Thread: (GM) Red tags

(GM) Red tags

There was a change that went into effect with the coding and changes with the advent of the new engine that had a impact on all GM tagged characters in game. This affects GMs (as it should) - and ARKS, and even the LTCs you see in game (that it shouldn't have). ARKS are not GMs, and LTCs well they are trying to be normal characters on Rubi-ka, so the (GM) and red text that accompanys their comments in chats, has been rather disruptive to immersion of the character in RP. It has made us rather reluctant to run LTCs with this glaring red in all their chat text. But while it has been acknowledged as an issue, it does not appear to be getting resolved any time soon. So.. hopefully anyone attempting to RP with an LTC will be able to overlook that and pretend it just isnt part of the conversation information.

I had been hoping this would be resolved by now. But hopefully we will be seeing more activity from LTCs back in game in spite of it.
    Coordinator Ninanna. LTC Team Lead

Current effective emails: Ninanna@ark.AOark.info, ark.Ninanna@gmail.com
    or for Mmir the Events AD: Mirr@ark.AOark.info, arkmmirad@gmail.com
    Events Department, Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    To Email Events Department

Thanks for the update! I'm sure most of the normal RPers will be able to work around it, granted new or newer ones might be confused by it. But i sure do hope it doesnt end the LTCs as they are a great part of the RP environment!

what is this madness?!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Thank you for letting us know, Ninanna. I think most of us will be able to just go with it and overlook the red as we play with the LTC's. It would be lovely to see them out and about again. For anyone new to RP or not an RPer who gets confused we can just poke them with an explanation and/or point them to this thread.

Fya "Hilfy" Hill - Clan MA, RMR Ltd Security Officer :: Council of Truth's liaison to the ICC
    “The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.”

AO Roleplay: A New & Returning Player’s RP Info Sheet | All-in-One | IC Connections & Contacts

Well- we have found a solution (at least temporarily while FC works on a more permanent solution). The (GM) and red tag - are now gone. The system now relates to LTCs like an NPC -so they have minimal info in Target Info window - but when RPing that isnt important anyway. So it works.
    Coordinator Ninanna. LTC Team Lead

Current effective emails: Ninanna@ark.AOark.info, ark.Ninanna@gmail.com
    or for Mmir the Events AD: Mirr@ark.AOark.info, arkmmirad@gmail.com
    Events Department, Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    To Email Events Department