Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mitaar Hero

Mitaar Hero

Is there a truly skill-based way to do this? I know you can just run around like an idiot when the spirits start coming (supposedly, I can only get it to work ~75% of the time, but I suspect this is due to "lag"), but that's not what I mean. Do the spirits give some indication of which order they're going to asplode in 100% of the time, that I'm just not perceptive enough to catch? Can anyone do this, without error, every time, without ever resorting to just-run-circles-really-fast? If so, can you articulate how you do this, or do you just know somehow?

To be clear, I'm not asking for some hack to get through it, I already have my own brute force method. I want to know if there's a way to do it that relies solely on skill.

Slow down DD when they pop, stand in a spot where you can see all 4 pads and just wait to see how they move. The faster spirits pop first.

Yeah, the more dmg boss gets the more spirits will spawn. Basically 2 man team is safest I find. I even used to solo it dual logged shade. Shade would be on attack and on follow and my doc drags shade around :P takes me 25 minutes, shade was not perking all the time. Got sick of it after few poop drops.
    Just finished setting up prefs and client crashed.

takes me about 10 minutes to solo on eng

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    takes me about 10 minutes to solo on eng
    put it on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Slow down DD when they pop, stand in a spot where you can see all 4 pads and just wait to see how they move. The faster spirits pop first.
    Are you saying that they move at different speeds, or that whoever arrives at their spot first, pops first?

Quote Originally Posted by glipglop View Post
    Are you saying that they move at different speeds, or that whoever arrives at their spot first, pops first?
    Generally, first to leave is the first to arrive.
    Latest version of Item Assistant: http://ribbs.dreamcrash.org/ialight/

Quote Originally Posted by Drdoll View Post
    put it on youtube
    I'm not sure if I believe 10min but on my engy I can solo him in about 13-15min depending on how much DD and agg I want to deal with. I've been tagging an alt along on follow and it drops it to 9.5-10min without issues. I could probably go less but double pops with an alt on follow is annoying.

Also, I don't feel the spirits move at different speeds but they obviously have shorter distances depending on platform. Their delay to activate is also random.

To the OP, outside the obvious this color is going to reach its platform much sooner...you have to watch the spirits. They will do this slight knee down animation before they jump into the air to activate. Doing this can aid in those times when all 4 activate at nearly the same time. After you do it dozens of time you get pretty good at feeling it out.
    Last edited by strohkirchw; Nov 25th, 2015 at 04:13:11.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPete View Post
    Generally, first to leave is the first to arrive.
    Not necessarily, spirits have different distances to travel.

Personally I just look at which spirit is first to arrive at it's platform and then I go to it. As strohkirchw said, they pop time is random, so you just have to deal with that. The way I go about it was if I see other spirit pop I would run to it first and then go back.

@strohkirchw I would like to know how you do that on engi. I mean what is the tactic? And what about your setup also? Reason I'm asking for setup is to know what perks and or pet heals you use? My engi is noob, but I would like to revisit him

So the consensus is: There is no deterministic way to do it. Which order the spirits pop in is random and the only thing you can do about it, is watch them all as they stand on their platforms and hope you react/run fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by glipglop View Post
    So the consensus is: There is no deterministic way to do it. Which order the spirits pop in is random and the only thing you can do about it, is watch them all as they stand on their platforms and hope you react/run fast enough.
    In my mind that's the way yes. Unless there is some other funky tactic people have found.

Not necessarily, spirits have different distances to travel.
    Generally but not necessarily.
    Latest version of Item Assistant: http://ribbs.dreamcrash.org/ialight/

@strohkirchw I would like to know how you do that on engi. I mean what is the tactic? And what about your setup also? Reason I'm asking for setup is to know what perks and or pet heals you use? My engi is noob, but I would like to revisit him
    The ability to solo came from the balance change. Engy can solo or primary tank almost any single target now. Required perk line for pets would be gadgeteer. Put taunt box on widow as well as reconstruction. Then just heal, heal and heal some more by cycling Master's Repairs and Maker's Touch. Toss in your own DD at your discretion to balance agg between you and widow. Using your 30s attack shield and healing abilities as a gauge. After you get comfortable with that, you can add another toon on follow doing around 100-125kdpm. It won't draw agg and if it does randomly your 1m cycling team shield will block the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by strohkirchw View Post
    The ability to solo came from the balance change. Engy can solo or primary tank almost any single target now. Required perk line for pets would be gadgeteer. Put taunt box on widow as well as reconstruction. Then just heal, heal and heal some more by cycling Master's Repairs and Maker's Touch. Toss in your own DD at your discretion to balance agg between you and widow. Using your 30s attack shield and healing abilities as a gauge. After you get comfortable with that, you can add another toon on follow doing around 100-125kdpm. It won't draw agg and if it does randomly your 1m cycling team shield will block the attack.
    Haven't done mitarr in like 2 years. Will try some tonight, tho will need to get heals for pets and reperk it. My engi is remod/hp setup, was using for battlestation primarily when the time wasn't solo :P

Are pet heals easy to get? The top ones, as I have never ever had one.

Haven't done mitarr in like 2 years. Will try some tonight, tho will need to get heals for pets and reperk it. My engi is remod/hp setup, was using for battlestation primarily when the time wasn't solo :P

Are pet heals easy to get? The top ones, as I have never ever had one.
    Makers is just a regular rollable nano. Masters is from the corporal winstead quest line which you've probably done on other toons.

Spirits speed and pop time is totally random - no rule. If you find a rule, do the instance enough times and you'll see the rule is not a rule anymore.
    Tank can miss green.
    Fun way to do it : in party of 6, missing yellow everytime - do you feel bored - try this !
    Enjoy

P.S. for original poster - define "skill" (because imho skill is also the ability to run around to some very specific points in some game-determined order)
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post
    P.S. for original poster - define "skill" (because imho skill is also the ability to run around to some very specific points in some game-determined order)
    Possibly skill is the wrong word for it. What I mean is if there's a way to determine when to step on each spot, simply by observing the spirits before they pop. If the answer is no, then the spirits are really only set dressing; if they give no indication where to run, the plates might as well just light up on their own without spirits. In fact, I'm at a complete loss to explain their presence unless they serve this purpose. Worldbuilding-wise they seem out of place.

Also, since this is an online game, it could be that skill allowed you to predict the order, so that you'd have additional time to counteract "lag" (which i keep quoting because I don't mean exclusively latency, but also dropped packets, server mis-prediction and whatever else might make my perceived route different from what the server observed).

people telling you it's impossible to predict are wrong. the spirits walk at different speeds and need to walk different distances. so obviously if you consider how long it takes each spirit to walk the distance to their platform you can figure out which will arrive first and thus which will pop first. it's a simple case of speed/distance judgement. idk why this is so hard (used to solo mitaar on my doc back in the day)

i just stand in the middle and watch which spirits start their ascent, if you have half decent runspeed its super easy

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    obviously if you consider how long it takes each spirit to walk the distance to their platform you can figure out which will arrive first and thus which will pop first.
    I don't think there's big disagreement on this, at least not from me. As far as I can tell though, who arrived first is not a good predictor of who will pop first. It might sometimes, or even mostly, be true, but you can't rely on it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast