Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very easy gauntlet fix.

i'm done dealing with this ****. Any alt I have that doesn't already have the gear from this dump is getting mothballed permanently. No hope of doing anything with this mess.

What is the problem? IT spawns around every 17th hour. At some point that revolved to spawning at any possible hour during a one and a half week period. Slackers.
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

I like being able to log in and enjoy the game while getting gear not having to give my life and soul to get shoulder pads. This goes for things like db3 and poh as well. The development is slowing turning ao into vanilla wow raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    I like being able to log in and enjoy the game while getting gear not having to give my life and soul to get shoulder pads. This goes for things like db3 and poh as well. The development is slowing turning ao into vanilla wow raiding.
    Just to put in another perspective, what makes you think that you should be able to get the BEST gear without a bit of effort? You have to deal with not being able to put the time into the game so you shouldn't be surprised when you can't get the items when you want them. The world does not revolve around only you I'm afraid & while I understand your frustration, I'm afraid i'm not of the same opinion as you at all.

EDIT: Just for clarity I feel I should mention that I'm not talking from the perspective of someone with multiple finished pieces either! I only have 1 of my many characters with completed bits.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

People want to do content, can't because they don't want to revolve their life around spawn times in a 15 year old game.
    Some people take offense to it, because their "will" or whatever is apparently not strong enough for AO.
    Had the instance been rock hard, then yeah I could get all 7 ways of "you have to work for your phatz" argument, but its not hard, not even close to being hard.
    The only obnoxious part of the instance is the timer, multiple suggestions have been offered by the community.
    Let's focus on that instead of some weirdly perceived epeen notion because some can revolve their life around interwebz pixels.
    Last edited by Alternity; Jul 15th, 2016 at 10:12:42.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Just to put in another perspective, what makes you think that you should be able to get the BEST gear without a bit of effort?
    Is "effort" when you sacrifice your offline-life for logging into the game at odd hours to be able to do an instance, or is "effort" when you're actually ingame and do everything you can with that time to get the items you need/work on your character ?

To me it's the latter. But people have different views.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    Is "effort" when you sacrifice your offline-life for logging into the game at odd hours to be able to do an instance, or is "effort" when you're actually ingame and do everything you can with that time to get the items you need/work on your character ?

To me it's the latter. But people have different views.
    I mean, I don't see why someone that is just a part time player (for whatever that reason happens to be) should be moaning about an endgame instance....You want the phats, get it done when you can. It's as simple as that and not intended otherwise. The timer rotates well enough that if you want the item which has now been around for literally years, you can't really be taken too seriously if you can't manage to get it...
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

"just a part time player". Just like, is he still a human being ? Are your totally insulting tone and vain arguing intended, or is it a matter of social/writing skills ? I mean, you feel the need to justify yourself in quotes everytime, so you KNOW you're being a jerk, so, what ? Do you like the game as it is now, empty ? Then you'll be happy, because most people have absolutely no reason at all to pay a crazy monthly fee, for content they can't have access to, for reasons such as timers.

Some people here still play this GAME for PLEASURE, and don't care much than you do about your so-called "phats". This may have been OK when gaunt was recent content, but now ? When was it intended to be like this ? Seriously, if Collatz was gamebreaking, but it's NOT. Only Awakened is rewarding atm, and even there, morrons made it their own private stuff the day it went live. Nah, AO is all about the looks and pixels shaft's size.

AO has no content or almost, no players or almost, and the few of us remaining shall focus their lives on a TIMER only ? This can't be serious. Gaunt was a highbies zerg fest at the beginning, great, but now it's not even rewarding in ANY way - not speaking about sploiters who ruined it. The only thing remaining is this little pleasure you feel when you do the things and hand the result, like people bidding on pande stuff or humping a beta thigh.

I don't care a second for Gaunt, but I care for AO, and the people I play with. I hate it when Bore si empty at night, and neutnet is only relaying farmers - who won't sell to anybody BTW, QED. This is a frigging GAME, let's change those little things so people can actually PLAY. I don't get it, why don't you want people to get stuff ? You don't care yourself about it ! Would you rather pvp naked people ? Raid with naked people ? People to suffer ? What's the point ? It's been YEARS since AO brought challenge, you're a damn doc crat and whatever so you know it ! I could even tank Beast in socials before social window ! You know, Pande, that was made into Ipande...

Gaunt is like ToTW with a team of ubertwinked 60s farming nemat's eye, except you can get in once in a while and Nemat won't repop. Damn, there's not a single reason the timer and shape are kept as is, except giving the feeling they're part of a semi-godly people to a bunch of wankers. The only merit you ever challenged in Gaunt is the luck on drops - yeah, like hunting dojas - and hope FC will ban sploiters. Great !

Oh you're not totally wrong, phats shall be deserved, but this shall not depend on a timer, only people's skills and will. What you're only arguing about is this will, not even seeing you're adressing people about their PRIVATE life. How dare you ? You just sound like a zealot trying to push people by force into believing in your faith. Maybe you can't time gauntlet yourself, and don't want to invest more in the game, so you would'nt like to see people wearing collatz everywhere, and you don't ? I would not presume, but as you're acting like a jerk... See ?

Well, instead, you could be constructive, and fight along people asking for a greater - rewarding - challenge, so that phats are phats again, and people asking for a reshape of the timer - so that you actually keep people to play with. If you don't like AO, it's your right, but please, stay off of such topics if you don't bring anything but free personal/human hostility.

Phats ? BoC on a lvl 1 Trader at Bore grid. Gaunt has nothing about that, just people relying on FOT... last years stuff to be competitive, when it's not just about pure epeening. Quite a poor behavior.
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    I mean, I don't see why someone that is just a part time player (for whatever that reason happens to be) should be moaning about an endgame instance....You want the phats, get it done when you can. It's as simple as that and not intended otherwise. The timer rotates well enough that if you want the item which has now been around for literally years, you can't really be taken too seriously if you can't manage to get it...
    That's the most ridiculous reasoning I've seen... I mean, Gauntlet armor isn't really THAT much of endgame equip anyways, now with Awakened Beast armor.... Let's put Pyramid of Home on a 18h timer, yeah, it will only be open every 18h for 5 minutes, you missed it, too bad.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by appolonia View Post
    "just a part time player". Just like, is he still a human being ? Are your totally insulting tone and vain arguing intended, or is it a matter of social/writing skills ? I mean, you feel the need to justify yourself in quotes everytime, so you KNOW you're being a jerk, so, what ? Do you like the game as it is now, empty ? Then you'll be happy, because most people have absolutely no reason at all to pay a crazy monthly fee, for content they can't have access to, for reasons such as timers./snip
    I'll respond to this brief portion as I'm short for time right now, but I do feel I want to put the point across that directly after instancing of Pande for example there was a HUGE drop off of population that I believe was directly related to the fact that people no longer had a long term aim or goal & were able to "finish" the game (so to speak). So THAT is why I am so against making everything easier for the 'casual' gamer. It is absolutely NOT that i'm an jerk as you put it, it's more that I have SEEN the effect of making endgame things easier to obtain and I definitely do NOT like that. You can obviously have your own opinions on this issue of course & that's absolutely fine, but I also have my view and this is why I tend to post as I do on the subjects..It's not to be rude or insulting, just that I feel quite strongly on the subject & I see it time and again the negatives of impatience in a game such as AO.So yes, I absolutely don't want everything in game to be 'fast food', if you'll pardon the expression.

Edit: As to most of the points in the rest of your post I'm afraid you went off onto a bit of a tangent there which wasn't directly related to the Gauntlet instance that we are now discussing, but even in your own post you mention that the armour isn't even that 'good' anymore, so really, what's the problem...Anyway, I have no more real interest in arguing the point. I've said my peace and the reasoning behind it so you can either take it or leave it there.

Edit 2: Also, It wasn't me with the personal attacks..Might I suggest you re-read your own post to see those....
    Last edited by Aiken; Jul 15th, 2016 at 11:32:20.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12