Thread: DirectX9 on Win 10

DirectX9 on Win 10

Hi all,

Having a bit of drama after buying a new laptop (Win 10). Installed the new engine and I'm greeted with the message 'Cannot locate DirectX 9.0' upon trying to open the launcher. I have re-installed DirectX 12 and also tried to re-install the run-times for 9 with no success.

I've been away from AO for some time so I may have missed something about Win 10 and AO. Can anyone help with this issue? And/or can I still run the old client?

Thanks
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

there are multiple versions of dx9, this is the one that seems to work https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down...n.aspx?id=8109
    2017 - The beginning of the end.

Okay, so after doing several searches (Google, AO Forums, etc.) it seems like Anarchy Online essentially will not work with any version of Directx except for 9.0? Therefore, that means any system running AO must have exactly directx 9.0 installed in order for AO to run? And my understanding is that AO was programmed to only work with directx 9.0 (at least the current AO versions)?

**update** downloaded from link provided above and AO ran just fine. This is with me running Win 10 on an Acer laptop.
    Last edited by Bakoboy7; Dec 7th, 2015 at 19:12:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakoboy7 View Post
    Okay, so after doing several searches (Google, AO Forums, etc.) it seems like Anarchy Online essentially will not work with any version of Directx except for 9.0? Therefore, that means any system running AO must have exactly directx 9.0 installed in order for AO to run? And my understanding is that AO was programmed to only work with directx 9.0 (at least the current AO versions)?
    1. yes
    2. yes
    3. yes
    4. yes for any other question asking the same thing
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Detecting sarcasm here! LOL thanks for clarifying though!

Bump so i'll remember to try that on my older laptop.
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"