Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Returning to full sub . . . .

Returning to full sub . . . .

been off and on as froob for the past couple years, and Sloob
    decided to start a new full account rather then upgrade the froob account, (Basically a fall back if I need to stop sub) also took a 3 month break from the sloob account and forgot how to play my Shade
    also didn't resub existing full account last played in 06, if I couldn't remember how to play level 90+ shade with 3 month break, I'm sure not going to recall how to play 180Agent, 150 doc, 120 Keeper . . and on and on but it's a about a dozen 100+ characters (only because merge)

just saying "Sup all"

be visiting Profession Academies a lot more now I can access the forums to reask newbie questions

sup man welcome back to the subscriber life
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Welcome back. Enjoy refamiliarizing yourself, discovering the changes, and exploring the new areas!

Hi and welcome back, if you find yourself scratching your head about anything;

http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php...wledge%2F#sub1

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...k-of-Knowledge

You can always click the link in my sig and search my channel for anything else.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Welcome back!

And for all considering paying I say to you loud and clear here : pay till JUNE and then GET THE OFFER for 1 year (will be 1 year + some extra time and some really nice stuff)
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Thank you every one

I haven't stopped using AOU, it was basically the only forum and the FROOB forum I could ask questions, or in game, was locked out of AO official, heck wouldn't let me post (Register) even with my SLOOB account
    I wanted to ask or follow up with some questions but all I could do was was hope some one asked what I wanted to ask.

AOU was my go to for help with mission

I'm more relaxed in playing now, meaning I'm less interested in Min/Max set ups . . . this may be a age thing, where I most likely place less effort inquiring items. That doesn't mean I don't want such . . just means . ."eh . . maybe later" or "I' can live without" . . pretty much won't get too much into twiking mainly

I had forgotten about the June offers, well if I have $ still by then I'll add to the sub then

I caught the last chance to get the grand master for TSW, had a day to spare for that one

I started a MA to be the main on this account, My thoughts was that one may be the easiest to level up, to farm items for others, I have always wanted to do a Piercing Doc, and that was tough as a froob, that one, I stopped early working on , since Tango dirks are not so easy to get any more (were you could buy from trader shop) I like Agents, but already have a few T4 and one T5 Agent. Advy's are not my thing, but played them. Shades are more my style, but will wait before starting a new one. I like Fixers but I don't think I ever got one to T4 yet. I don't play pet classes very well, or I would start an engineer.
    NT's . . man . . some day I'll get me one to at least T4.
    Soldiers I find fun to play, but something about them turns me off, but I do have fun with a T2 Opi Pistol Soldiers
    I'm not very good at playing tanks

I have started a Doc, But sticking with pistols for now, I play him when taking a break from leveling the MA, he does need another pistol, I do have the tinker pistol for him already, just need to find a replacement for the starter, also had started another MA I was planing to use the shen sticks

yeah I didn't have to type all that, but bored at the moment, waiting on a download to finish

I am having debates with myself.
    I know I said I wanted to do a MA as first main, since my thoughts was they were the cheapest to level up, but I still want to play as a Doc, Shade, and Keeper

One Profession I never played Paid before was Advy, but I have a couple froob ones, but I get tired of playing the Advy not long after reach TL3.
    I like playing every Profession, just some I'm terrible at playing, like the pet classes.

the Debate is, should I stick with the MA, for the reasons I was thinking ? or Should I play a Profession I enjoy the most and take longer

then it's a matter which I like playing the most

MA is much more versatile now than it was a few years ago with the addition of Zazen form - you basically become a full fledged healer.

while levelling, MA is actually really fun and an enjoyable experience. There is oodles of cheap/free/questable usable armor:

* predator circlet/new +2 crit thing
    * notum focus sleeves
    * T1/2/3/OFAB Pants
    * fist of orion
    * lya's slippers
    * etc.

And MA's are actually pretty much totally fine up to level 150ish with implants. LE procs have been improved a lot, and you can play as a damage dealer for most situations and with a few stims you can fill in as an impromptu healer - especially with enforcers new heal reactivity attached to mongo nanos.

At endgame, (it will take you a while to get there) MA's are very good DPS, adding not only a reasonable amount of DD on their own, but boosts team DD via 8% critical hits via buffs. MA's have reasonable utility and are a reasonably strong prof, but do not occupy a "critical role".

MA cannot fill the doctor role in the most challenging endgame raids.
    MA can fill a DD role.
    MA can fill an emergency secondary healer role in most venues.

MA can fulfil the primary healer role (acceptably) in every quest encounter, all alien playfields (13/28/35), but not 42, dust brigade instance 1 and 2 but not likely 3, biodome, Zodiacs, TNH, but not likely beast (although I'm sure it's possible, you really need a team that can both mitigate properly and support your critical mana problem for repeat healing, plus, you'd need a healer for anyone outside of the primary team).
    MA is not a core prof for Pyramid of home.
    MA is OK to strong in PVP with: strength as an adaptable dueller; strength as a ganker/disabler in mass PVP; and arguably the strongest evasive healer in mass PVP (using a ranged setup for maximum efficacy).

Overall, MA isn't a bad choice, but you might find yourself frustrated in the approach to endgame lacking a clear role, and perhaps having some difficulty finding teams for critical content. MA is a better choice now than in previous years. MA is a cheap prof from level 1-220, however, if you intend on playing competitively in PVP and as a strong damage dealer, MA will require a substantial farming effort to acquire 6 pieces of combined commando's for optimum performance. For proper PVP performance, you may wish to build some 300 implants which can be costly. MA's require no rare or dyna drop nanos which eases the burden while levelling.

MA makes best use out of any prof for some moderately priced gear such as living dragonflesh armor which can be equipped at 120 and is valuable chest piece from 120 to 220. If you intend to equip symbiants which only really start to gain significant value over implants at around level 130 and onwards, you'll be extremely frustrated by availability at level 150, however, with some planning and prudent purchases, outfitting with a set of symbiants at level 165-170 will be relatively cheap (but perhaps more costly in support/twink gear).

MA hits a considerable low point at level 201-209 while levelling in Inferno. At level 210, you can acquire dreadloch shensticks or xan of wisdoms - or the corrupted version from PoH which is a fairly easy acquisition as a intermediate pickup, which will add considerable heft to your damage dealing capability. At 210-220, pure fist damage in inferno will feel (and is) extremely underwhelming. For consideration of a "DD" class, you must be triple wielding (that means 1 weapon in each hand and using the combined automatic martial arts attack).

Triple wielding with high min-damage large crit weapons as early as possible will ensure a steady progression to 220. Once you have triple wield add damage and critical hits will further flesh out your DD capability.

aahh thanks

I'm a little late on the fist of orion, my MA is 64 as I type this, I do have the rock krusher

I just started playing with the predators, mostly hunting for Doja's from them, seeing the Bosses there drop the Mask for the Predator's Circlet, guess I know what I'll be doing

thanks again, I'll stick with the MA then, that will make it easier for me to farm for the other professions

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    MA hits a considerable low point at level 201-209 while levelling in Inferno. At level 210, you can acquire dreadloch shensticks or xan of wisdoms - or the corrupted version from PoH which is a fairly easy acquisition as a intermediate pickup, which will add considerable heft to your damage dealing capability.
    Don't forget about Viral Force-Blades which are dual-wieldable at 200 and my MA does some pretty great damage in Inf mishes with them. If the plan is to level, you don't obviously need to go through the effort of getting 2 of them on, but 1 plus an off-hand S7 Kyr Nunchuck will work decently.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Don't forget about Viral Force-Blades which are dual-wieldable at 200 and my MA does some pretty great damage in Inf mishes with them. If the plan is to level, you don't obviously need to go through the effort of getting 2 of them on, but 1 plus an off-hand S7 Kyr Nunchuck will work decently.
    Good point.

