evasion first
    reflects second
    AC's third
    absorb last
    the remainder is subtracted from health

And all armour should have an efficiency rating which is gradually depleted for every hit taken.

e.g. a set of QL 300 Penultimate Ofab Enforcer armour should sustain 5 million damage proportioned according to slot (i.e. 25% chest, 15% head, 20% legs, 15% shoulders, 5% each arm, 8% hands, 7% feet if facing opponent, 30% head, 30% back, 15% shoulders, 20% legs, 10% arms, 10% feet if kiting/reversed)

And each hit, i.e. you sustain 1.2M damage in a fight, so your armor is only 1-(1.2M/5M) ~ 76% effective at the end.

And obviously, the efficacy reduces mitigation and AC rating.

So if that enforcer started with 20000 AC's, by the end of the fight it's only worth 15200AC's.

That way, everything is so intuitive and makes far more sense.

And yes, obviously there would be nanobots casts which would repair AC's (trader/engi type roles).

Anyway, I don't know what the easy fix for this is, but AC's used to be (and still are at TL1-4) valuable. The main problem is minimum damage is completely borked, and AC's have been relegated to near complete disuse since they don't stop the arguably most important stat in game: add dmg

Why the weird math after 10k? Some professions are just fitting the roll to boost there AC as a legit way to mitigate damage as they lack in other area's (and some would become to powerful but then that should be looked at and not the AC mechanics it selves). I think AC's are working perfectly fine and should matter again, except they currently don't as they could for the fact that all end game weapons have gotten ridiculous high minimum damage to start with. All the stacking from add damage went on top of that…

Yeah I think ACs should at least counteract +damage, min damage should stay as it is though.