Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea on how to break broadcasted TAB for MB in Mass-PvP

Exclamation Idea on how to break broadcasted TAB for MB in Mass-PvP

Here are my 2 Cent on the Problem of 3rd Party Software for Keystroke Broadcast

To my best knowledge the current TAB will first target the closest Enemy to your Location and then Work up its way wider away ( correct me if im wrong pls ) , now as long as a MB has its Slave-Toons close enough to the Leader-Toon Pressing TAB on Leader the broadcasted TAB on Slaves will result in same Target.

Basic Idea :
    TAB gets a ( limited ) random Number Generator attached that kicks in if a the Tabbed Target would be a Player/Player-Pet/Social/Pet / Towers.

The random Number could be set to anything , for this Example i use + / - 4 :

The Target it gives you will be one of these : Closest Enemy , the 4 Toons you would have tabbed after him , the 4 last Toons you would have tabbed before a Cycle is completed .
    If there are enough Toons/Pets/Towers/Socialpets in the Vincinity its will become a Matter of sheer luck for the MB to have more than 2 Toons on the same Victim.

To compare :

Old Tab :
    Press Tab & Broadcast to 5 Slaves, get closest Enemy , up to 6 Toons on same Victim , press Alphastrike-Keybind .... dead Meat..... next Target

Randomized Tab :
    Press Tab & Broadcast to 5 Slaves, random 1/9th Chance to get closest enemy & Broadcasted TAB spreads the 5 Slaves randomly onto 9 Possible Victims , press Alphastrike Keybind .... damn Target is still alive .....wtf??????

Least likely Targets in old Killchain 4 3 2 1 > Intented Target under old Killchain < 1 2 3 4 next in old Killchain

Now for small Events where just a handfull of Toons on each side is present this wont help much but Towers/Tara should see a positive change
    Last edited by Dollcet; Dec 10th, 2015 at 17:03:18.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

So basically you want to f*** up all the melee toons
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

This would solve multibox tabing....

But.. multiboxers already use exploits to get pseudo assist...

and regular players need targeting that works aswell.

This would seriously mess up targeting for everyone and only stop non-exploiting multiboxers... that already behave nicely mostly and dont cause trouble.

I imagine a game without tabing... but how would it work to target a tiny ass agent hiding behind stuff? Then we'd have agent-pvp in AO only.. safety through size...

But as long as multiboxing is supported by Funcom... why change anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Well its not without Sacrifice , Melee is more likely to get a out of Range Target than Ranged but in all honesty ever since LE most Melee-Prof who dont have 10 Meters Perkrange like Funcom´s Lovechild are badly missplaced in any PvP Enviroment anyhow.

Its either this lil bitter Pill or you can keep enduring being Instacalled & Instagibbed ....
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    This would solve multibox tabing....

But.. multiboxers already use exploits to get pseudo assist...
    Well okay if there is a exploit Way to get Target ....... PM me since we cant openly discuss it on Forum , i only tell FC how to break stuff if i have a Idea how it works.....
    -----
    -----
    -there are free Players

This is all really interesting but we all know FC should fix the retarded placeholders on RK bosses first, expecially the mecenaries.

Yours truly,
    Herpi derpi

Quote Originally Posted by Heresiarch View Post
    This is all really interesting but we all know FC should fix the retarded placeholders on RK bosses first, expecially the mecenaries.