oh my . . just a moment of a break
    last week I installed AO Testlive, and thought I would play with something I had planned later, and see what it's like at 220 (that would be a Opi Enf 1he), damn I suck or something, my MA when at lvl60 can do more damage. I know I would not be as good as if I had start from the git-go, but did expect a whole lot more

just slow gaining creds, @lvl 80 and half my imps are ql75, because i can't afford QL100's and only a few levels from squeezing on 125's, not to mention rechargers and stims
    nothing is selling on the market thingy
    and it's become a rarity to even get Monster parts to turn into Plasma to vendor

still no luck with the predators, at least now it's getting easier to kill'em
    I still haven't got involved with gaining Victory Points for OFAB
    been trying to gain Guardian faction, not so easy soloing, around my current level

besides those minor things mentioned, everything is going hunky dory

have you tried to get yourself:

1. 2x notum spirits from the weird thing in the smugglers den in SFH?
    2. 1x Gamboler's robe from Cerubim in CoH (he's hard, you'll need help, ideally a tank+doctor)
    3. working on pred circlet is a good idea (use a hacker device I think on a predator facemask to create a circlet)
    4. miy's armor? There are several very decent pieces for MA's - miy's tank chest is decent for certain, check which piece has MA skill on it too.
    5. a T1 piece of armor (you get most of the pieces just motoring around in ely catacombs, but probably can buy them 500k alternately)
    6. T2 pants - do the Ado brain quest for all the parts and boom, a decent pair of levelling pants
    7. working on tokens... keep at it. Just keep in mind, they'll get easier to grind with each higher TL. At 150 (TL5) they are pretty easy. each token gives you 7 merits and there are some very nice boards to get (triumphant double suns for clan, not sure for Omni)

rings I'd just recommend using IQ rings or damage rings, both are useful, but keep collecting them. While traveling, do some RK missions when you're around 150 and pick up any reflect bracers you find, OR, if you want to make some fast cash, send a neutnet/Dnet sale... you might get buyers instantaneously for reflect energy, reflect elements, and reflect physics bracers. I reckon you could sell those for 50-100m a pop which would outfit you rapidly. Just make sure you carry a mission key duplicator, and you'll be set.

Dang AOU is still down . . thanks McKnuckleSamwich
    I'll just have to figure it out through AOWiki, till AOU is back up

guess I'll have to start making friends

got the mask . now to get it hacked, wished I booked mark how to get it done, no biggie, I can find it again, Also picked up the boots and Chest while there . yay

oh cool took a moment to look it up while typing here, Predator's Circlet
    oh kay . . just need to find someone, since I get . . It is theoretically possible to combine "Advanced Hacker Tool" with "Predator Armor Facemask". But you need at least 600 in BreakingEntry. , wonder if that will be easier then finding someone with 640 NP, so I can get a Imp crafted, still looking for that.
    I went on test live and created a level 100 NT, to see if I could do it with a NT I have, since I can make him Lvl 100 with the new Sub rewards, but I was like 120 NP away, I kept it with what resources I have available on live, I'm sure I could create one on Testlive, with the resources I can get from Auto2.0. So I won't be able to do it myself (the Implant).

well gotta get back in game , for the last few minutes, got get up early, will be gone for a few days

What's your characters name ?
    I can log in my Engi and take care of your imps and hacking the circlet quick.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

XaatMA2

I just logged out but can quickly hop back in

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    What's your characters name ?
    I can log in my Engi and take care of your imps and hacking the circlet quick.

Cool, logging in Ramsbottom now.

right on be looking fer ya, just need to dash into bank to get pack that has it stashed in,

Thank you again Wakizaka
    for some reason I did bad math to begin with, oh well, at least they're there when I can equip them, need to crash now, have a doc appointment, and I', outta town, so only a couple hours rest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast