Thread: Allow /stuck while standing

Allow /stuck while standing

Is there really any reasons not to allow /stuck when standing?
    If not they should allow it, most places i get stuck in this ... game are locations i cant sit.

if you /camp and log back in you can sit.

I've had to force quit the game in those situations where you cannot sit down and wait about 2 minutes. (Assuming I didn't want to /terminate) When you log back in, you will usually be sitting and can do a /stuck. Somehow I got stuck inside a wall in foreman's one time, and couldn't sit. I didn't want to run all the way back in, and that got me out.

Annoying, but it works.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Double Alt+F4 for a quick exit, upon logging back in the server will move you to geometry that you can sit down at.
    Then you can happily /stuck, provided you don't accidentally move a pixel when you log back in

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I always found that Alt+F4x2, then sitting immediately on relogging (x) worked every time when I was stuck somewhere I shouldn't be.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    I always found that Alt+F4x2, then sitting immediately on relogging (x) worked every time when I was stuck somewhere I shouldn't be.
    This. A million times this.

Granted, it's not practical and shouldn't be how it's done.. but.. it got me out of a lot of stuff when I played my extra-tiny agent. That thing got stuck on EVERYTHING you can imagine. Yes, even THAT.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Workarounds are nice and all, but when you have a function that is unable to do what it was made for in the exact situation it was meant to be used, then said function is effectively broken to the point of utter uselessness (as it has been for like, forever).

I'm not even sure what's the reasoning behind the "you must be sitting" and "it will take 2 minutes" limitations the current /stuck implementation has, and as a matter of fact, taking those into account it is indeed more reliable and faster to just kill the client and relog, than trying to use /stuck, since it will take about the same amount of time, if not less (well, maybe not with the new client, considering the initial startup/loading time).

Still, something that actually does work when it's needed (when you can't move from where you are, regadless if you are sitting, standing, "falling", being aggressed, etc.), and works in a reasonable amount of time (10-15 seconds, max.) would be quite welcome, even if, as far as I remember, I very rarely got stuck, but most of the time when I did, /stuck either was unusable, or simply moved me from one bad place to another.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    I'm not even sure what's the reasoning behind the "you must be sitting" and "it will take 2 minutes" limitations the current /stuck implementation has,
    Roots/pvp
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    Workarounds are nice and all, but when you have a function that is unable to do what it was made for in the exact situation it was meant to be used, then said function is effectively broken to the point of utter uselessness (as it has been for like, forever)/SNIP.
    Don't forget it's entirely possible that it's like this to avoid exploits & such. I don't think it should be considered 'broken'. There's no easy solution to something like this I'd prefer functional over proper any day ;
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup