Thread: A few tiny things

A few tiny things

Hai, just a few things that used to bug me lately.

City Controller/Cloak
    - Can it get a %-view on how much it is filled still? Sometimes it’s hard to tell.
    - Can we maybe turn it back on right after the Genkill? It’s pretty annoying having to stand around waiting for the CC to get ready. This doesn’t mean I want the 2h-timer on city raids to be lowered, I just want to be able to log off and don’t have to worry about the cloak anymore until the next raid is possible. I would add an exception, that when you enabled the cloak you can’t enter the ship anymore. This also means a kick if you entered and someone turns the cloak on right after.

Sector core-thingy
    Used to be pretty amazing to get to the Outzones real quick, but it’s quick for everyone now, so maybe make it useable from everywhere on RK? (Maybe even SL?)
    Currently S13 is pretty unpopular, so how about creating an update item for core-thingy that only drops there?

Garden Warp Nanos
    The spawn-point is still in the farest corner of the gardens, can we maybe move it to the savepoint, just like the SL Beacon?
    Reduce the cast time on the MP versions as well please.

Boon of Ergo Nanos
    In the sense of opening certain buffs to more than one profession – can we open up the Boon of Ergo nanoline to Trader/Engi/NT? (Maybe froob friendly?)

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by Baby; Jan 27th, 2016 at 17:06:57. Reason: I think there was a misunderstanding about the s13 upgrade item... so I fixed the sentence.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    - Can we maybe turn it back on right after the Genkill? It’s pretty annoying having to stand around waiting for the CC to get ready. This doesn’t mean I want the 2h-timer on city raids to be lowered, I just want to be able to log off and don’t have to worry about the cloak anymore until the next raid is possible.
    Oh my god, yes!
    The rest pales in comparison. Would be a verry nice QoL improvement.

I think since beast armor unbalances this game, and we dont know the the full ramifications of it, we should not give a crap and update some armors.

i also want update to apf 13. but i would like the helmet upgrader to drop 3x times, and also be expanded to be able to update every piece of ai armor. pls +10 additional damages to every armor slot.
    while at it. please update dragon armor too. make all pieces add significant amounts of + dmg.

Since we're talking S13...
    Maybe add +3% nano damage and healing efficiency on Nophex's Molybdenum Crash Helmet and whatever the omni one is plox.

"Upgrading" Jathos to that is just silly currently.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Just make the cloak auto-enable after 1h? Or remove the "enable" part completly and just make the "call aliens" button lock-out for 2h.

Making the "Decrypted Kyr'Ozch Data Core" work from anywhere on RK would really be nice - and/or if used in alien hub beam back to ICC (comparable to the the DB thingy PW -> Borealis).

City raids are supposed to be done from the moment when cloak was disabled and until ship boss is dead.
    This whole raid takes/took around 50 minutes to be done (excluding cocoon room, when it lasts less), so, basically, an amount of time you have to wait till cloak can be enabled - isn't 30 minutes, it's only about 10 minutes.

I realise that city raids are used only to farm lead bots. This is how it is for years already. But I doubt something has to be changed here for real.
    Instead of releasing new instances or playfields Funcom should focus on remaking/rebalancing/changing current ones to make them competitive/challenging/interesting/entertaining once again according to current offensive/defensive abilities of players, access to latest gear and its characteristics and so on.

I remember when city raids were done with several teams. It was entertaining, challenging and funny. Now this part of game is nearly dead and extremely boding because most of the time it's being done by single players just for leadbot farm purposes.
    Add low droprate of leadbots - and you'll receive extremely boring and annoying part of the game.
    If you want to eliminate boredom and annoyance of this content - just make 100% droprate of leadbots and make them convertable to other type.
    But if you want to make this content entertaining and challenging - cloak recharge cycle and enable/disable rate isn't a key.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

And who was talking about making it entertaining? This is a QoL suggestion, because I dont see the point in wasting real life time in this game just to click a button. Nothing about the city raids is supposed to be changed, just I dont wanna waste time. Like many many others.

And stop the blah blah about Funcom should focus on x y z.
    These are TINY things that should be very easy to implement, so don't worry I'm not wasting any devtime here. Not like Michi drops everything now and spends a year on these.

If anything changed about how city raids work, they should make a super-hard mode option. 5+ times as many aliens, and higher level. Have it drop so many, you would most likely not kill them before the next wave arrives.

Just making it a challenge would make it way more fun. Even if the General and loot chances all stay the same.

And, couldn't agree more on auto re-cloak. So many times I passed up on city, simply because it was too late in the evening to stay up to turn the cloak on.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

What a great idea... make it hard to do...

then pop on 100% lead drop-rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

This also means a kick if you entered and someone turns the cloak on right after.
    This is not a good idea.

In busy org's there's always people motoring around and checking the CT, and popping the cloak. in 100% of my city raids I do ship (just log 3 other toons and jump in), and I see this as a stupid liability to build in for no reason.

If you want to fiddle with the cloak timers and all that, you have to think about the process:

1. you lower the cloak
    2. when the cloak is lowered, the Kyr'ozch identify a TARGET on Rubi-ka, they start their OWN raid on US.
    3. They find the appropriate team mates (i.e. Channeler, Brig general, general, admiral, all that stuff) then come to attack US
    4. During their attack, they attack the CT (which is OK, because it's the aggro target, but realistically they should also be doing damage to the Org city once CRU is depleted, after which the Org city should have to pay to repair)
    5. WE (players) defend our city against the alien attack
    6. If WE are successful at repelling their ground attack, then we can counterattack by boarding THEIR ship
    7. If WE don't kill their fighter pilot within a certain time (15 minutes I think) he can fly away and the players on board the ship die.
    8. If WE kill the fighter pilot and the alien officers then we have successfully counterattacked and from an RP standpoint, we've basically baited the aliens into an attack and eliminated one of their ships.

Now, given this series of events, what seems to make the most sense is to simply say that once the ground attack has been successfully repelled, then the shield is able to be raised.

However, there is nothing to suggest that raising the shield would force players to leave the ship from an RP standpoint. Realistically, we could simply say that regardless of whether the cloak is raised or down, once the ground raid fails (from the alien standpoint), that the ship is under preparations to leave, period.

What makes the most sense here, is to say that we should argue to change the ship boarding mechanics: Instead of having a window pop up and say you can board the ship - you have 5 minutes to do so, it makes more sense to have a window pop up which doesn't INVITE you to the ship, it simply says:

The alien ship is preparing to leave, and will depart in 15 minutes. Then, whoever is around can be invited to the team and join the ship raid, and if they fail to kill the fighter pilot within 15 minutes, all who boarded die.

The shield is raised after the general dies (you could even say that you can't raise the shield if the general or a hacker is alive still), That way you penalize players who don't prepare for a raid properly.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    This is not a good idea.

In busy org's there's always people motoring around and checking the CT, and popping the cloak. in 100% of my city raids I do ship (just log 3 other toons and jump in), and I see this as a stupid liability to build in for no reason.

[...]
    I see your reasoning, but it could simply be adjusted with an "Enable cloak early" button instead. So orgmates know it would be too early to turn it on.
    My point was simply that those who don't wanna waste real life time have the opportunity to skip the waiting, but don't get the benefit of a full city raid on top. So either you do the full raid or you turn the cloak on early.

Honestly you're making it way too complicated.

He used most of the post to explain how things are now, and I think he reduces the complexity by:
    Remove the ship availability check, -> always available. This *should* be purely deletion of code.
    Increasing the timer for entering, should be changing one number.
    This requires a low amount of testing.

You're original idea wanting to add mechanics to boot people out of the ship if someone turns on the cloak early. This requires implementation and more testing.

I like his idea, and the idea of the person who suggested that the cloak is raised automatically after 2h. Should be easy to implement on the event of the CC allowing the cloak to be raised.
    I can't come up with arguments as to why the cloak can't raise itself, nor why we shouldn't be able to raise it after the general is dead, and then rush the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Eedesti View Post
    He used most of the post to explain how things are now, and I think he reduces the complexity by:
    Remove the ship availability check, -> always available. This *should* be purely deletion of code.
    Increasing the timer for entering, should be changing one number.
    This requires a low amount of testing.

You're original idea wanting to add mechanics to boot people out of the ship if someone turns on the cloak early. This requires implementation and more testing.

I like his idea, and the idea of the person who suggested that the cloak is raised automatically after 2h. Should be easy to implement on the event of the CC allowing the cloak to be raised.
    I can't come up with arguments as to why the cloak can't raise itself, nor why we shouldn't be able to raise it after the general is dead, and then rush the ship.
    Precisely. From an RP standpoint it makes perfect sense as well (as outlined in my post).

Honestly, I don't think you read posts you quote.

In case you're patience challenged, I'll TL;DR for you:

[[[The city cloak is raised automatically after the General dies or despawns.]]]

Oh, don't worry I do. I wasn't referring to your entire post, just the part about how orgmates apparently just wait around to turn on cloaks. That's also why it's the only part I quoted *hint hint*.

Quote Originally Posted by Eedesti
    I just don't think it's a good thing to give ppl everything, without them having to do anything for it. I mean if it's easier for Devs to let the shield raise itself, I'll be fine with it, because afterall I really just don't wanna waste any more time.
    My intention was just to avoid turning another thing into something brainlessly easy.

I get your intention, and wholeheartedly agree. But I don't think raising the cloak qualifies as difficulty. (think I might have misunderstood you here).
    Ai raids is to easy anyways(ship is easily dual-logged) , so I don't think any of these changes makes any form of impact.

(I know you need 4 on the ground to get an invite)

Yes, not difficult at all, but you need to remember still =) :P
    But as said before, I like either solution - with or without changes to entering the ship.