Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LVL 15 Fr00b PvP Tournament

Nice, Im unseasoned at twinking froobs. I actually bought an endorphin factory for mine out of habit and got half way through before I remembered I couldnt even equip it. I got ql 98 imps in now, Im considering just stopping here and putting on my gear. I could definitely keep laddering but I dont think I could go too much further over 100 without getting the Tir Ring and all the itemshop twink gear and NS nanocan. I saved all of my crafted laddering imps in backbacks. If anyone needs them or any other oddball pieces of gear shoot me a message. Ive got about 7-8 years worth of hoarding random items. Also, Im looking for Miy's ranged sleeves (30-50ish) and TL2 rings of elements (preferably atleast +5 dmg).

Duel Rules

- Absolutely no OSBs during the duel. Pet classes can receive MC and TS Teachings ONLY exception. If found using OSBs during duel you will instantly be disqualified.
    I will know by what gear/imps you're wearing around what your skills should be at. If its generally agreed that something is fishy we will take steps to prove the legitimacy.
    - Inspect function enabled at all times. Especially before and during duel.

so why is it allowd to osb pets?
    i asume there is allowd to osb on ga I on a fixer to then as long he wears the ga I without mochams during the duel?
    kinda makes it obvious that a mp will win as loong you allowd to cast pets osb, they should be self casted before duel starts.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Feb 1st, 2016 at 01:46:36.

I did some experiments on the pets. The pets castable with decent imps plus MC and TS Teachings make pet classes other than MPs viable. I did really mean to add pets must be cast right before duel, thanks for bringing that up. I will have a MP present during tourny to cast MC and TS teachings on all pet classes whether they want it or not, this will be to make sure they arent running Masteries or Mochams. And I will also disallow GA specifically just to make sure theres no confusion or frustration with the gaps in the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Unparalleled View Post
    Also, Im looking for Miy's ranged sleeves (30-50ish) and TL2 rings of elements (preferably atleast +5 dmg).
    I have a ql 54 Miy's Ranged sleeve but nothing else in that range and a ring of elements
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Nice! I'll be on in an hour or so. I'll try to get those if I can catch you on.

Nice! I'll be on in an hour or so. I'll try to get those if I can catch you on.
    All right, I'll be sitting online on Legendfluff then.
    Characters:

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

There is absolutely no way I will compete in this if you don't add at least another 20 rules. There clearly isn't enough.
    Brushed
    Nerdfury

atleast try make it equal for evryone without bending the rules for mp for example?

you bend the rules here, either all is selfed wich means your mp has to cast pets self before duel or you have to find way to make up for others to gain a equal advantage.

i was gonna particiapte, but i changed my mind when i saw you gonna let petusers have osb to cast em, that is not selfbuffed pvp anymore is it?
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Feb 3rd, 2016 at 23:40:16.

Pet users are naturally at a disadvantage self buffed in this level. Especially non MP which wouldnt actually be OSBD since they can cat teachings at 15... I hear what your saying but allowing them a +25 MC and TS buff IS actually making it more equal for everyone. I have tested it. You can participate or not but I stand behind my reasoning for the rules.

ok it be hillarious thou with those bent rules if you meet up with a lev 15 mp twink on your tournement now.
    but for sure wont join when osb is allowd, i see no point in that.

Still don't see why your fixated on MPs when the only OSBs allowed are MC and TS Teachings and they can self cast those. Regardless I have a loosely twinked MP (70-ish MC and TS implants) and gave it a 131 on top of his self cast teachings and cast highest possible pet with said buffs. I tried two duels, the first one I just tried to solo the pet and was able to, the second one I put the heal pet on the MP and set the MP to auto attack me along with mez and attack pet while I tried to kill the MP and was able to kill him way before the OSB'd pet was able to stack enough damage to worry about. All this being said, I respect your opinion, but on behalf of the success of the event I would also like to make it known that it's ill-conceived.
    Last edited by Unparalleled; Feb 5th, 2016 at 00:09:49.

This seems like alot of fun

Im making a nanomage lvl 15 MP for the tournament as we speak - Mssbish

sendt u a private msg on the forums here
    Active chars - Moodypig, Msbish, Mensen, Mrbish

A couple questions and clarifications as we approach the great duels on Saturday Feb 20th.

