Thread: Color Blind mode.

Color Blind mode.

So we did pyramid with a tank. We told the tank to watch for red or green and jump in green. Tank died. Ask him if he jumped into green. He told us he didn't know because he his red green colorblind. Can we maybe get a colorblind mode added to the game?

i dont know what they should answer to this, a very special thing..
    this post kinda just forces you to give the dev's a task they dont realy ned to stand with.

you know you can make team macro? it blinks green 5 times and red 5 times, so ... he can read if hes color blind yes?
    Last edited by Sancus; Nov 13th, 2015 at 09:12:47.

As for a colorblind option, I see this in more modern day fps/mmo's and games in general. I think this just wouldn't be feasible with this game and the supporting staff. I do not know a ton about being color blind but I believe there are several different types of color blindness. So what might work for your friend may not work with someone else's vision. So even making a small color or gray scale tweak might not be beneficial at all, especially if the developers know little about color blindness either. Not saying its is not doable or reasonable but I think it would be huge time investment that would yield little return.
    Last edited by Sancus; Nov 13th, 2015 at 09:15:26.

Does anyone know if SweetFX could be used to switch colour palettes ?
    If so, we could always help make a config for colour blind people.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Please stay on topic and leave all offensive comments out, as far I can see this is a thread discussing a fix for those whose colorblind.
    Guardian Sancus
    Community Relations Department
    Public Forums Moderator
    Forum Social Guidelines | ARK Website | Anarchy Online Website | Funcom Customer Support | E-Mail Sancus

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Does anyone know if SweetFX could be used to switch colour palettes ?
    If so, we could always help make a config for colour blind people.
    There are SweetFX colorblind correction shaders available. I can't test them for effectiveness myself but I'll gladly assist anyone who IS colorblind and has any trouble setting this up for testing.

It will only work with the new engine, though.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Well Snooker used to be televised in black and white, with the aid of commentators it was watchable for everyone, I think the most likely "fix" for anyone with colour impaired vision would be from a sweetFX tweak, rather than from the FC team possibly easier too, I'll look into it sometime.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Don't the green and the red change names as well? Look for the name not the color? Not 100% on this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Don't the green and the red change names as well? Look for the name not the color? Not 100% on this though.
    Yeah i belive they do, good idea there
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

By including patterns, silhouetted shapes, inside the colors - or by having other indicators (spatial, like an American traffic light) - you can bypass the need for major changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"