Yours truly,
    Herpi derpi
    Lol okay totally out of Topic but i wholeheartly agree , killing Placeholder aint funny , up the Spawnchance from 20% to 80% .
    -----
    -----
    -there are free Players

not a good idea

You need to somehow break multiboxing without screwing regular players over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post
    Well okay if there is a exploit Way to get Target ....... PM me since we cant openly discuss it on Forum , i only tell FC how to break stuff if i have a Idea how it works.....
    I don't know... I just felt it on my poor hide at some tara some time ago.. But haven't seen those clan multi-boxers since... so maybe they were caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Heresiarch View Post

Yours truly,
    Herpi derpi

WELL This first. Mboxing < Placeholders to spawn good stuff. All old lewt that not many poeple use should get epic nice droprate, so we can build up our froob accounts for fun. Gif!
    Last edited by Cratertina; Nov 8th, 2015 at 20:02:16.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Honestly, Funcom just have to enforce their own EULA identically for everyone, not just for "selected" persons.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

nah, FCs response will be to just change the EULA

Why on earth would they change the RK bosses Placeholder spawn rate? Its fine. Your supposed to have to work and invest time to get them to spawn, not just kill a PH then boss in 10 min, loot and leave.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

How come none of the wellknown MB responds to this ... ?

Did i hit Bullseye , everybody afraid response would wake the sleeping Dragon ?
    -----
    -----
    -there are free Players

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_O_notation

adding a rng to the base of assist function raises the big 0 complexity,
    the software will also have to save which alts have been targetted so rng doesnt target same person again and again. If you push this values to a array, or object, it adds another layer of big 0 complexity.
    just these 2 variables added in Plus the game scaling its unknown what would happen. also there are more things that add complexity that i dont see yet.
    www.codeacademy.com - your journey to fix ao should start here. Mine did.
    thats cause you dont need to know how to code to multibox, so most of mbers are unqualified to answer this.
    Last edited by Soju; Dec 10th, 2015 at 17:31:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_O_notation

adding a rng to the base of assist function raises the big 0 complexity,
    the software will also have to save which alts have been targetted so rng doesnt target same person again and again. If you push this values to a array, or object, it adds another layer of big 0 complexity.
    just these 2 variables added in Plus the game scaling its unknown what would happen. also there are more things that add complexity that i dont see yet.
    www.codeacademy.com - your journey to fix ao should start here. Mine did.
    thats cause you dont need to know how to code to multibox, so most of mbers are unqualified to answer this.
    *insert very confused Face*

Sorry Soju but that Stuff is too advanced for me.
    -----
    -----
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post
    *insert very confused Face*

Sorry Soju but that Stuff is too advanced for me.
    hmm think of it like this.

when you have an existing function, and you add a feature to it, you are making that function more complex. Each time you make a function more complex, it makes the runtime of that function longer. The longer run time is not in a linear fashion example if you add 1 by 1 feature it does not progress like 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, etc speed to the run time. The multiplier can be 10x, 100x, 1000x, depending on scaling.

https://youtu.be/60G0khj8zNY

What soju means is that when you have multiple accounts (multibox), the more accounts you run the harder it is to control and play the game. Basically for multiboxers it becomes very very very very hard (very count depends on scaling).

p.s. By the way I like jokes.
    Just finished setting up prefs and client crashed.

Also to note, lets say funcom's rumored single dev that is working on 5 legacy games finds a solution to the multibox targetting problem. Another problem arises. funcom's single dev is outnumbered. There are quite a few very talented hackers and developers playing this game and i can see a workaround being created quickly. Its the same as virus and anti virus. a perpetual war will start with no end, each side trying to 1 up each other.

I want pvp in mb to stop. I dont participate in mb pvp, but i get harassed all the time for it still. example yesterday i was just doing my normal thing standing afk in bori Single logged. letah runs up to me and calls me multibox scum. I dont even talk to you letah, i dont know who u are, why u gotta run me down and talk trash to me? This type of behavior from SALTY pvp'ers is almost a daily harassment for me. Its been over a year and a half since my mb guide went up.

"Tower of Warping".

Randomly warps any player in its range to a random coordinate also within its range. Could use the red and white beam effect showing where a player was plucked from and where they spawned.

Would make tower PvP hilarious and will Seriously screw up any PvP MB's game without destroying the rest of the game.
    Last edited by Krause; Dec 10th, 2015 at 18:44:00.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast