Thread: 2016 - 220 PvM Setup - Value-edition for team / raid play

2016 - 220 PvM Setup - Value-edition for team / raid play

Looking for some shopping lists (both literally and figuratively for NODROP gear) to equip a fresh 220 soldier so they are decent at team / raid play. Recently returned to AO after a long break and I'm leveling most of my characters to 220.

Thank you for the guidance!

Cc or kaehler sleeves
    Ofab pants and gloves
    Dchest or ofab chest or db combat chest
    Cc helmet
    Shoulder: ofab motr gauntlet

Alb damage huds x2
    Dread damage enhancer thingy

In general :Max your full auto recharge then add gear that increases damage

When that isn't possible add gear that increases health
    Last edited by tlaski; Apr 23rd, 2016 at 18:07:56.
    RIP Angels of the Night
    Tlaski / 220 Soldier
    Tlaskeh / 220 Doc
    Clatskanie / 220 Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by xayle View Post
    Looking for some shopping lists (both literally and figuratively for NODROP gear) to equip a fresh 220 soldier so they are decent at team / raid play. Recently returned to AO after a long break and I'm leveling most of my characters to 220.

Thank you for the guidance!
    Welcome back
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

dshark and full ofab and your good.
    you gonna hit hard and have capped full auto and decent health wich wont realy matter since you have ams.
    whatever else you just grab along your way.

I think Lequacks comment could be a bit more fleshed out.

I think it's very important to define some things for soldier at 220. For instance, a soldier plays 3 roles: offtank/tank, damage mitigation, and DPS.

If you want to offtank/tank, simply equipping a Dshark+armor isn't going to cut it. You need to have a reasonably strong damage mitigation toolset, taunts, AND enough damage to hold aggro.
    Here are a few of the things you need/need to do to perform this role:
    * taunt nanos
    * taunt items
    * high nanoskills to use best AMS
    * maxed ranged energy for best perk DPS via RE perkline
    * good add damage to boost burst damage

So, as you can imagine, this basically leads fully into the other roles:

For DPS you can drop the taunts, and instead of using for example, ofab backpiece, you can use something like ERBP to add a big chunk of damage, also, it might be worth considering using a crit setup if you're already getting 8ishk burst damage and landing all your hits.

For damage mitigation, generally speaking most soldiers (almost all) simply think that having their nanos running is sufficient for all encounters, but that's what separates good soldiers from the masses of idiots. If you are a good soldier, you're going to be constantly on the lookout for opportunities to apply guardian. That's the first level of playing well. But there are many more, often what makes a good soldier in a raid is being able to maintain as much damage boosts on the team as possible during a fight, and noticing when the tank either needs to have an offtank, or when to simply burst down an add or two. So that takes time to learn. But generally speaking, you can swap in like 2-3 items to take you from being a stronger DPSer to being a very solid tank very rapidly:

* scheol quest deflection amplifier
    * OFAB backpiece
    * AAD items like infused ancient defender
    * other specific hud/util/neck/ring/ armor items

As for weapons, a Dshark is very useful, and you really can't deny that there is a lot of value on the cold proc which does a snare on target, but you should experiment with other weapons because there is a lot of value in being able to swap around, especially in some cases where rotating damage shields can mitigate 100% of damage (biodome). Generally speaking, SMG's currently beat AR's for DPS, but don't be afraid to experiment with some of the new weapons like the archaen commander or whatever it's called (heavy weapons)

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    As for weapons, a Dshark is very useful, and you really can't deny that there is a lot of value on the cold proc which does a snare on target, but you should experiment with other weapons because there is a lot of value in being able to swap around, especially in some cases where rotating damage shields can mitigate 100% of damage (biodome). Generally speaking, SMG's currently beat AR's for DPS, but don't be afraid to experiment with some of the new weapons like the archaen commander or whatever it's called (heavy weapons)

PoH with dshark \o/ As knuck, quack stated dshark is nice to start but you should try to get an anger asap (WU drop a lot at 12 man) or while doing PoH, dont forget to pick AR gun
    https://aoitems.com/item/280722/anger-of-the-xan/ 1865 FA according to this site to cap it
    Last edited by dritst; Apr 25th, 2016 at 06:32:22.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.