Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Give us 151-174 battlestation? and level 170 to be attackable by 214? balance??

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    I've never found a GA disk. A level 150 can blitz level 250 find missions.
    I used to blitz missions for shop fodder for credits in order to buy the items I couldn't farm myself.
    Also, this was back in 2005~2006, and it's still doable to this day.
    Just out of curiosity, which came first? Your first TL6-7 toon or your 150 twink? Because if you are sitting here trying to tell the readers that you first played AO with the intention of making a 150 twink and NOT getting to end game, well I suppose that is possible.

Although highly improbable that you spent weeks-months making blood plasma and selling shop loot to buy all your twinks symbs that you couldnt farm yourself on that 150 toon that wasnt a twink yet from pen-inf. But what do I know, it is totally believable that you solo farmed all your twink gear on your 150 solo, without any funding from your tl7's. Even though that would make a LOT more sense that you bought and farmed with your tl7's to speed up the process.

No no I think you have convinced me that your 150 non twink was able to blitz through ql 250 missions for twink implants and survive more than 2-3 hits before reclaim. So you were extremely lucky to never ever get a locked door of course. Or ranged mobs that just shoot you or root you. Yeap that makes sooo much more sense what was I thinking by doubting your honesty.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

when i made Lequack my 170 ma twink i ownt no endgame tl 7 alts.
    also why are you even discussing this? what does bs changes realy have to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    when i made Lequack my 170 ma twink i ownt no endgame tl 7 alts.
    also why are you even discussing this? what does bs changes realy have to do with this?
    As far as BS changes my post wasnt to you, but since you jumped into an "A-B" convo ill help you "C" your way out of it.

Im convinced our definitions of twinks probably vary, but it's awesome that you were able to solo farm all your gimps I mean imps and symbs on a 170ma. Or at the very least farm gms after buying credits. That does take skill, kudos to you. Must be nice to survive tara for a dchest vs all the 220's. Better yet how many city raids did it take to get the exact ql drops bio-mats for combined armor? Must be magic.

I noticed you said, "no ENDGAME tl 7 alts". Does that mean you had tl7 alts to farm that were not endgame, but had access to endgame content for loot rights?

Of course not instead you leveled from 1 up to 170 and just decided to stop leveling your only toon and take a few weeks to farm credits to twink it out for pvp on the BS. Like screw 220 and end game raids! Riiiiight.

Obviously some folks post just to argue, sometimes myself included, but if you are gonna try to honestly say you can farm from a tl5 the same gear I can farm on a 220... You should be a politician.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    As far as BS changes my post wasnt to you, but since you jumped into an "A-B" convo ill help you "C" your way out of it.

Im convinced our definitions of twinks probably vary, but it's awesome that you were able to solo farm all your gimps I mean imps and symbs on a 170ma. Or at the very least farm gms after buying credits. That does take skill, kudos to you. Must be nice to survive tara for a dchest vs all the 220's. Better yet how many city raids did it take to get the exact ql drops bio-mats for combined armor? Must be magic.

I noticed you said, "no ENDGAME tl 7 alts". Does that mean you had tl7 alts to farm that were not endgame, but had access to endgame content for loot rights?

Of course not instead you leveled from 1 up to 170 and just decided to stop leveling your only toon and take a few weeks to farm credits to twink it out for pvp on the BS. Like screw 220 and end game raids! Riiiiight.

Obviously some folks post just to argue, sometimes myself included, but if you are gonna try to honestly say you can farm from a tl5 the same gear I can farm on a 220... You should be a politician.
    As much as your response is filled with some level of vitriol, and I don't want to be the next target of it, I do need to add one objective recollection.

When I was levelling my first 220, back in 2008 or whatever it was, I had a friend, Pizzled, whom I played with very often. And he introduced me to AI raiding. We raided, and raided, and raided, and raided, and raided, and raided some more.

During that time I raided with him because we were friends, and he was teaching me a bit about the game. Unfortunately, I didn't have a clue why we were raiding, but I did eventually figure out that he was building some sweet armour, and since he gave me a Dchest, I was pretty stoked. The point is, I guess, that you don't actually have to be 220 to earn credits. You actually just have to stop levelling, and find an activity that you can generate credits doing.

Is the acquisition rate as good as at 220?

Unlikely. But then the time required to outfit a toon who is capable of the content is very short at 154 (that's the level I was when I was raiding), compared to 220. Notably, as well, this was before LE research. Oh, and before anyone says anything, yes, I sucked goat **** back then. I didn't know the -crit on ES was -crit against you... so I thought I would lose crit % by perking ES. So I died a lot in AI raids - hence the 400+ AI deaths on my main.

BS and level ranges are not very bad now however I have nothing against changing them to reflect TL ranges as it was already suggested.

What really need fixing is tower wars mechanics in such a way that we get rid of 2 major problems:
    1. Characters higher than max level of field should not be able to enter any "hot" towerfield.
    2. Any character fighting towers should not be able to wear any buffs casted by character higher than max level of towerfield.

How to do it?
    I have an idea for excellent sollution to both of those problems:
    Once a towerfiled becomes hot borders around that filed become a "zoning portal" and only character below max level of towerfiled can zone/enter
    When any character zone inside hot towerfiled area it is first moved to decontamination zone (same as in BS), all buffs are cleared and he can stay there for a maximum of 5 minutes to buff up or leave earlier.
    Also whenever any character is killed inside hot towerfield then when he zone back to decontamination room he is forced to stay minimum 5 minutes after 1st kill, then 10 minutes after 2nd kill and 15 minutes after 3rd kill.
    That mechanics would make "infinite" coming back impossible and allow that side with more skill and not more numbers would win the fight.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Just out of curiosity, which came first? Your first TL6-7 toon or your 150 twink? Because if you are sitting here trying to tell the readers that you first played AO with the intention of making a 150 twink and NOT getting to end game, well I suppose that is possible.

Although highly improbable that you spent weeks-months making blood plasma and selling shop loot to buy all your twinks symbs that you couldnt farm yourself on that 150 toon that wasnt a twink yet from pen-inf. But what do I know, it is totally believable that you solo farmed all your twink gear on your 150 solo, without any funding from your tl7's. Even though that would make a LOT more sense that you bought and farmed with your tl7's to speed up the process.

No no I think you have convinced me that your 150 non twink was able to blitz through ql 250 missions for twink implants and survive more than 2-3 hits before reclaim. So you were extremely lucky to never ever get a locked door of course. Or ranged mobs that just shoot you or root you. Yeap that makes sooo much more sense what was I thinking by doubting your honesty.
    My main was about 150~160 when I rolled my first serious alt, which was my Fixer.
    That Fixer paid for itself, and my main's gear that needed to be bought.

Blitzing animas and battlesuits, player specific items like nanos or weapons, and occassionally doing team missions when I could to blitz bosses for general crap and CRU (which back then was worth decent money).
    It took time, I was making around 40M/hour on my Fixer back when I could play 4~5 hours a night, and ql300 combined was around 280~300M a piece.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    As much as your response is filled with some level of vitriol, and I don't want to be the next target of it, I do need to add one objective recollection.

When I was levelling my first 220, back in 2008 or whatever it was, I had a friend, Pizzled, whom I played with very often. And he introduced me to AI raiding. We raided, and raided, and raided, and raided, and raided, and raided some more.
    Well at least you are honest. You basically said you farmed while you were leveling your first 220. Its not vitriol its frustration.

You aren't trying to say you were a special player that on your very first toon you stopped leveling at 150 because you knew exactly what to farm for max credits, and was able to blitz ql250 missions with an untwinked 150. I mean seriously... come on man. Just stop it already.

Now of course, all this is possible, but not very plausible for a player to accomplish with their very first toon SOLO. I have a twinked 150MA for s10. AI armor, symbs, +10 ring, and some nice inf/pen loots. Mesh/icy shoulders. Would have been IMPOSSIBLE, repeat IMPOSSIBLE for me to farm those items solo to make it a good twink. I do not know if I could blitz a 250 mission with that fulled decked out 150 with out getting hit 3-4x by an ace mob and sent to reclaim. And that was not my first toon, that I was learning to play the game with.

The main problem is no matter what 90% of the posters say on these forums they don't give a rats butt about AO and balance, only about what is affecting them personally and how to QQ enough to effect change. This thread started about pvp lvl ranges, look at those posts and tell me if the level ranges were reduced so someones precious twink didnt get smashed by a higher lvl twink what would happen? You wouldnt get BS to even run. Or everyone would have to have nearly the exact same lvl toons for towers. My goodness am I the crazy one because I think all this is extremely short sighted?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Seems like this discussion have ran partly of course, try and stick to the topic please.
    As far i can see this thread is about the higher levels being able to attack the lower, not about what you can and cannot solo at a certain level.
    Guardian Sancus
    Community Relations Department
    Public Forums Moderator
    Forum Social Guidelines | ARK Website | Anarchy Online Website | Funcom Customer Support | E-Mail Sancus

Low BS occupancy still so I think the level ranges are fine, except maybe merge 201-220 to the same range. It makes pretty much everyone happy. 201-214s get to level and casual PVP:ers get finally to farm someone instead of being farmed themselves, so there's finally incentive to join for massive amount of casual 220s. Hardcore PVP:rs get to farm casuals and can even leave the lowbies alone if they so choose to. Would see bigger battles and more kills.

Also runspeed would still need some boost at BS lvl 150 and below.
    Also make BS signable and able to view the queue from every city (maybe GMI terminal?) so it isn't used as a form of transportation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123