1. How much do you define "OSB'd"? Does gaunt buff count as being OSB'd? How about other buffs you would otherwise receive from outside sources that potentially can be obtained by all?
    2. Enf/trader is banned. However, will agents be allowed to FP into enf/trader? If yes, what is limited within them? I realize trader FP'd possibly would have drains limited to lowest ones if any at all.

And a clarification to those arguing that MC/TS teachings is absurd as an OSB for pet users.
    It won't matter whether MPs themselves get MC/TS teachings because they should already be able to cast them in the first place. It's the crat/engi on the other hand that will benefit from this rule. Crat itself sucks at low level, so they're taken out of the equation. Engis are good as they have reflects and dmg shields, so they will have a slight advantage.
    Using a mostly realistic twinking amount, they would be around 165-170 TS/MC for their pets after receiving teachings. That amounts to a ql 28 pet for Engi and ql 36 pet for Crat.
    -The crat will just rely on his pet as most of his toolset hasn't been unlocked yet (he has a nuke for 47 dmg every 4 seconds).
    -The engi will not just be relying on his pet, as he has reflects, dmg shield and ACs. A good engi will be able to get on some weapons (I personally don't know what a low engi can/will use) but the dmg reductions from reflection and dmg being thrown back at the attacker is going to be massive.

Now back to the MP. An MP at L15 will be in the same boat for nanoskills. Let's dumb them down a bit, since they need to do 4 different nanoskills for pets instead of just the 2 (like Engi & Crat). Assume they only get 150 nanoskills after teachings. That's a ql 25 attack pet, ql 20 mezz pet and Medinos (lvl 14 heal pet). Now MPs are OP because of most recent changes. 'Anima's are 4 hours now instead of 20 seconds. The best they could do is +56 dmg buffer, throw that with the instill +13, that pet is throwing around 100 dmg per hit, include that with whatever weapon the MP gets on... that will hurt, a lot.

EDIT: after doing a quick & dirty way of putting on ql 90 imps for a L15 froob MP in aoskills, along with other misc stuff... you'd have around 210 MC/TS, to net you a ql 40 pet (with self-buffed teachings) good luck.
    Last edited by Legendfluf; Feb 6th, 2016 at 04:40:25.
    Characters:

I'd like to say no NPC buffs like gaunt or anything like that. No FP'd agents has been established in the rules for quite a while. If you guys can come up with a way to balance traders, enfos and FP'd agents that we can all agree on I'll modify the rules.

Also, I would like to defend the level 15 bureaucrat idea by adding that they are 1 of the 2 classes that have a self castable pistol buff at lvl 15 plus they are the only pet class with roots.

I'd like to say no NPC buffs like gaunt or anything like that. No FP'd agents has been established in the rules for quite a while. If you guys can come up with a way to balance traders, enfos and FP'd agents that we can all agree on I'll modify the rules.

Also, I would like to defend the level 15 bureaucrat idea by adding that they are 1 of the 2 classes that have a self castable pistol buff at lvl 15 plus they are the only pet class with roots.
    Oh, no FP agents? awww. There goes my idea of an MA agent.

Also, you said no roots. So why mention that they can root? edit: ugh, no rooting pets. You just gave the win to the MPs

I might make a quick MP for this, since they can do ql 40 pet & the 33 heal pet if done correctly.
    Last edited by Legendfluf; Feb 6th, 2016 at 04:53:01.
    Characters:

Rules say no rooting players pets but root and shoot on players is allowed. Do your FP MA idea. I'll adjust the rules, people were mostly concerned with agents with heal pets and drains.

Rules say no rooting players pets but root and shoot on players is allowed. Do your FP MA idea. I'll adjust the rules, people were mostly concerned with agents with heal pets and drains.
    Well I'll let you in on something.

A L15 agent can't do the False Profession MP self-buffed. 180 nanoskills is TOUGH and then cast any sort of good pets after that is a "good luck".
    Mine is around 15-20 skills away from casting it selfed.

We can discuss this in-game if you'd like.
    Last edited by Legendfluf; Feb 6th, 2016 at 05:01:23.
    Characters:

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    Well I'll let you in on something.

A L15 agent can't do the False Profession MP self-buffed. 180 nanoskills is TOUGH and then cast any sort of good pets after that is a "good luck".
    Mine is around 15-20 skills away from casting it selfed.
    Thanks for clarifying. I have never played an agent for more than 20 minutes so Im pretty ignorant in that department.

We could meet every weekend for lowbie fights if u guys are up for it Gj on organizing the event man . Love tl2 stuf

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast