Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idea on how to break broadcasted TAB for MB in Mass-PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    "Tower of Warping".

Randomly warps any player in its range to a random coordinate also within its range. Could use the red and white beam effect showing where a player was plucked from and where they spawned.

Would make tower PvP hilarious and will Seriously screw up any PvP MB's game without destroying the rest of the game.
    I seem to have vague memory of a similar mechanic plaguing mass pvp for years and everyone absolutely loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    Also to note, lets say funcom's rumored single dev that is working on 5 legacy games finds a solution to the multibox targetting problem. Another problem arises. funcom's single dev is outnumbered. There are quite a few very talented hackers and developers playing this game and i can see a workaround being created quickly. Its the same as virus and anti virus. a perpetual war will start with no end, each side trying to 1 up each other.
    Once Funcom takes any countermeasure like this that can only be broken by using a Counter-Hack ( or however you wanna name it ) its very easy to NOT chalk up 15 Toons instantly Spam 1 Dude in exact same Order 4 Times ( as you can see on Picture in that closed down Thread ) with " he was long long enough in Zone for everybody to pretarget him " Bullcrap.
    ... Report....
    ... GM/ARK/Queen Mum for all i care....
    .... views Log , checks and hands out Punishment .

Simple.
    Last edited by Dollcet; Dec 11th, 2015 at 00:02:30.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    I want pvp in mb to stop. I dont participate in mb pvp, but i get harassed all the time for it still. example yesterday i was just doing my normal thing standing afk in bori Single logged. letah runs up to me and calls me multibox scum. I dont even talk to you letah, i dont know who u are, why u gotta run me down and talk trash to me? This type of behavior from SALTY pvp'ers is almost a daily harassment for me. Its been over a year and a half since my mb guide went up.
    well, clan "pvpers" think that every MB is made for pvp only :P
    Ciassene

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    I seem to have vague memory of a similar mechanic plaguing mass pvp for years and everyone absolutely loving it.
    What, people training General Nirtox to PW tower battles? Because that was hilarious
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

a 3 second AOE fear that was a general nano (i.e. everyone can use it) that does the following:

1. 100% lands on 5m AOE
    2. clears snares, roots, stuns in area
    3. causes all affected players to run in random directions away from the starting position
    4. puts a 5s snare on all affected targets after fear ends
    5. has a 45s cooldown on anyone affected

Add that, then you see a MB PVP in the field, fire the fear, the PVP box runs in all directions which greatly inhibits tab coordination and coordination in general, everyone charges, the snare stops the box from reforming rapidly.

that's easily enough time for a reasonably well coordinated attack team to seriously disrupt a box, and for regular PVP it will barely make a difference.

Another horrible idea to annoy players...
    The main problem is FC policy that allows it !

It is like all sport federations and olympic commitee allowed drugs and anabolic steroids in sport and you were advising them to teach honest sportsmen how to reduce gap to those who take drugs.
    As long as FC allows multiboxing all such sugestions are totaly stupid and there are no reasons to implement them.

First thing and goal should be to "force" FC to acknowledge that MB (at least in pvp) is a bannable offence and it is officially announced by FC (with some grace period) in new/modified EULA.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

The actual question is: Cui bono? What are the motives behind that? Is it just for "winning", or is there something else behind it? In the case of "must win!" it won't be easy as has been discussed already, especially if you don't want to break anyone elses game experience. In other cases it sometimes helps just to give different options to reach the goal, where "negative interactions" with other players can be avoided.

On a related note check out this talk (also available on youtube).

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post
    Once Funcom takes any countermeasure like this that can only be broken by using a Counter-Hack ( or however you wanna name it ) its very easy to NOT chalk up 15 Toons instantly Spam 1 Dude in exact same Order 4 Times ( as you can see on Picture in that closed down Thread ) with " he was long long enough in Zone for everybody to pretarget him " Bullcrap.
    ... Report....
    ... GM/ARK/Queen Mum for all i care....
    .... views Log , checks and hands out Punishment .

Simple.
    Problem, you can't prove MB. You can't prove it's not just someone multi logged with split screens just moving and clicking mouse 5 times in 3 sec. You can't prove it isn't 5 people on laptops all sitting in same starbucks on wifi. You can speculate and assume but it's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

Just think about this, tower defenders in same org all zone it at exact same location using grid. They all hit TAB and get closest target to them. Working as intended. Does that mean it must have been a MB?

Some of the suggestions for randomizing TAB are silly. Especially screwing melee toons. The random tab generator makes me target someone who is out of range on other side of towers instead of guy next to me. Brilliant.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Disclaimer: I don't see multiboxing as an issue in itself. I don't multibox but I don't mind others doing it. In PVM it makes perfect sense with the current population in some timezones. In PVP it's only meaningfully used in NW which can be promptly fixed by revamping NW in number of ways that have already been suggested ad nauseam.

The major issues with every negative "solution" to multiboxing I've seen so far (by negative I mean it would impact non-multiboxers as much or more than multiboxers, like /assist and /follow changes) is.. they don't work and will eventually rely on FC actually banning PVP Multiboxing on the EULA, which is atm seems highly unlikely (why wasn't it done yet if that's the intention?)

How to actually "solve" multiboxing, from the POV of a person that understands the technical and resource-hogging aspect of the solutions:

Option 1 - Ban it in the EULA and have Customer Support/GMs deal with it - Seems to not be wanted by FC and I personally think it would be a very dumb move for the company to take. But it's what the anti-MB crowd should be going for, really. The problem with it is it'll take significant time and work from whoever's trying to police this and there might just not be enough to do it right now.

Option 2 - Fix the underlying population issues that made Multiboxing an issue to some (not all, by any means) in the first place. This would be the best avenue as it would help every single aspect of the game.. How to do it without new €€ investment in FC for new models/textures/audio/engine optimization/content design? No idea. I'm not a game designer.

Option 3 (this one wouldn't fix as much as alleviate the perceived problems) - Change mechanics to cater more to AoE combat, as described in a recent thread by McKnuckle that you all should go check out). Like that it could be easier to short-range CC and kill a bunch of characters, regardless of MB or not. It wouldn't fix things because MB'ers can eventually learn how to be in a formation instead of in a blob, like they have done in WoW and other games.

Most other "solutions" I've seen in the past few years revolve around things that often would benefit MB'ers more than anyone else but people don't see it until it's too late.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Is it even used much in 220 NW PvP?

Most multiboxers I see seem to just be a bunch of low level twinks. And when you get down to it, low level twinking is all about out screwing over the opposition. I don't see much difference between 220 accounts making a dedicated low level with items/twinking gear a person that level would never have access too, letting you crush any non twink like ants and someone with even More dedication creating multiple low level twinks to crush normal twinks like ants. Its like a Smurf in LoL getting mad that he is facing a team that has 2 Smurfs using Vent.
    Last edited by Krause; Dec 12th, 2015 at 06:51:49.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

OBSOLETE Idea.

See Awikun´s Post over here for a much much better Solution http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...tiboxes-in-PvP

Please lock the Thread.
    Last edited by Dollcet; May 16th, 2016 at 17:03:39.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

I will always +1 that tower of warping idea. Even if not to fix mb, like you say it would be hilarious and ****e up pvp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12