Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very easy gauntlet fix.

Very easy gauntlet fix.

All that gauntlet needs to be fixed is to move the 3 complete plate upgrades from the very last boss (Azi Dahaka) outside the instance to the last boss inside the instance. That makes every team get 1 full upgrade and the side buff item is still the end prize people will race for.

Maybe think about lowering the timer to 9h or something also?
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

I had a very hard time to attend to gauntlet most of the time because of the long timer, bump for lowering it/adding one complete uppgrade.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

This doesnt fix the biggest problem with The Gauntlet. For a lot of players, Oliveerz and me included, its hard to be online when The Gauntlet opens. Lowering the timer would help, but the best fix would be if it was a normal instance which we could do when we wanted. In my opinion the droprate does not need to be adjusted.

Either have everything but the top floor as normal instance (with a lockout timer or not) or simply have the vortex that spawns when you kill the bird last a lot longer so ppl can enter and farm stuff on the floors.

That would somewhat offset the importance of when the bird pops regarding that some ppl might have a hard time attending to it as it is now.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Normal instance, ok. But if so make it Harder to go through it, its a joke atm. Every raid or instance in Ao is a joke atm. Push all the endgame encounter please.
    220/30/70 Atrox Soldier ..::.. Experienced Hunter Shoorty Fearme Movie 1 2 3
    220/30/70 Nanomage Agent ..::.. Neophyte Prince Fedez
    150/20/42 Atrox Enforcer ..::.. Rookie Duel Pheddex Please

- SEMPER FIDELIS -

Bump for some gauntlet fixes.
    Did it for the first time in ages today, all I really needed was a 2x Nickel-Cobalt Ferrous Alloy's and 2x Bi-Isotropic Nano Media's.
    Those only dropped from the 4th boss, and I lost the rolls on them. It's so incredibly tedious to go through all of that effort, with zero reward in the end.

Having a separate instanced Gauntlet which does not have the final boss for the strand/complete plates, but lets you go to farm every couple hours would be far more readily accessible.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

What Wakizaka said. Having completed the instance on multiple toons, I must admit that I find it so tedious I can't bring myself to do 1 pad for my engineer currently.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

It's rarely on a time when i can do it, so bump for a instanced version without the top floor.

Bump.

Timer sucks, handling loot when racing to the top sucks, MB'ers already on top before you even get to see the final boss sucks.

Agree on the whole instance and no top boss argument.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Imo the biggest problem is that the randomness of the timer makes it hard to consistently know when you need to be online to have a shot at gauntlet. At least change it so there's a set time to do it for euro/us/oceanic time like the recent tower timer changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Did it for the first time in ages today, all I really needed was a 2x Nickel-Cobalt Ferrous Alloy's and 2x Bi-Isotropic Nano Media's.
    Those only dropped from the 4th boss, and I lost the rolls on them.
    Those drop off the adds on 1st floor. You can probably solo it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Those drop off the adds on 1st floor. You can probably solo it.
    None dropped from the adds on the 1st floor during this run. They only dropped from the boss on the 4th floor, as I said.

Also, should I go solo the next time Gauntlet pops, and hope the adds actually do drop what I'm looking for ? Because the drop rate looks low if we farmed the floors for maximum pops and had zero from the 1st floor.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

It seems like any part CAN drop on any floor, but won't when you need it
    Ah, and the story of rand() continues...

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Also, should I go solo the next time Gauntlet pops, and hope the adds actually do drop what I'm looking for ? Because the drop rate looks low if we farmed the floors for maximum pops and had zero from the 1st floor.
    Yeah there's 5 (?) different items that can drop from 1st floor adds, so if you have bad luck you can get zero of the ones you need. I still think soloing 1st floor has a better chance of getting you the parts than competing with a full team for 1st floor adds + 4th floor boss.

I have three alts that need gear and can't. I am unable to attend I have work, sleep, life. I don't care anymore let me buy the damn mats and pads.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    I have three alts that need gear and can't. I am unable to attend I have work, sleep, life. I don't care anymore let me buy the damn mats and pads.
    I agree. It's demotivating atm.

Although the raid itself is easy, the idea is that the items are hard to get. Do we really need easier stuff in ao? It works as intended, just gather more patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Footer View Post
    Although the raid itself is easy, the idea is that the items are hard to get. Do we really need easier stuff in ao? It works as intended, just gather more patience.
    True enough ... first Gauntlets were done by rolling every single item on every mob. I personally did the right shoulder (only item that is useful from there) piece by piece for 3 toons. And I will do for 3 more - np

Yes you have to actually play the toon and toon needs to be dressed to participate.

Enough whining

P.S. The instance is easy if they all play and know what to do. If not - wipe will happen.
    P.S. 2 If you want to work, have rl - go for it, but loging 5 mins / day just to get that pad is not acceptable - if you play hard, you get items ... if you play 5 mins a day - you don't
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

I like it when you get turned down even as a crat to team since two people want to farm it alone. What a **** design.

Having such a timer on any content is dull anyway, bump for a iGauntlet and/or timed non instanced "Boss" Gauntlet
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

Make the mobs that spawn from failing an inf new have a chance to drop random gauntlet loot?

It would be tough to farm, but would be possible any time.

*shrugs*
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast