Thread: Key bindings

Key bindings

Just wanted to make a post to explaining why it's good to have key bindings and the advantage of it.

The main reason to bind keys is to take away the hazzle of clicking things with the mouse. When you bind the keys and get the hang of it you'll be able to lower your reaction time significantly. You can bind all perks/specials that share a relation under the same key. This will give you more time to focus on other important stuff. You can make alot of perks execute simultaniously instead of having to click them one at a time. For nano's it'll check order on the bar from left to right.

Example:

You have an empty bar and fill it with:
    Slot - Name - Key
    (1) - Improved Complete Healing - E
    (2) - Complete Healing - E
    (3) - Fountain of Life - E
    (4) - Bodily Invigoration - E, R
    (5) - Restorative Influx - R
    (6) - Lifegiving Elixir - R
    (7) - Superior Team Health Plan - T
    (8) - Improved Team Health Plan - T
    (9) - Team Health Plan - T

Now "E" will try to do "Improved Complete Healing", but if you can't cast this due to ie. debuffed nanoskills it'll try and cast "Complete Healing". Once the "Complete Healing Line" is locked or you can't even cast the normal "Complete Healing" and you press it, it'll try to cast "Fountain of Life". And if neither of those will work it always tries to cast "Bodily Invigoration" as last option.

The same principle applies to "R" and "T".

This is just an example and your free to apply your own logic the way you bind keys. And you can even bind the same skill to multiple keys so you can make your own loops.

Thank you for this tip. I never knew it and it's very effective indeed.

Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Thanks Caloss2 for the visuals . I was referring that I didn't know that although you're binding everything to 1 key, it will try the first slot and then the second etc. I thought it was just spamming everything at once.

it casts it in the order you bound it not the order it appears on the hotbar.

indeed: binding ubt, dot a, dot b and dot c to one key will only cast ubt

You have an empty bar and fill it with:
    Slot - Name - Key
    (1) - Improved Complete Healing - K
    (2) - Complete Healing - K
    (3) - Fountain of Life - who the f uses this as a doctor?
    (4) - Bodily Invigoration - H
    (5) - Restorative Influx - H
    (6) - Lifegiving Elixir - H
    (7) - Superior Team Health Plan - F
    (8) - Improved Team Health Plan - click on it every 10 minutes
    (9) - Team Health Plan - what?
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-Po View Post
    Thanks Caloss2 for the visuals . I was referring that I didn't know that although you're binding everything to 1 key, it will try the first slot and then the second etc. I thought it was just spamming everything at once.
    Yeah that video is very shade-cenetric, and the binding all to one key works well for staggered interdependent perk lines. [second perk condition = must have first perk running] and so on.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.