Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updated ingame map - latest releases

For the sake of spreading informations, a reddit post has just been opened to go along the other webspaces already updated (among wich : ao-universe | aodb.us | aodevs.com | wikipedia.org | wikia.com | guidescroll.com | etc).
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Hi

I have installed the map properly but when i am in SL it isn't showing up on my list of maps, and when i type in either of these /setoption ShadowlandMapIndexFile "SLmap/SLmap.txt" or /setoption ShadowlandMapIndexFile "SLmap/SLmapWide.txt", I get the error error loading file C:/program files (x86)/AnarchyOnline/cd_image/textures/planetmap/SLmap/SLmap.txt
    Billy216
    Wolfsmeta
    Wolfman216
    GordonRamsay

Reading what you wrote, i guess you didn't decompress the archive within the right folder.

As expressed in your specific error message (wich can be different on every computer), you'd have to go within "C:/program files (x86)/AnarchyOnline/cd_image/textures/planetmap/" first ; there, you put the chosen map archive (normal or wide) & extract it ; it should then generate a SLmap folder containing all files described in readme.txt (bin, xml, txt).

PS : careful, in a regular install of AO the folder name Planetmap contains highcap P (not lowcap p) ; would it be a bug specific in your client ? Idk ...

Once done, go ingame and follow activation instruction (from interface click OR chat /command). Worked ?
    Last edited by bitnykk; Nov 16th, 2016 at 16:10:58. Reason: ps

Preparing the SL map v2.1 for a release incoming within a month (or so, depending on my free time ...). It's planned to contain, in quick :
    - few graphical corrections not already shipped in previous v2.0
    - several typos that were discovered (by some people or myself)
    - all catacombs entrance verified (as some directions seemed wrong)
    - addition of Pandemonium's NPC "Greedy Shade" (location + nanos)

This v2.1 still can include more changes if proposed soon, within the incoming weeks. So feel free to come up with some proposals here, by tell/pm ingame or any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    Preparing the SL map v2.1 for a release incoming within a month (or so, depending on my free time ...). It's planned to contain, in quick :
    - few graphical corrections not already shipped in previous v2.0
    - several typos that were discovered (by some people or myself)
    - all catacombs entrance verified (as some directions seemed wrong)
    - addition of Pandemonium's NPC "Greedy Shade" (location + nanos)

This v2.1 still can include more changes if proposed soon, within the incoming weeks. So feel free to come up with some proposals here, by tell/pm ingame or any other way.
    Vendor QL ranges possible? These don't change and should be found in few checks.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Vendor QL ranges possible? These don't change and should be found in few checks.
    I guess you mean to feature wich QL (Min-Max) are the items each of the garden/sanct/yuttos NPC Vendors are proposing (nanos, weapons, armors, kits, etc) ?

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    I guess you mean to feature wich QL (Min-Max) are the items each of the garden/sanct/yuttos NPC Vendors are proposing (nanos, weapons, armors, kits, etc) ?
    Yep. Also I think there is handfull "outdoors" vendors missing in the version I use. Need to see if I can locate some of them.
    Last edited by Ekarona; Jan 11th, 2017 at 16:12:54.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Yep. Also I think there is handfull "outdoors" vendors missing in the version I use. Need to see if I can locate some of them.
    I'll indeed take in consideration any list of missing Vendor(s) - if possible including [name + zone + coords] so i can go check them first. Due to their high number, i admit i didn't went to check each and every NPC ingame

Beside this, about your QL suggestion, i went to see several garden vendors and i noticed :
    - items min QL isn't relevant as most, even in highest level zone, are selling from QL 1
    - items max QL *could* be relevant in some cases (Yuttos NCU, eg) but often randomized
    - nano QL isn't relevant in most cases (due to individual level/specialization requirement)

With these elements, i'm really sceptical of the benefit of these informations - especially regarding the ratio of relevance_usefulness (as questionned right upper) VS time+space (i mean : the time i'd invest for this + pixel surface potentially occupied by these new infos).

But may be i missed some positive aspects ? Feel free to feedback here (or in PM if you prefer).

Update to Shadowlands map:

Conflagrant Spirit in Inferno drops the "Odqan" pattern. Just got a Chi pattern off of it. It's consistent with the two other spirit boss drops in the area.
    Last edited by Avari; Jan 21st, 2017 at 13:14:15.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Conflagrant Spirit in Inferno drops the "Odqan" pattern.
    Thanx for feedback, i've added that to all corrections to be made in the Pocket Bosses layer (2) for the upcoming v2.1.

Waiting a few more days before releasing a definite feature list ... so it's still time to bring even more changes

Here is the full feature list of the incoming version, almost done and to be released next month :

2.1 - february 2017 => Greedy Shade locations and nanos added ; few graphical elements readjusted ; several text overlaps and typos fixed ; catacombs entrance descriptions improved ; 3rd layer grid & number corrected.

NB : i'll now ship it in ZIP format as many people seemed to have issue with RAR extraction

Thanks for the great work.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

SL map v2.1 (2017) now available ! Infos & DL links (Normal & Wide) @ https://rubi-ka.net/bitnykk/

I've added a Steam quick guide to help newcomers into AO :

In english @ http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=870327516
    In french @ http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=870307837

SL map v2.1 is missing One Who Overcomes Enemies in North Elysium

~ 1455 865.

The Adonis Xan Civilisation mission point has an error.
    Near 1350 2400 there is a bullet point that reads

Coma-El
    Baran-Kuir
    [Xan Civilization 12+13]
    However, the mob names are actually Boran-Kaar and Cimi-El and should be in that order instead.

(Baran-Kuir are unredeemed mobs found near the temple and are not relevant to any mission. I'm not sure there are any Coma-El in Adonis.)
    Last edited by Psithief; Apr 11th, 2017 at 17:40:13.

Thanx for this double report, Psi. Both suggestions are added into the todo-list for v2.2, wich however shouldn't be released quite soon as i got other (musical) project to workout first

I do think that the maps are great, except for one thing; and that is the replacement of the faded map borders with the somewhat jarring (to me at least) 255 blue ones otherwise they are great and thank you for making them.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Thanx for feedback, Caloss. Regarding the blue, i wanted to simplify the background to make exportation files lightest possible ; i've tried many colors to end up with that blue, considering that would make sense as SL are supposed to be in the skies over RK. Also, i was playing Black Flag a lot the time i prepared the first version, so both the map logo & background were under caribean sea influence, i guess

Can't seem to get the newest version to work on new client. Stuck using the 2016 version I guess. Keep getting message about error loading the .txt file in the map directory.

You cannot remove the maps FC includes in the download. If you have an old, non fc SL map folder (like the aosl one) I'd remove it. Just keeping FCs sl map folder and the new one (think mine is named SL Map). I had some issues getting it to work and I think this is what I figured out, it works fine for me with the new client.
    --

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast