Thread: Various QoL Ideas

Various QoL Ideas

This is going to be a list of various ideas I've had that may help improve the game, If they have been mentioned before I am sorry for just repeating used ideas.

---------
    Froobs
    ---------
    1) Let Froobs use the GMI to actually purchase and sell items. With how much quieter the game has gotten and the froobs being restricted to either using the forum or posting in the trade channel in hopes that there is a buyer in earshot. Of course they shouldn't get this without penalty since they do not own the AI expansion so maybe place a usage tax on anything they sell (maybe around 25-30%) that way froobs have an opportunity to generate income but not as much as a paying player.

2) If option A is frowned upon how about taking all the trade channels and merging them into one global trade channel. It would reach all levels and factions in every location but would not be without restrictions to prevent it from being abused. A certain level (maybe 50) would be required to post in the channel and the time restriction would be that one character could only post every ~5-10min so as to help prevent spamming.

-------------
    Gameplay (will be using ToTw and IS as examples)
    -------------
    1) Increase loot drop rates for some of the rarer items. I know some of the Xan instances had their drop rates buffed because people were unhappy with it, lets take this and spread it throughout the rest of Rubi-Ka (and to Shadowlands). Maybe not as big of a buff as the one they did to the Xan instances but an increase would be appreciated. Not a 100% drop rate of course but something like maybe a 15-20% drop rate to things like Keeper's Vitality or Nematet's Inner Eye maybe Guardian Tank Armor. Of course the % I mentioned are just examples and would be adjusted how FC saw fit.

2) Fix broken loot tables, there are some items that are just not possible to get because the mob or instance it is suppose to drop is buggy and the item is just not in the loot table. Examples of this would be Inner Faith from ToTw and Iskop's Ascendancy and Soul Siphon from IS. I am not 100% sure that these are actually bugged items or just the drop rate is so absurdly low that people began to assume that it was actually not dropping which would point back to the previous idea of increasing drop rates.

3) I know this has been talking about before but nothing seems to come of it, introduce the ability to gain SK on Rubi-Ka. Missions, level range mobs, etc allow 201+ players to continue to level on RK would give people a break from the inferno grind and at the same time hopefully give paying 201+ players an incentive to team with froobs in level range to do team missions. I remember the issue being the coding being ancient foreign to the current dev but I am not sure if this is still the case with the changes coming.

------------
    Cosmetic
    ------------
    1) LET PEOPLE PVM WITH SOCIAL WEAPONS. As long as the equipped weapon is the same type (melee / ranged) as the social weapon allow people to attack with it. As I don't dabble in PvP at all I would assume that this may have a negative effect so prevent them from using social weapons in BS or around 25% Gas etc

2) Allow the pet classes to change the looks of their pets. Purely cosmetic like the social weapons, allow them to change their pets model to any previous models of their class. For example, an engineer could have a pair of slayers instead of the dog/chicken or a pair of dogs or hell even 2 widowmakers if they feel like blocking the screen. Same deal with the crat could rock two swords droids etc. Again disable the morph nano in BS and PvP gas areas. Maybe make the nano a cash shop item.

And lastly this one is a shot in the dark but add a NPC in borealis that will give you various buffs for a credit fee (make sure they don't over lap with the cash shop nanos) in other to both prevent people from being driven crazy from tells asking for buffs (ex: Fixers) and at the same time offer an option for these buffs available to those who play during the extra quiet times when no one is on.
    Last edited by Grious; Apr 5th, 2016 at 19:52:18.

Agree with pretty much all of this. A few comments though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grious View Post
    1) Let Froobs use the GMI to actually purchase and sell items. With how much quieter the game has gotten and the froobs being restricted to either using the forum or posting in the trade channel in hopes that there is a buyer in earshot. Of course they shouldn't get this without penalty since they do not own the AI expansion so maybe place a usage tax on anything they sell (maybe around 25-30%) that way froobs have an opportunity to generate income but not as much as a paying player.
    A tax that severe would be over the top. Just do what other F2P games do and put a cap on the number of active orders.

1) Increase loot drop rates for some of the rarer items. I know some of the Xan instances had their drop rates buffed because people were unhappy with it, lets take this and spread it throughout the rest of Rubi-Ka (and to Shadowlands). Maybe not as big of a buff as the one they did to the Xan instances but an increase would be appreciated. Not a 100% drop rate of course but something like maybe a 15-20% drop rate to things like Keeper's Vitality or Nematet's Inner Eye maybe Guardian Tank Armor. Of course the % I mentioned are just examples and would be adjusted how FC saw fit.
    I agree, and I don't think it would be the end of the world if boss loot tables gave equal weight to all items. It's 2016; time to cremate and scatter the ashes of the concept of camping spawns for rare drops.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Ill admit the percentages I used were pretty much just made up on the spot and would most likely be changed by FC, but the idea of having a limited active order does sound much better!