Thread: Patch Server is Broken

Patch Server is Broken

This is not new, it's expected now. I'm having no issues downloading patches from other places. Steam and GOG work fine. A 2.4gb patch thru Steam will take about 10 min with my connection.

But an AO patch....

What will happen now is FC will announce server downtime tomorrow or Monday and the patch D/L will blazingly fast. I, otoh, will be playing something else.

Still Broken this morning. 0834 local now. Been getting more annoyed since 0600. Un-installed AO. rebooted routers. Rebooted computer. DL'd old client again...no joy-- oddly, the 5 install files down load fine-- 3 min ea or so but as soon as patching starts it's back to useless.

Just for the hell of it, went to my Steam library, dl'ed a 768mb game install file in 4 minutes.

I'll try one more time-- wipe & fresh dl of everything.

Grab the patches from the FTP instead.
    The AO patcher started by the launcher has been flaky for quite a long time now, sadly

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Thanks, that was a help. AO was seriously in danger of achieving Eight Deadly Words status:

Eight Deadly Words Game Companies Fear: "I don't care about this game any more!"

This news just in...First message in this thread has risen from its month old grave and lives again!

Been checking the ftp server thread too-- but no joy there yet either.

Could Funcom get a clue please?

pretty incompetent......even for funcom. Same deal every update or patch. I'll play froob and take their money away this month.

Patch Failed: Old File does not exist. Current File: "cd_image\data\statels\4121.pf" You might have to reinstall Anarchy Online to play.
    If this particular problem persists, contact support@anarchy-online.com for help.

is this a wider problem and I should just sit out till a fix is found or is a reinstall actually needed?

Feel like I spend more time reinstalling the game than I spend playing :/
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

I gave up on the old client after screwing around with the patch for 4 hours and reinstalled the new client from scratch-- that went fine took about 1 hour altogether. Fired it up made sure it's working. Sweetfx is next.

Gresh, read the fix in the launcher window.

Hmm ok, thanks. Hadnt ever noticed there was a scroll on the launcher page before let alone actually scrolled it.

Thanks for the heads up... I would never of seen that. Turns out the file not found is a different file from a different location so that fix didnt work but I've sent in an email.
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

Red face Giving it up.

So long AO people. I have decided to give up on AO and go play something else that actually works...(talking about the patcher)...I don't have the best internet to mess with it...half of time it don't work anyways...so Ill either play my ps3 more often or maybe try WoW again...but probably stay off the computer games...I have people I need to kill on battlefield 4....if anyone plays...feel free to add me...Beak3er82

rip penguin sad to see another one hit the dust.

To update my error message, the file that wasn't found for me isn't replaceable it seems because after requesting a screenshot, I was told to reinstall. Lol

Another Saturday spent installing.

I'll try the old client reinstall later today and report back. The New Client is working fine kinda sorta-- FPS is typically 50+ most places with my Nvidia 660 @1920x1080 but will drop to slide show levels (8 to 12) entering new zones. I have some things turned down but all effects are on. No crashes yet

Messed a bit with Sweet Fx but it tells me can't find something.

Patch server appears to be working ok now. Did a complete re-install of the old client and it took about 45 min and patched almost instantly. So tell me, FC, why the hell can't you do that consistently?

Aye, mine took ages to download but I guess thats down to my connection. Its installed and working ok now. There seems to be less lag too, especially with dual logging. Not sure if that is down to the fresh install or the patch.