Thread: Drop NODROP tag or reduce skill cost

Drop NODROP tag or reduce skill cost

I would like to see the NODROP tag removed from some items or the tradeskills required to make them reduced. I was disgusted to discover that my MP will be unable to make a ql 300 Nano Controller Unit due to the high skill cost needed - it requires 1800 in both Chemistry and Electrical Engineering to make which my MP is over 1200 short in both. However, my engineer would be able to make the item, but with the NODROP tag she cant pass it to the MP. This has to limit which professions can make and use the item which makes it a bit unbalanced in the end. Please fix this asap. It's ridiculous set up this way. Thank you.
    ~*~Vamp~*~

2x Science Lab Machine, Arith + better in-slot TS gear, at least Betas, TS HUD/UTILs, UF perk line, tutoring device, buffs.

2x 160 + 210 (I'm lazy, excluding rings, etc), 209 EE / 262 Chem (to lazy to do trickle, perks, other slots.), 212 EE / 182 Chem, 160 Chem, +50 EE, 145 EE / 70 Chem.

1145 EE / 1204 Chem.

That's without trickle (about 250 from naked NM MP @ 220 with all research done and perks in abilities), more focused items etc.

That's really not much IP to spend, which you'll IPR anyway once complete, just like everyone before has done.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by vampdragos3 View Post
    This has to limit which professions can make and use the item which makes it a bit unbalanced in the end. Please fix this asap. It's ridiculous set up this way. Thank you.
    Balance doesn't necessarily mean everyone has access to the same thing. I don't think it's unreasonable for a heavy investment in TS (at sacrifice elsewhere) to be rewarded.

And rather than being melodramatic, did you work out what ql nano controller you can build with your ts capabilities and compare it to the ql300? You may not have lost as much benefit as you think.

Invest ip do the tradeskilling reset ip end of story

Quote Originally Posted by Auct View Post
    Balance doesn't necessarily mean everyone has access to the same thing. I don't think it's unreasonable for a heavy investment in TS (at sacrifice elsewhere) to be rewarded.

And rather than being melodramatic, did you work out what ql nano controller you can build with your ts capabilities and compare it to the ql300? You may not have lost as much benefit as you think.
    I agree with opening post on this one. Everyone always makes this item and then resets tradeskill (unless needed anyway ofc). You need to be aware that this item in particular needs making when you are resetting ip spending at end game.

Therefore there is no ip investment to use, just a lost reset point.

Either:
    Do away with the high tradeskill requirement.
    Make the item yes drop as suggested.
    or
    Make the item go oe if you don't have the level of tradeskill that was required to make (not ideal)

I disagree with these items being tradeable.
    Players worked their ass of to make these for years, they went thru IPR's, PR, and getting everything back on from 0.
    Just because you're lazy enough not to do it?
    FC benefits from this as well so gl with it
    We're takers, gents. That's what we do for a living. We take!!!