Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a new Anarchy Online server

a new Anarchy Online server

what would it take to start up a brand new Anarchy Online server. As I understand it, the economy is wrecked in Anarchy Online because of exploits earlier on in the game. Also, many people who play have like 10 220's. I think it would be a great idea to start fresh and I would play the game if done.

Not seeing this happening. If it really messed up things this bad then they could roll back the server, but what about the rest of the legit community losing the goodies they acquired in a fashion way?
    Just finished setting up prefs and client crashed.

The economy haven't been this good in years.
    Why is it a bad thing that we have 10+ 220's? If a new server started I would quit instead of starting there.

Quote Originally Posted by eedesti View Post
    the economy haven't been this good in years.
    Why is it a bad thing that we have 10+ 220's? If a new server started i would quit instead of starting there.

nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

was quiet enjoyable on the beta server starting from scratch and making due with less than perfect gear , being happy with low ql symbiants, totw gear, farming your own cure for baldness in elysium and finally getting a jame drop in adonis .

Quote Originally Posted by pinkishpunk View Post
    was quiet enjoyable on the beta server starting from scratch and making due with less than perfect gear , being happy with low ql symbiants, totw gear, farming your own cure for baldness in elysium and finally getting a jame drop in adonis .
    Nothing is stopping you from doing that on the current server.

based michi saved the economy. and aint nobody got time to start from scratch. a lot of the gear we have simply doesn't exist ingame anymore.

Start fresh after all these years? HELL NO.

It was amusing on the Beta server for a while, but to have to do that for 'real'? Oh Hell No Thank You.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

If it were possible to spin up a private server to just play fresh with some friends or something, sure.

Otherwise, no way. I've got way too much crap piled away, and don't like the idea of getting it all over again.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Much like the silly AO2 idea, this would mean losing access to characters I've been working on for over a decade and have grown quite attached to. If I had to start over I would quit, never to touch AO again, as would the majority of the player base I've talked to about it.

I'm fully against the idea, both in principle and in practice as contrary to what the OP seems to believe, it would take days, maybe weeks at most until someone found a suitable way to get crazy rich and bring the economy to a similar state as the current one, legitimately or otherwise.

There's no games without flaws. Think of ways to bring some more population into the game as that's by far the best you can do for it.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by Eedesti View Post
    Nothing is stopping you from doing that on the current server.
    ofcause not, but running around alone pretending , is a different experience . Current state of the game where every one has a army of overpowered tl7s to farm everything and nobody teams and levels as they where meant to , is kind a boring.

ofcause not, but running around alone pretending , is a different experience . Current state of the game where every one has a army of overpowered tl7s to farm everything and nobody teams and levels as they where meant to , is kind a boring.
    so multibox 5 fresh accounts and make your own teams

If it's so enjoyable then why would having higher level characters - that you are under no obligation to use - impede it?

I think you're mistaking nostalgia for genuine fun.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    If it's so enjoyable then why would having higher level characters - that you are under no obligation to use - impede it?

I think you're mistaking nostalgia for genuine fun.
    maybe because people kills everything with their tl7 to have their lowbie loot it, the beta was nice that way that you got to experience the zones as they where meant to.
    But each to themself, if someone enjoys their tl7 let them, ofcause we cant just reset everyone and start over

Start new server from scratch, launch referral program in AO, pop small/medium AD campaign in facebook/twitter, and make shiny new server F2Play for 3-6 months.
    /win
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    Start new server from scratch, launch referral program in AO, pop small/medium AD campaign in facebook/twitter, and make shiny new server F2Play for 3-6 months.
    /win

First things first. They, and by they I mean he, must first fix loot and quests. Redesigning leveling content that is accessible to higher level toons to be doable solo at the intended level and placing all phat loot in level locked instances.

It doesn't matter for a 220 toon if Trash King is level 13 or 130 but its loot is useful for lowby toons. That quest should either have mobs of the proper level, loot adequate for the level of the mobs or be in a level locked instance.

Lol..

Restart AO, because economy is broken... Why not fix the economy.

How would this happen? Well first organise a band of people who are for it. Then contact funcom, howmuch revenue is needed for an extra server... Then start kickstarter campaign... And promise to give FC money the moment server opens...

Personaly when beta of new engine was launched, I enjoyed new experience from lvl 1 to 9... Then I got bored on mainland.

In case you cannot get a bunch of people to support your kickstarter... Just do a server restart themed org, and roleplay the server restart and ignore everyone else.

This last option, does not require cooperation from Funcom.. You need some people and start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Unfortunately the game is no state to launch a fresh server. Even an advocate of the idea would have a hard time arguing this objectively. Loot tables, zone distribution, mob distribution, and a large number of level ranges are a wreck. Couple this with droprates designed to address the needs of a server of max level players versus a fresh population. It would be months, maybe even over a year, before a full set of ql300 combined could be made. Prices in the game currently are largely designed with the broken economy in mind - the original leveling experience was a mess when compared to gearing up as you level. Implants too costly, armor far too costly, weapons rarely worth buying and also too costly, and even nano crystals can prove to be a problem (despite the ability to roll missions). For this to occur the entire game would need massive re-tuning and balance, which it simply lacks currently.

Additionally this couldn't ever occur without destroying the game, unless it was an option - and not the mandated server. That isn't a problem in its own right, but to justify the risk and expense of starting a new server the game would need a thriving population which the original server can barely support. If somehow a miracle occurs and the game is perfectly re-tuned with a huge player-base then I could certainly see it as an option for the creation of a new server. If the idea of a server split is ever brought up, it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest a fresh server (which doesn't allow character transfers) as an alternative.

Don't know why would one want for everybody to start from scratch. I mean it's really really old game and in my opinion it lacks players only because it is old. The only way I would start from scratch is if it was AO2.
    Just finished setting up prefs and client crashed.

i would sacrifice evry alt i had for a new server and the option to start with nothing any day.
    i love equal play, and a new server for me would be the best thing to keep me here longer.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Feb 20th, 2016 at 03:00:16.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast